IslamicTeachings.org

The three forms of intention

ummtaalib

The three forms of intention

There are three possible forms of an intention during an action

1) To act with an excellent praiseworthy intention
2) To act with an evil intention
3) To act without any sort of intention

The ulama have written that that this ummah hasn't suffered as much due to acting with evil intentions but rather the ummah has suffered great losses by acting without forming an intention. If we focus on our lives, We will note that we perform many actions without any intention. If we performed these same actions with an intention, We can accumulate reward. Therefore, We should turn our habits into worship and obedience (In urdu, humein chahiye ke hum apni aadat ko ibaadat banayein)

Mahboob ul Ulama wa Sulaha Hazrat Maulana Peer Zulfiqar Ahmad Naqshbandi Mujaddidi (d.b.)

Source

• 3 years later...

Eight intentions before any action

Submitted by Mohammed Desai on Mon, 19/06/2017 - 11:01

The 8 intentions that we should try to do before and during every action however small or big the action is.

1.      Oh Allah only you are giving me the Taufeeq to do this Amal (action) and its outcome is only in your hands.

2.      Oh Allah I am doing this Amal because it is your command and a Sunnah of Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam. (Think of some commands of Allah and Sunnahs related to the action)

3.      Think of some virtues of the action that are promised by Allah and Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.

4.      Oh Allah You are watching me, You can hear me, You know what is in my heart and You are with me.

5.      Oh Allah I am not fit to do this action. (Think of your sins at this point). Oh Allah all others who are doing this action are your slaves through the blessing of their action accept mine too.

6.      Oh Allah I am doing this Amal only for Your pleasure. Grant me the ability to please You and protect me from Your anger.

7.      Oh Allah accept this action of mine and make it a means for my Hidayat  (guidance) and the Hidayat of humanity till Qiyamah.

8.      After the action make Shukr to Allah and Tauba with remorse.

Note:  The value of an action will be determined by the intentions it is done with.

The intention with which an action is done is more valuable than the action itself. (Hadeeth)

The above are just a few from the many intentions that one can make.

Moulana Ilyaas Rahmatullah Alaih