IslamicTeachings.org

Protection before sleeping

Protection before sleeping:

1 Sleep in Wudhu

2 Recite Ayatul-Kursi [2:255] before sleeping

وأخرج البخاري في صحيحه من حديث أبي هريرة قال : وكلني رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم بحفظ زكاة رمضان ، فأتاني آت فجعل يحثو وذكر قصة ، وفي آخرها أنه قال له : دعني أعلمك كلمات ينفعك الله بها ، قلت : ما هي ؟ قال : إذا أويت إلى فراشك فاقرأ آية الكرسي ، فإنك لن يزال عليك من الله حافظ ، ولا يقربك شيطان حتى تصبح ، فأخبر أبو هريرة بذلك رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم فقال : أما إنه صدقك وهو كذوب ، تعلم من تخاطب يا أبا هريرة ؟ قال : لا ، قال : ذلك شيطان كذا

Sayyidina Abu Huraira (RA) said, "Allah's Apostle (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) put me in charge of the Zakat of Ramadan (i.e. Zakat-ul-Fitr). Someone came to me and started scooping some of the foodstuff of (Zakat) with both hands. I caught him and told him that I would take him to Allah's Apostle (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)." Then Sayyidina Abu Huraira (RA) told the whole narration and added "He (i.e. the thief) said, 'Whenever you go to your bed, recite the Verse of "Al-Kursi" (2.255) for then a guardian from Allah will be guarding you, and Satan will not approach you till dawn.' " On that Allah's Apostle (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said, "He told you the truth, though he is a liar, and he (the thief) himself was the Satan." [bukhari]

3 Recite 3 Quls, blow on the hands and rub it all over the body.

عن عائشة رضي الله عنها : ( أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيهِ وَسَلَّمَ كَانَ إِذَا أَوَى إِلَى فِرَاشِهِ كُلَّ لَيلَةٍ جَمَعَ كَفَّيهِ ثُمَّ نَفَثَ فِيهِمَا فَقَرَأَ فِيهِمَا ( قُل هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ ) و ( قُل أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الفَلَقِ ) و ( قُل أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ ) ، ثُمَّ يَمسَحُ بِهِمَا مَا استَطَاعَ مِن جَسَدِهِ ، يَبدَأُ بِهِمَا عَلَى رَأسِهِ وَوَجهِهِ وَمَا أَقبَلَ مِن جَسَدِهِ ، يَفعَلُُ ذَلكَ ثَلاثَ مَرَّاتٍ ) رواه البخاري )

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (RA) that when the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) went to bed every night, he would hold his hands together and blow into them, and recite into them Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad, Qul a’oodhu bi rabb il-falaq and Qul a’oodhu bi rabb il-naas. Then he would wipe them over whatever he could of his body, starting with his head and face and the front of his body, and he would do that three times. [bukhari]

3 Recite the following duas before sleeping and then after waking up respectively:

a  "Allahumma bismika amutu wa ahya,"           ‏ ‏اللهم باسمك أموت وأحيا

b  "Al-Hamdu lil-lahi al-ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana, wa ilaihi an-nushur,"   الحمد لله الذي أحيانا بعد ما أماتنا وإليه النشور ‏

‏حدثني ‏ ‏موسى بن إسماعيل ‏ ‏حدثنا ‏ ‏أبو عوانة ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏عبد الملك ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏ربعي ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏حذيفة ‏ ‏رضي الله عنه ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏كان النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏إذا أخذ مضجعه من الليل وضع يده تحت خده ثم يقول ‏ ‏اللهم باسمك أموت وأحيا وإذا استيقظ قال الحمد لله الذي أحيانا بعد ما أماتنا وإليه النشور ‏

Narrated Sayyidina hudhaifa (RA) : When the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) went to bed at night, he would put his hand under his cheek and then say, "Allahumma bismika amutu wa ahya," and when he got up, he would say, "Al-Hamdu lil-lahi al-ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana, wa ilaihi an-nushur."" [Muslim]

central-mosque

• Like 1