IslamicTeachings.org

Fiqh of Menstruation (4 Madhabs)...Testing AI & FIQH

• Dawah Team
Posted (edited)

https://central-mosque.com/index.php/Acts-of-Worship/menstruating-women-and-entering-mosque.html

1. (Free) ChatGPT is hitting its limits
  2. Gemini (Google) is giving me wrong information
  3. So I combined 2 systems and then added it to my own site in HTML

When did the same with Injunctions of Traveling, AI did without a problem but with Menstruation it has taken me hours to do it! Not easy...

Why? Because I wanted to know which Madhab has Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) used in Pakistan Supreme Court Judgement 1992 SCMR 1273 which exonerates Imran Khan & his wife:

https://www.facebook.com/100063939761886/posts/1924702494507910/

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mudassir-iqbal-a687b31b2_1992-scmr-1273-activity-7154521552724668416-W2G8

Edited by ColonelHardstone

• ColonelHardstone changed the title to Fiqh of Menstruation (4 Madhabs)...Testing AI & FIQH
On 6/9/2024 at 3:15 AM, ColonelHardstone said:

https://central-mosque.com/index.php/Acts-of-Worship/menstruating-women-and-entering-mosque.html

1. (Free) ChatGPT is hitting its limits
  2. Gemini (Google) is giving me wrong information
  3. So I combined 2 systems and then added it to my own site in HTML

When did the same with Injunctions of Traveling, AI did without a problem but with Menstruation it has taken me hours to do it! Not easy...

Why? Because I wanted to know which Madhab has Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) used in Pakistan Supreme Court Judgement 1992 SCMR 1273 which exonerates Imran Khan & his wife:

https://www.facebook.com/100063939761886/posts/1924702494507910/

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mudassir-iqbal-a687b31b2_1992-scmr-1273-activity-7154521552724668416-W2G8

Assalamu alaikum 

Are you sure the information is correct in the chart given? I have some doubts, please clarify. 

@ummtaalib

1️⃣ It says:

According to Hanafi Madhab, Actions permissible during menstruation are: Reading the Qur'an (without direct touch), remembrance of Allah (dhikr), and seeking knowledge.

Reference: Hidāyah, vol. 1, pg. 40-41

Is reading the Qur'an even without direct touch really allowed in the Hanafi madhab?

2️⃣

Menstrual spotting within the purity period is Considered istiḥāḍah, not menstruation.

Reference: Al-Mabsūt, vol. 3, pg. 153

Spotting is also considered haidh if it's between the limit of 3-10 days. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3️⃣ 

After reaching menopause (usually 55 years), any bleeding is considered istiḥāḍah.
Reference: Al-Mabsūt, vol. 3, pg. 156

Rulings regarding menopause do not solely depend upon a woman's age. Even after 55 years normal bleeding is still considered haidh. And if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me [without bashing of course :) ]

Wa'alaykumu salaam warahmatullah

I just saw this thread!

Sorry been quite inactive of the forums

I was so happy to see the chart...though an image or PDF would be better

But after bint Aisha's question maybe not a good idea to post it. I dont have time to go through all of it but:

@Bint e Aisha 

First example: Reading the Qur'an (without direct touch) - impermissible in menses and post-natal

Second example: Menstrual spotting within the purity period is Considered istiḥāḍah, not menstruation - any coloured spotting during purity will be istihadhah. So its correct but I  think the word "menstrual spotting" can cause confusion

Third example: After reaching menopause (usually 55 years), any bleeding is considered istiḥāḍah.

No bashing inshaa-allaah : )

You are correct. After reaching 55 lunar years age if a woman sees blood which is black or red or another colour which she used to see before menopaye AND it reaches the menstrual minimum then yes, it will be menstruation

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 12:02 AM, ColonelHardstone said:

I want to test AI with something complex...

