IslamicTeachings.org

Performing Salaah with make-up

MUSLIM WOMAN

:sl:

Q: I would like to know if it is permissible to read Salaah with make-up on?

bismillah.jpg

A: If the make-up is not impure and it does not resemble the ways of the kuffaar then it is permissible.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

عن ابن عمر قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم من تشبه بقوم فهو منهم.  (سنن أبي داود رقم 4033)

من تشبه بقوم أي من شبه نفسه بالكفار مثلا في اللباس وغيره أو بالفساق أو الفجار أو بأهل التصوف والصلحاء الأبرار فهو منهم أي في الإثم والخير. (مرقاة شرح مشكاة 4/431).

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Dawah Team

:sl: 

:jazak:

I used to consider performing Salah with make-up on is not allowed. Anyway, whats mean by pure or impure make-up? How would we know if it's pure or not? If make-up contain impure elements why we'd be allowed to wear it in the first place?

:wasalam:

By "impure" it means if the ingredients are from haram sources like alcohol etc. Therefore if any make up item does not have  alcohol or other haram ingredients then it is "pure"

As for why would be allowed to wear it in the first place if it has haram ingredients i think that is a different question. InhsaAllah we will try to search for answers.

By "impure" it means if the ingredients are from haram sources like alcohol etc. Therefore if any make up item does not have  alcohol or other haram ingredients then it is "pure"

As for why would be allowed to wear it in the first place if it has haram ingredients i think that is a different question. InhsaAllah we will try to search for answers.

Answer to above question HERE

• Dawah Team

Answer to above question HERE

:jazak: