Jump to content


Recommended Posts



Q: Is khula possible without the husband's presence? What is the exact procedure for khula?


A: Khula` can only be performed by the husband himself. The procedure is that if the husband and wife cannot reconcile their differences and the wife wishes to come out of the marriage she may ask the husband to separate her in exchange of the mahr that was paid to her. Thereafter, if the husband agrees to this exchange he may proceed with the khula`. For further details refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/1616


And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

وإذا تشاق الزوجان وخافا أن لا يقيما حدود الله فلا بأس بأن تفتدي نفسها منه بمال يخلعها به لقوله تعالى { فلا جناح عليهما فيما افتدت به } فإذا فعلا ذلك وقع بالخلع تطليقة بائنة ولزمها المال لقوله عليه الصلاة والسلام الخلع تطليقة بائنة. (الهداية 2/404)

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...