IslamicTeachings.org

The Sahaabah’s (RA) love for Rasoolullaah (Sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam)

When the treaty of Hudaybiyah was being negotiated, Urwah bin Mas'ood (Radhiallahu Anhu) an envoy of the Quraysh (who at the time of the treaty of hudaybiyah had not yet embraced Islam), had an opportunity of witnessing the conduct of the Sahaabah with Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). When he returned to his people, he said to them:

"I have been to the courts of great kings and monarchs as an envoy. I have met the Emperors of Persia, Rome and Abyssinia. Nowhere have I seen people around a sovereign so respectful to him, as I saw the companions of Hadhrat Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). When he spits, his mubaarak saliva is not allowed to fall on the ground. It is taken by somebody in his hands to anoint his face and body therewith (in order to acquire blessings). When he issues some order, every person hastens to carry it out. When he makes Wudhu, his companions race with one another to snatch the water trickling down from his limbs, in such a way that an observer would think they are going to fight over that water. When he speaks, everybody is silent (out of respect). Nobody raises his eyes to look at him, out of respect for him." (Fazaail Aamaal)

يَا رَبِّ صَلِّ وَ سَلِّمْ دَائِمًا أَبَدًا عَلَى حَبِيبِكَ خَيرِ الخَلْقِ كُلِّهِمِ

• Like 1

An Ansari razes a building to the ground.

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was once passing through a street of Madinah Munawwarah when he saw a building with a dome. He inquired from the Sahaabah, "What is this?" They informed him that it was a new building built by one of the Ansaar. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) remained silent. At another time, the Ansaari who had built that house came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and greeted him with salaam. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) turned his face away from him. He repeated the salaam, but Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) again did not respond. This Sahaabi (Radhiallahu Anhu) was extremely concerned on account of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) not responding to his salaam. When he asked the Sahaabah, he was informed that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) passed by the new building he had constructed and inquired about it. He immediately went and razed the new building to the ground, and did not even inform Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) about his action. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) happened to pass that way again. He inquired: “Where is that building with a dome that I remember seeing the last time we passed by this spot?”

The Sahabah informed him of the Ansaari razing it to the ground, as he felt that it was the cause of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam’s) displeasure. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) at that juncture remarked. “Every structure (which is constructed without a real need) will be a burden for one, except that structure which is absolutely essential.”

The conduct of the Sahaabi exhibited true love and devotion. The Sahaabah could not bear the displeasure of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and no sooner did they sense the displeasure of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) through any action, they immediately abandoned that action at all costs. (Fazaail Aamaal)

يَا رَبِّ صَلِّ وَ سَلِّمْ دَائِمًا أَبَدًا عَلَى حَبِيبِكَ خَيرِ الخَلْقِ كُلِّهِمِ

• Like 1

Hadhrat Waa’il (Radhiallahu Anhu) Has His Hair Cut.

Hadhrat Waa’il bin Hujar (Radhiallahu Anhu) says: "I once visited Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when the hair on my head was extremely long. While I was sitting with him, he uttered the words, 'Zubaab, Zubaab' (Meaning something evil). I thought that he was referring to my hair. I returned home and immediately had my hair cut. The next day when I went to visit him again, he said, 'I was not referring to your hair when I uttered those words yesterday. Anyway, it is good that you had your hair cut." (Fazaail Aamaal)

This action of this Sahaabi reflects the true love he possessed for Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) within his heart. No sooner did he doubt that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was displeased with him on account of his long hair, he immediately had his hair cut. One can well imagine that if this was the level of the love they possessed, that just a mere doubt of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)’s displeasure would make them uneasy, could it have been possible for them to disobey the command of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) or go against his mubaarak sunnah. 

Wearing the Pants above the Ankles

Once Suhail bin Hanzalah (Radhiallahu Anhu) mentioned: “On one occasion Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) made mention of Hadhrat Khuraim Asadi (Radhiallahu Anhu) and said, “He is a good man except for two habits, viz. he keeps the hair of his head too long and he allows his izaar (lower garment) to go below his ankles. When Khuraim learnt of this, he immediately cut his hair up to his ears and began to keep his izaar up to the middle of the calf of his leg.” (Fazaail Aamaal)

• 2 weeks later...

Hadhrat Ibn Hizam (Radhiyallaho anho) Gives up Begging.

Hadhrat Hakeem bin Hizam (Radhiallahu Anhu) once came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and begged him for some assistance. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) gave him something. Next time he came and asked for something again from Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) gave him something on this occasion as well. When he came to beg the third time, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), after giving him something, said: “O Hakeem! Money has a deceptive appearance. It appears to be very sweet (but it is really not so). It is a blessing when earned with contentment of heart, but there is no satisfaction in it when it is acquired with greed (begging etc).” Hakeem said: “O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), I will not beg from anyone again after this.”

