IslamicTeachings.org

A Remarkable event during our Home visits

The Jamiat goes to great lengths to ensure that the Zakaat of donors to the Jamiat is discharged correctly.  For this reason the Jamiat has a dedicated Welfare Department which undertakes house inspections prior to approving individuals as Welfare recipients with follow up inspections undertaken periodically thereafter. On Tuesday, 11 March 2014, Moulana Muhammad Mehtar had the following experience which he has narrated below:                                              

“Today, whilst Moulana Zainul Aabideen Salejee and I were conducting welfare related home visits in the Phoenix area, a rather remarkable incident occurred. Whilst we were driving out of the second last home of the day a Christian lady flagged us down in desperation. We stopped and asked her the cause of her dilemma. She reluctantly asked if we could assist her with a problem.

She said that she has a Muslim friend who is in desperate need of assistance and if we could be of any help to her. Our standard procedure is to refer them to the Jamiat Welfare Department. However, in this instance, I did not do so rather I asked for the address of the Muslim lady in question and proceeded to her home. The Christian lady also accompanied us.

Upon our arrival we introduced ourselves and we found the Muslim lady and a non-Muslim man sitting in the lounge. The man introduced himself as a pastor of the local church who had also heard the Muslim lady's plight and was ready to assist her.

I explained to the Muslim lady the purpose of our visit and that we represent the Jamiatul Ulama KZN and heard of her plight from her Christian friend and we were here to assist her. The pastor hearing this thus excused himself and left.

Ml Zainul Aabideen Salejee proceeded to give her Naseehah. We assured her of assistance from us due to her telling us she was shunned away from other Islamic organisations. I arranged for her a meeting with the Jamiat KZN Welfare Department for the coming week. Her Christian friend was overwhelmed and was ever so grateful by our kind gesture and assured us she will take her to the Jamiat Welfare Office. You could see the sigh of relief on our Muslim sister's face as though at last someone has come to her aid.   

I dread to think had we not reacted immediately this poor desperate sister might have leaned towards Christianity. It is only through the infinite blessings and mercy of Allah Ta'ala that He used us to be of assistance to our Muslim sister in need.”

Our beloved Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam has warned us that poverty can lead a person to disbelief. Your assistance to the Jamiat KZN makes it possible for us to help our Muslim brother and sisters in need. Jazakallah Khayr.

Jamiatul Ulama (KZN)
Council of Muslim Theologians
223 Alpine Road, Overport, Durban