IslamicTeachings.org

46. Food for the Soul - Remembrance of Allah

ummtaalib

Pearls of Wisdom: No.46

“Food for the Soul”

SUBJECT:  REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH

Allah, The Most Exalted, says:

“Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!”  (Qur’an 13:28)

“Remember Me and I will remember you.” (Qur’an 2:152)

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) is reported to have said:

"Almighty Allah says, I treat my servant according to his expectations from Me, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him in My heart; if he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a better and nobler gathering (i.e. of angels). If he comes closer to Me by one span, I go towards him a cubit's length, if he comes towards Me by a cubit's length, I go towards him an arm's length, and if he walks towards Me, I run unto him."  (Hadith – Bukhari and Muslim)

Note: From authentic sources it is confirmed that there are many benefits in the Dhikr (remembrance of Allah Ta’ala).  Remembrance of Allah brings the Pleasure of Allah and induces the love of Allah. It is a means of keeping away Shaytaan(Satan) and relieves the mind of worries and anxieties. It is the food for the heart and soul, cleanses the heart of its rust and opens doors of Ma’rifat ( Recognition of Allah). Unfortunate is a heart that is devoid of it and blessed is a heart that is overawed by it! 

www.eislam.co.za