An Ansari Woman's Anxiety about Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

In the battle of Uhud, the Muslims suffered heavy losses and quite a large number of them were killed. When the news of their heavy casualties reached Madinah Munawwarah, the women came out of their homes eager to know the details of the war.

On seeing the large crowd of people gathered at a certain place, a woman of the Ansar anxiously inquired: “How is Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)?” When told that her father was killed in the battle, she uttered ‘Inna Lillahi Wainna ilaihi raaji’oon’ and impatiently repeated the same question about Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). This time she was told that her husband was no more, her brother was dead and that her son too was slain. With ever-growing anxiety, she repeated the same question about the welfare of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). She was told that he was safe and sound, but she would not rest contented, and insisted on seeing him herself. When at last she had satisfied her eyes with his sight, she said:

كُلُّ مُصِيبَةٍ بَعْدَكَ جَلَلٌ

"O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), with the blessing of seeing you every affliction is eased and every worry is removed." (Hayatus Sahaabah, Fazaail Aa'maal)

• 2 weeks later...

“How can it ever be possible for me to perform Tawaaf (without Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)).”

On the occasion of Hudaybiyah, Hadhrat Uthmaan (Radhiallahu Anhu) was commissioned by Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to negotiate with the Quraysh in Makkah Mukarramah. When Hadhrat Uthmaan (Radhiallahu Anhu) had left for Makkah Mukarramah, some of the Sahaabah envied Hadhrat Uthmaan for being able to perform Tawaaf of the House of Allah Ta’ala. On the other hand, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked:

“I do not think he will ever desire to perform Tawaaf without me.”

When Hadhrat Uthmaan (Radhiallahu Anhu) entered Makkah Mukarramah, Abaan bin Sa’eed took him in his protection and said to him: “You may move around freely wherever you wish. Nobody here can touch you.” Hadhrat Uthmaan (Radhiallahu Anhu) carried on his negotiations with Abu Sufyaan and the other chiefs of Makkah Mukarramah on behalf of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and, when he was about to return, the Qureysh themselves said to him: “Now when you are here in Makkah Mukarramah, you can perform Tawaaf before you return.” Hadhrat Uthmaan (Radhiallahu Anhu) replied: “How can it ever be possible for me to perform Tawaaf (without Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)).”

This reply was most unpalatable for the Quraysh and they decided to detain Hadhrat Uthmaan (Radhiallahu Anhu) in Makkah Mukarramah. News had reached the Muslims that Hadhrat Uthmaan (Radhiallahu Anhu) had been martyred. On this news reaching Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), he took the oath of allegiance from all the Sahabah to fight till the last drop of their blood. When the Quraysh learnt of this, fear overcame them and they immediately released Hadhrat Uthmaan (Radhiallahu Anhu).

Hadhrat Abu Ubaidah (Radhiallahu Anhu) loses His Teeth.

During the battle of Uhud, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was severely attacked by the enemy and two links of his helmet penetrated his mubaarak face. Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) and Hadhrat Abu Ubaidah (Radhiallahu Anhu) immediately ran to assist Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).

Hadhrat Abu Ubaidah (Radhiallahu Anhu) began pulling out the links with his teeth. By the time one of the links was removed, he had lost one of his teeth. Without minding this, he again used his teeth to pull out the other link as well. He succeeded in removing the other link, however in the process he lost another tooth. When the links were drawn out, the blood began to ooze out from the body of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Hadhrat Malik bin Sinaan (Radhiallahu Anhu), the father of Hadhrat Abu Sa'eed Khudri (Radhiallahu Anhu), licked the blood with his lips. At this, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked: “The fire of Hell cannot touch the person who has my blood mixed with his.” (Fazaail Aa’maal)

• 3 weeks later...

Hadhrat Sa'd's (Radhiyallahu Anhu) Message For The Muslims.

During the battle of Uhud, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) inquired: “Where is Sa'd bin Rabee? I do not know of his condition.” Thereafter one of the Sahaabah was sent to search for him. He went to the spot where the bodies of the martyrs were laying.

He shouted Hadhrat Sa'd's (Radhiyallahu Anhu) name to see if he was alive. At one place, while he was announcing that he was deputed by Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to enquire about Sa'd bin Rabee' (Radhiyallahu Anhu), he heard a feeble voice coming from one direction. He turned to that direction and found that Sa'd (Radhiyallahu Anhu) was lying among the martyrs and was about to breathe his last.

Hadhrat Sa'd (Radhiyallahu Anhu) was heard saying: “Convey my Salaam to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) with my message, O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), may Allah Ta’ala grant you on my behalf a reward more exalted and more handsome than any reward that Allah Ta’ala has ever granted a Messenger on behalf of any of his followers. Thereafter he said to the one who was sent to search for him: “Inform my Muslim brothers that nothing will absolve them from blame on the Day of Qiyaamah, if the enemy succeeds in reaching Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and killing him before all of them die’.” With these words, Sa'd (Radhiyallahu Anhu)  breathed his last and departed from the world.

