IslamicTeachings.org

Glad tidings of the arrival of Rasulullaah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam

Glad tidings of the arrival of Rasulullaah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam

Every one of the Ambiyaa عليهم السلام who came before Rasulullaah (SAW) gave his people the glad tidings of the arrival of Rasulullaah(SAW). They also described Rasulullaah (SAW) to their people and took a pledge from them that they would follow Rasulullaah (SAW) when he does arrive. It is therefore noted that even after so many thousands of years and innumerable alterations, the present day Torah and Injeel still contain references to Rasulullaah (SAW), which even the scholars of these books admit. Allaah says, “Those who have been given the Book (the Jews and the Christians) recognise him (Rasulullaah (SAW) together with his lineage, tribe, place of birth, place of residence, appearance, qualities and attributes) just as they recognise their very own sons (because the Torah and the Injeel had described him to them). Without doubt there (still) exists among them a group who knowingly hide the truth”.
[surah Baqarah, verse 146]

Verse 6 of Surah Saff quotes the words of Hadhrat Isa (AS), who said to his people, “O children of Israa’eel! Indeed I am the Rasool of Allaah (who has been sent) to you, confirming the Torah before me and giving (you) the good news of a Rasool to come after me (among the Arabs), whose name will be Ahmad (referring to Rasulullaah (SAW)).”.

Rasulullaah (SAW) said, “I am the manifestation of the du’aa of my father Ibraheem (AS) and I am also the glad tiding that Isa (AS) gave to his people.”
[Dalaa’il 15]

Madrasah in Just 5 Minutes - Mufti A.H.Elias

The effect of the birth of Rasulullaah (SAW) on the world 

The incident of the people of the elephants happened only 50 days prior to the birth of Rasulullaah (SAW). Historians write that exactly at the time of the birth of Rasulullaah (SAW) the palace of the Persian Emperor was struck by a tremor that caused 14 pillars to collapse and the fire in his temple that was kept alight for a thousand years was instantly extinguished. This was like an announcement to the world that the personlality that would be talk of the world was born and that the darkness that Shirk had spread throughout the world was soon to be dispelled. The seed of Towheed and good character was to be planted in the world and would replace the Kufr and evil that was profound at the time. The final Nabi (SAW) was being prepared to guide not only a nation, but all of mankind until the Day of Qiyaamah.

Madrasah in Just 5 Minutes - Mufti A.H.Elias