IslamicTeachings.org

What does Remembrance of Allah Ta‘ala refer to?

ummtaalib

kalimah.jpg

Hazrat Moulana Muhammad Ilyaas (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) once mentioned the following:

The actual meaning of zikr is for a person to fulfil the command of Allah Ta‘ala that relates to him in every given situation. Allah Ta‘ala commands us in the Qur’aan Majeed saying:

یٰۤاَیُّهَا الَّذِیْنَ اٰمَنُوْا لَا تُلْهِکُمْ اَمْوَالُکُمْ وَلَاۤ اَوْلَادُکُمْ عَنْ ذِکْرِ اللّٰه

O you who believe! Do not let your wealth or children turn you away from the remembrance (command) of Allah Ta‘ala. (Surah Munaafiqoon v. 9)

Hence, while one is at home interacting with his family and children, or while one is engaged in trade and commerce, if he ensures that he remains obedient to Allah Ta‘ala and does not break His commands while fulfilling these worldly needs, then even though he is engaged in these occupations, he will be regarded as a person engaged in the remembrance of Allah Ta‘ala.

(Malfoozaat Hazrat Moulana Muhammad Ilyaas (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) pg. 57)

Ihyauddeen.co.za

• Like 1

As-Salaam alaikum,

Yes, Indeed...Zikrullah is a wide act... involving remembrance, invocation, memory, praise, recitation.. to always keep the heart engaged in the memory of Allah through the invocation of one of His Divine Names, a Qur'anic Verse, Istighfar, Salaat ala' Nabiy etc

When performed with mindfulness, Zikrullah makes our heart to become receptive to the activity of the tongue and become awakened with Allah's Presence, as stated in a well-known Hadith:--

"My earth and My heavens do not embrace Me but the heart of My believing servant embraces Me." (quoted by al-Ghazali in his Ihya Ulum Din)... '''embrace Me'' here refers to the knowledge of Allah Ta'ala...