IslamicTeachings.org

The concern to reform oneself

ummtaalib

Q: I want to ask I always feel that I am a sinner and I did too many sins. What to do to avoid sins and also what should I do now for making tauba. Please guide me. I really feel bad. My life is miserable.

bismillah.jpg

A: Regularly meditate in this manner at a time when nothing obstructs you, perhaps after Esha salaah. Make wudhu correctly, perform two rakaats of namaaz and then focus deeply over death and the events that will follow after death, the loneliness of the grave, standing before Allah Ta`ala for reckoning, Jannah and Jahannum and thereafter think to yourself, can you tolerate Jahannum for a single moment. When you cannot, then how can you be brazen about matters that will take you to Jahannum.

Reprimand yourself saying that you are enjoying the comforts of Allah Ta`ala and His favours during the day and night, and is this the way to show appreciation to the one who is so loving and caring. Then you do not have any understanding of loyalty and faithfulness to the one who is most loyal and beneficent.

Thereafter resolve with deep remorse and regret after crying as much as you can, never to repeat these wrongs.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

قُل يـٰعِبادِىَ الَّذينَ أَسرَفوا عَلىٰ أَنفُسِهِم لا تَقنَطوا مِن رَحمَةِ اللَّـهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ يَغفِرُ الذُّنوبَ جَميعًا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الغَفورُ الرَّحيمُ ﴿٥٣﴾ وَأَنيبوا إِلىٰ رَبِّكُم وَأَسلِموا لَهُ مِن قَبلِ أَن يَأتِيَكُمُ العَذابُ ثُمَّ لا تُنصَرونَ﴿٥٤﴾ وَاتَّبِعوا أَحسَنَ ما أُنزِلَ إِلَيكُم مِن رَبِّكُم مِن قَبلِ أَن يَأتِيَكُمُ العَذابُ بَغتَةً وَأَنتُم لا تَشعُرونَ ﴿٥٥﴾ أَن تَقولَ نَفسٌ يـٰحَسرَتىٰ عَلىٰ ما فَرَّطتُ فى جَنبِ اللَّـهِ وَإِن كُنتُ لَمِنَ السّـٰخِرينَ ﴿٥٦﴾ أَو تَقولَ لَو أَنَّ اللَّـهَ هَدىٰنى لَكُنتُ مِنَ المُتَّقينَ ﴿٥٧﴾ أَو تَقولَ حينَ تَرَى العَذابَ لَو أَنَّ لى كَرَّةً فَأَكونَ مِنَ المُحسِنينَ ﴿الزمر: ٥٨﴾

يـٰأَيُّهَا الَّذينَ ءامَنوا توبوا إِلَى اللَّـهِ تَوبَةً نَصوحًا عَسىٰ رَبُّكُم أَن يُكَفِّرَ عَنكُم سَيِّـٔاتِكُم وَيُدخِلَكُم جَنّـٰتٍ تَجرى مِن تَحتِهَا الأَنهـٰرُ يَومَ لا يُخزِى اللَّـهُ النَّبِىَّ وَالَّذينَ ءامَنوا مَعَهُ ۖ نورُهُم يَسعىٰ بَينَ أَيديهِم وَبِأَيمـٰنِهِم يَقولونَ رَبَّنا أَتمِم لَنا نورَنا وَاغفِر لَنا ۖ إِنَّكَ عَلىٰ كُلِّ شَىءٍ قَديرٌ ﴿التحريم: ٨﴾

ولهذا قال العلماء: التوبة النصوح هو أن يُقلعَ عن الذنب في الحاضر، ويندمَ على ما سلف منه في الماضي، ويعزِم على ألا يفعل في المستقبل. ثم إن كان الحق لآدمي ردّه إليه بطريقه.

قال الإمام أحمد: حدثنا سفيان، عن عبد الكريم، أخبرني زياد بن أبي مريم، عن عبد الله بن مَعقِل قال: دخلت مع أبي عَلى عبد الله بن مسعود فقال: أنت سمعت النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول: "الندم توبة؟". قال: نعم. وقال مَرَة: نعم سمعته يقول: "الندم توبة". (ابن كثير)

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

• Like 1