IslamicTeachings.org

Dua for repayment of debts

QUESTION:

What do you suggest for Debt ? Sometimes, become very tensed if I die before repaying? 

I also wish to go for Hajj with my Wife, parents-in-law and I wish to bear all the expenses.
 Could you please suggest any Aamal so that Allah gives me the taufiq to be free from all Debts and also the ability to bear the Hajj expenses of my loved ones? 

ANSWER:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Your concern of paying off your debts is praiseworthy. One should adopt all possible means to pay ones debts. This includes making adjustments in ones standard of living and abstaining from extravagancy.

The following duas that are underlined are effective in reducing ones debts;

1. Abu Saeed radhi allahu anhu narrates that once Nabi sallallahu alayhi wa sallam came into the masjid and found one man amongst the Ansaar, who was known as Abu Umama. He asked, O Abu Umama, what is wrong that I am seeing you seated in the masjid at an unusual time (a time not of salaah). He replied, grief that has struck me and debts O Messenger of Allah. Nabi sallalahu alayhi wa sallam asked, should I not teach you such words if you recite them Allah will relieve you from your grief and make it easy for you to pay your debts? He replied, sure O Rasulullah. He said say; 

اللهُم إني أعوذُ بكَ مِن الهَم والحَزَن، وأعوذُ بكَ مِن العَجزِ والكسَل، وأعوذُ بك مِن الجُبن والبُخلِ، وأعوذُ بكَ مِن غلَبةِ الدين وقهْر الرجال

in the morning and evening. He says that I did so and Allah removed my grief and helped me in paying off my debts. 

Translation; O Allah I seek refuge in you from grief and sorrow, I seek refuge in you from being incapable and lazy, I seek refuge in you from an overwhelming debt and subjugation of men.
(Abu Dawood)

2. A man came to Ali radhi allahu anhu seeking help to pay of his debt which he owes his master. He replied, should I not teach you such words which Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa sallam thought me, if you have a debt the like of Mt Sabeer then too Allah will (by means of these words) help you fulfil your debt. Say; 

اللَّهُمَّ اكْفِنِي بِحَلَالِكَ عَنْ حَرَامِكَ، وَأَغْنِنِي بِفَضْلِكَ عَمَّنْ سِوَاكَ

Translation;O Allah suffice me with Halaal (keep me away from Haraam), with your grace make me independent from all besides you.

(Mustadrak lil Haakim)

And Allah Taala Knows Best.

Hussein Muhammad.

Student Darul Iftaa
Tanzania

Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•
Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah

Durban, South Africa

Tel: +27 (0) 31 207 5772

Email: [email protected]