Aspect Hanafi Madhab Shafi'i Madhab Maliki Madhab Hanbali Madhab
Definition Menstruation (Hayd) is the natural blood flow from the uterus of a woman during her reproductive years. Menstruation (Hayd) is the natural blood flow from the uterus of a woman during her reproductive years. Menstruation (Hayd) is the natural blood flow from the uterus of a woman during her reproductive years. Menstruation (Hayd) is the natural blood flow from the uterus of a woman during her reproductive years.
Minimum Duration of Menstruation 3 days and 3 nights (72 hours) 1 day and 1 night (24 hours) No minimum duration defined 1 day and 1 night (24 hours)
Maximum Duration of Menstruation 10 days and 10 nights (240 hours) 15 days and 15 nights (360 hours) 15 days and 15 nights (360 hours) 15 days and 15 nights (360 hours)
Minimum Duration of Purity 15 days (between two menstrual cycles) 15 days (between two menstrual cycles) 13 days (between two menstrual cycles) 13 days (between two menstrual cycles)
Maximum Age for Menstruation No maximum age is strictly defined; it generally ends with menopause. No maximum age is strictly defined; it generally ends with menopause. No maximum age is strictly defined; it generally ends with menopause. No maximum age is strictly defined; it generally ends with menopause.
Starting Age for Menstruation Approximately 9 years (lunar calendar) Approximately 9 years (lunar calendar) Approximately 9 years (lunar calendar) Approximately 9 years (lunar calendar)
Prohibited Actions During Menstruation - Performing Salah (prayers) <br> - Fasting <br> - Touching the Mushaf (Qur'an) <br> - Entering a mosque <br> - Sexual intercourse <br> - Tawaf (circumambulation of the Kaaba) - Performing Salah (prayers) <br> - Fasting <br> - Touching the Mushaf (Qur'an) <br> - Entering a mosque <br> - Sexual intercourse <br> - Tawaf (circumambulation of the Kaaba) - Performing Salah (prayers) <br> - Fasting <br> - Touching the Mushaf (Qur'an) <br> - Entering a mosque <br> - Sexual intercourse <br> - Tawaf (circumambulation of the Kaaba) - Performing Salah (prayers) <br> - Fasting <br> - Touching the Mushaf (Qur'an) <br> - Entering a mosque <br> - Sexual intercourse <br> - Tawaf (circumambulation of the Kaaba)
Permissible Actions During Menstruation - Reciting Qur'an from memory <br> - Making Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) <br> - Making Du'a (supplication) <br> - Reading religious books that are not the Qur'an <br> - Giving charity - Reciting Qur'an from memory <br> - Making Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) <br> - Making Du'a (supplication) <br> - Reading religious books that are not the Qur'an <br> - Giving charity - Reciting Qur'an from memory <br> - Making Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) <br> - Making Du'a (supplication) <br> - Reading religious books that are not the Qur'an <br> - Giving charity - Reciting Qur'an from memory <br> - Making Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) <br> - Making Du'a (supplication) <br> - Reading religious books that are not the Qur'an <br> - Giving charity
Post-Menstrual Ghusl (Ritual Bath) Mandatory before performing any acts of worship that require purification (e.g., Salah, fasting) Mandatory before performing any acts of worship that require purification (e.g., Salah, fasting) Mandatory before performing any acts of worship that require purification (e.g., Salah, fasting) Mandatory before performing any acts of worship that require purification (e.g., Salah, fasting)
Spotting (Istihadah) Blood that flows outside of the menstrual period (less than 3 days or more than 10 days) is considered Istihadah (abnormal bleeding). Regular acts of worship are not prohibited, but Wudu (ablution) is required for each Salah. Blood that flows outside of the menstrual period (less than 1 day or more than 15 days) is considered Istihadah (abnormal bleeding). Regular acts of worship are not prohibited, but Wudu (ablution) is required for each Salah. Blood that flows outside of the menstrual period (less than 1 day or more than 15 days) is considered Istihadah (abnormal bleeding). Regular acts of worship are not prohibited, but Wudu (ablution) is required for each Salah. Blood that flows outside of the menstrual period (less than 1 day or more than 15 days) is considered Istihadah (abnormal bleeding). Regular acts of worship are not prohibited, but Wudu (ablution) is required for each Salah.
Nifas (Post-Natal Bleeding) Similar rules apply to Nifas. The maximum duration for Nifas is 40 days. If bleeding continues beyond this period, it is considered Istihadah. Similar rules apply to Nifas. The maximum duration for Nifas is 60 days. If bleeding continues beyond this period, it is considered Istihadah. Similar rules apply to Nifas. The maximum duration for Nifas is 60 days. If bleeding continues beyond this period, it is considered Istihadah. Similar rules apply to Nifas. The maximum duration for Nifas is 40 days. If bleeding continues beyond this period, it is considered Istihadah.

Brother CH

Is there any chance the other 3 madhaahib rulings can be checked by someone?

If they are all correct then we can double check and edit the hanafi ruling and still keep the topic. I like the way its doen with the diffenrences all in one place

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ummtaalib said:

Wa'alaykumu salaam warahmatullah

I just saw this thread!

Sorry been quite inactive of the forums

I was so happy to see the chart...though an image or PDF would be better

But after bint Aisha's question maybe not a good idea to post it. I dont have time to go through all of it but:

@Bint e Aisha 

First example: Reading the Qur'an (without direct touch) - impermissible in menses and post-natal

Second example: Menstrual spotting within the purity period is Considered istiḥāḍah, not menstruation - any coloured spotting during purity will be istihadhah. So its correct but I  think the word "menstrual spotting" can cause confusion

Third example: After reaching menopause (usually 55 years), any bleeding is considered istiḥāḍah.

No bashing inshaa-allaah : )

You are correct. After reaching 55 lunar years age if a woman sees blood which is black or red or another colour which she used to see before menopaye AND it reaches the menstrual minimum then yes, it will be menstruation

جزاك الله خيرا 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dawah Team

Content deleted.

It shows the limitations of AI, its gathering "opinions" from highly rated content from the Internet but unable to judge opinions at this time. My Musafir content also had issues.

This capability is now available on iPhone although much worse because Apple AI is inferior so this is the next generation of Fatwa-hopping...

• 2 weeks later...