The Sahabah have given a true proof of their devotion to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). While they suffered wound after wound and were on their last breath, they had no complaint nor wish on their lips and could not think of anything else except about the safety and welfare of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).  May we be blessed with an atom of the true love that the Sahabah bore for Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).

The love of Sahaabah for Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

Somebody once asked Hadhrat Ali (Radhiyallahu Anhu): “How much love did the Sahaabah really possess for Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)?”

Hadhrat Ali (Radhiyallahu Anhu) replied: “I take a qasm on Allah Ta’ala, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was more beloved and dearer to us than our riches, our children and our mothers, and his company was more cherished than a drink of cold water at the time of severest thirst.” (Fazaail Aamaal)

You Will be with Whom you Love

A Sahaabi once came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and asked: “O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when is the Day of Qiyaamah?” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: “What preparations have you made for that Day?” The Sahaabi said: “O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), I do not claim to have much Salaah, fasts and Sadaqah to my credit, but I do have the love of Allah Ta’ala and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in my heart.” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) then said: “Surely on the Day of Qiyaamah, you will be with whom you love.”

Anas (Radhiyallaho anho) says: “Nothing made the Sahaabah happier than these words of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).” (Fazaail Aamaal)

The Sacrifice of the Sahaabah for Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

Hadhrat Fatimah’s (Radhiyallahu Anha) house was a distance away from the house of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) once said to her: “It is my desire that you live near me.” Hadhrat Fatimah (Radhiyallahu Anha) replied: “Harithah's house is close to your house. If you ask him to exchange his house with mine, he will happily accept.” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: “He has already exchanged once on my request. I feel shy to request him a second time.”

However Harithah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) somehow came to know that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is desirous that Hadhrat Fatimah (Radhiyallahu Anha) live close to him. He at once came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and said: O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), I have come to know that you wish for Fatimah (Radhiyallahu Anha) to live near you. Here are my houses at your disposal. No other house is closer to yours than these houses of mine. Fatimah (Radhiyallahu Anha) can have her house exchanged with any of my houses. O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), what you accept from me is dearer to me than what you leave for me.” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) accepted the offer saying: “I know that you are sincere in what you say”, and Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) made duaa for him. (Fazaail Aamaal)

Deep Love

Once a person came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and said: O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), my love for you is such that when I think of you, I am overwhelmed with your love, to the extent that I do not find any satisfaction until I see you. O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), the thought crosses my heart that if Allah Ta’ala has to bless me with Paradise, it will be very difficult for me to see you, for you will be in a lofty position high above where I will not be able to reach.”

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) consoled him by reciting the foregoing verses in his reply.

وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّـهَ وَالرَّسولَ فَأُولـٰئِكَ مَعَ الَّذينَ أَنعَمَ اللَّـهُ عَلَيهِم مِنَ النَّبِيّينَ وَالصِّدّيقينَ وَالشُّهَداءِ وَالصّالِحينَ وَحَسُنَ أُولـٰئِكَ رَفيقًا ﴿٦٩﴾

All those who obey Allah Ta’ala and the messenger are in the company of those on whom is the Grace of Allah Ta’ala; the Ambiyaa, the Siddeeqeen, the martyrs, and the Righteous

Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallahu Anhu) and his love for Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallahu Anhu) once addressed Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) saying: Though I am happy that my father embraced Islam, however the happiness I would have experienced with the Islam of your uncle Abu Taalib would be far greater. The reason is that if your uncle Abu Taalib embraced Islam, it would have brought great happiness to you. (Hikaayaate Sahaabah pg. 174)

• 2 weeks later...

Hadhrat Bilaal (Radhiallahu Anhu) on his Deathbed

When Hadhrat Bilaal (Radhiallahu Anhu) was about to pass away, his wife began to say: “Ah, how sad! You are departing from this world.” Hadhrat Bilaal (Radhiallahu Anhu) replied: “How pleasant and joyful it is that tomorrow we will meet our friends, we will meet Hadhrat Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and his companions.” (Fazaail Sadaqaat)

The Life and Wealth of Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu)

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم ما نفعني مال قط ما نفعني مال أبو بكر قال فبكى أبو بكر وقال يا رسول الله هل أنا ومالي إلا لك يا رسول الله (ابن ماجة ص10)

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: No person’s wealth benefitted me as much as the wealth of Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu). Upon hearing this, Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) wept profusely and said, “O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), certainly my entire life and wealth belongs to you.” 

• 1 month later...

Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) in the cave of Thaur

While in the cave on the journey of Hijrah, it is reported that Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) was concerned that no creature come out from any hole in the cave and harm Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Thus, he began closing all the holes found inside the cave with pieces of his lower garment. However, there were still two holes which he was unable to close (due to insufficient clothing), so Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) placed his both feet in those holes. Thereafter, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) placed his mubaarak head on the lap of Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anu) and fell asleep. While Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was asleep, Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) perceived a bite under his foot by a snake in the hole. Not wishing to inconvenience and disturb the sleep of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in the least, Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) bore the pain and did not move an inch. However, being in excruciating pain and not being able to withstand the effects, uncontrollably tears began to roll down the face of Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) and fell on the mubaarak countenance of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) suddenly awoke and asked: “What has happened, O Abu Bakr?” Hadhrat Abu Bakr Siddeeq (Radhiallahu Anhu) replied: “I have been bitten, may my parents be sacrificed for you, O Rasulullah (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) placed his mubaarak saliva on the affected area, and the pain immediately subsided. (Mishaatul Masaabeeh)

The Response of Hadhrat Zaid bin Dathina (radhiyallahu ‘anhu)

When the disbelievers were about to execute the great Sahaabi, Zaid bin Dathina (radhiyallahu ‘anhu), they asked him: “Would you be happier if Muhammad (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) was in your place and you were left free to be with your family?” His spontaneous response was: “By Allah, I cannot even bear that I be sitting comfortably with my family while even a thorn is pricking Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam).”On this, Abu Sufyaan remarked: “There is no parallel anywhere in the world to the love which the companions of Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) have for him.” (Fazaail Aamaal)

Hadhrat Umme Sulaym (Radhiallahu Anha) and the Mubaarak Perspiration

Hadhrat Umme Sulaym (Radhiallahu Anha) (who was a mahram of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) narrates that once Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) visited her, and took his afternoon rest (qayloola) at her home. Whilst sleeping, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) began perspiring. She narrates that she took a small bottle and began collecting his blessed perspiration. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) awoke and asked her what she was doing. She informed Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) that she was collecting his blessed perspiration, as there was no fragrance sweeter than it. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) permitted her and did not disapprove of this action. (Muslim) 

Hadhrat Bilaal (Radhiallahu Anhu) returns to Madinah Tayyibah

After Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) passed away, it became extremely difficult for Hadhrat Bilaal (Radhiallahu Anhu) to remain in Madinah Tayyibah.  This was on account of the deep love he possessed for Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Remaining in Madinah Munawwara caused him to remember Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) at every step and every corner. He therefore left Madinah Tayyibah, and decided to pass the rest of his life striving in the path of Allah Ta’ala. Once he saw Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in his dream saying to him: “O Bilaal, why is it that you do not visit me?”

He immediately set out for Madinah Tayyibah. On reaching there, Hadhrat Hasan and Hadhrat Husain (Radhiyallaho Anhuma), the grandchildren of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) requested him to call out the Azaan. He could not refuse them, for they were very dear and beloved to him. As soon as the Azaan was called, the people of Madinah Tayyibah cried openly in remembrance of the time of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).  Hadhrat Bilal (Radhiyallahu Anhu) left Madinah Tayyibah again after a few days and passed away in Damascus in the year 20 A.H. (Fazaail Aamaal)

• 3 weeks later...

Hadhrat Talha (Radhiyallahu Anhu) in the Battle of Uhud

Hadhrat Zubayr bin Awwaam (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) wore two suits of armour on his mubaarak body in the battle of Uhud. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) intended climbing a rock during the battle, but was unable to do so. He therefore requested Hadhrat Talha (Radhiallahu Anhu) to sit, and with his assistance he climbed the rock. Hadhrat Zubayr (Radhiallahu Anhu) says that I heard Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) say: “It has become waajib for Talha. (i.e. Jannah or the intercession of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).”

In the battle of Uhud, Hadhrat Talha (Radhiallahu Anhu) very bravely accompanied and protected Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Whenever the Sahaabah discussed the battle of Uhud, they would say that this day belonged to Hadhrat Talha (Radhiallahu Anhu). Hadhrat Talha (Radhiallahu Anhu) shielded Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) with his body. He received more than eighty wounds on his body, yet he did not leave the side of Sayyidina Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), even though his hand had become paralyzed. (Shamaail Tirmizi with Khasaail Nabawi)

أَحسن منكَ لَم تَرَ قَطُّ عَينِي                وَأجْمَل مِنْكَ لَمْ تَلِدِ النّسَاءُ

خُلِقْتَ مُبَرَّأً مِنْ كُلّ عَيبٍ                     كَأَنّكَ قَدْ خُلِقْتَ كَمَا تَشَاءُ 

Better than you no eye has ever seen,  More beautiful than you no woman has given birth to

You have been created free from any defect,  As if you were created like how you desired.