IslamicTeachings.org

Rabi’ul Awwal has arrived, again…

ummtaalib

Rabi’ul Awwal has arrived, again…

img.php.jpg

Allah Ta’ala declares,

“There certainly is an example in Allah’s Messenger for he who fears Allah and the last day and remembers Allah abundantly” (Surah Al-Ahzab, verse: 21)

Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said:

“He who holds firm to my sunnah when corruption is rampant in my Ummah will attain the reward of a hundred martyrs.”

(Al-Bayhaqi fi-Zuhd; “hasan” –sound- according to Hafiz ibn Hajar; see: HidayaturRuwat, Hadith: 174)

Sayyiduna Anas (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) affectionately advised him:

“Whoever cherishes my sunnah, indeed cherishes me and whoever loves me will be with me in Jannah.”

(Sunan Tirmizhi, Hadith: 2678. Classified as “hasan” –sound- by Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah)

Sentimental events

The above and other such verses and Ahadith are frequently heard and recited during the month of Rabi’ul-Awwal, the month in which the birth and demise of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) occurred.

Huge gatherings are held, sentiments are elevated and hearts become soft upon hearing the details of these events. Resolutions of adhering to the sunnah are made, and love for Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) is increased.

As muslims, we believe that every sunnah of our beloved Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) is filled with nur (divine light) and blessing of Allah Ta’ala. Therefore, the illustrious Sahabah (radiyallahu ‘anhum) and Muhaddithun (Scholars of Hadith) took great pains in preserving the noble Ahadith and sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam). Through their sacrifices Allah Ta’ala has facilitated a huge amount of literature in which the sacred Hadith is preserved up to this day so that it can be adopted even by the Ummati (follower) of the 15th century of Islam.

But alas! How pitiful is the condition of that “lover” of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) who resolved to adopt more sunnats of his beloved the previous year, but failed to do so thus far?

One who discards the sunnah is warned severely by Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) with the words:

“I curse him, Allah curses him and so does every Prophet of Allah”

(Mustadrak Hakim, vol.1 pg.36; Hidayatur Ruwat, Hadith: 105. Considered “sahih”- authentic- by Imam Hakim rahimahullah)

This clearly highlights the cause of most of the social mishaps prevalent in the Muslim community today.

How can the blessing and mercy of Allah be found in that home whose inhabitants abandon the sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam)?

Rabi’ul-Awwal has dawned once again, this time for the 1487th time’ since the birth of Rasulullah (sallallahu álaihi wasallam). During this long period, there were many who took such resolutions and stuck by them thereby attaining the virtues promised by Allah and his Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) as well as the success of both the worlds.

There is no certainty as to how many more Rabi’ul-Awwals we will witness. Hence let not the procrastination of shaytan dominate us. Lets make an effort and also seek the assistance of Allah sincerely for the strength to adopt every sunnah of our beloved Master (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) before it is too late.

Comprehensiveness of the sunnah

The sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) is not restricted to acts or places of worship only. Instead, it is comprehensive and covers all aspects and situations of life such as ones social and moral conduct, business dealings, one’s dressing etc. It also applies to all places whether the Masjid, business place, the home or even while one is on journey. In every situation, one should draw guidance from the lifestyle of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) thereby turning habits into acts of worship.

Not seasonal

The study of the seerah (lifestyle of Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) is not only for Rabi’ul Awwal, rather it should be done throughout the year.

Every muslim should endeavour to study the complete seerah at least once in his or her lifetime under the guidance of a qualified ‘alim (scholar)

al-miftah

• Like 1

:sl:

never  thought  of  that  .  Jazakillah  khair  for sharing   the  thought .  Not  sure  if can  do  that   but it's  a  new  idea for  me .

Every muslim should endeavour to study the complete seerah at least once in his or her lifetime under the guidance of a qualified ‘alim (scholar) -