IslamicTeachings.org

Allah Ta’ala will not punish His servants, except those......

ummtaalib

عن عبد الله بن عمر قال : كنا مع النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم في بعض غزواته فمر بقوم فقال : " من القوم ؟ " قالوا : نحن المسلمون وامرأة تحضب بقدرها ومعها ابن لها فإذا ارتفع وهج تنحت به فأتت النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال : أنت رسول الله ؟ قال : " نعم " قالت : بأبي أنت وأمي أليس الله أرحم الراحمين ؟ قال : " بلى " قالت : أليس الله أرحم بعباده من الأم على ولدها ؟ قال : " بلى " قالت : إن الأم لا تلقي ولدها في النار فأكب رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يبكي ثم رفع رأسه إليها فقال : " إن الله لا يعذب من عباده إلا المارد المتمرد الذي يتمرد على الله وأبى أن يقول : لا إله إلا الله " . رواه ابن ماجه (مشكوة المصابيح رقم 2378)

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Umar (Radhiallahu Anhuma) reports that on one occasion we were accompanying Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in one of the battles when he passed by a group of people. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) enquired regarding who they were, to which they replied that they were Muslims. Amongst them was a woman who was busy lighting a fire under a pot, who had a child with her. When the fire in the pot rose and became intense, the mother took her child and she receded from the fire. She then came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and asked: “Are you the messenger of Allah Ta’ala?” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: “Yes, I am.” The woman then asked: “May my parents be sacrificed for you, tell me is Allah Ta’ala not the most merciful of those who show mercy?” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: “Definitely Allah Ta’ala is the most Merciful.” She then asked further: “Is Allah Ta’ala not more merciful upon His slaves than a mother is upon her child?” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: “Certainly Allah Ta’ala is more merciful.” She then remarked: “Definitely a mother will not throw her child into the fire.” (How will Allah Ta’ala put certain servants into Jahannum). Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) lowered his head and began crying. He thereafter raised his head and said to her: “Allah Ta’ala will not punish His servants, except those persist in rebellion against Him and refuse to profess Tauheed (i.e. they deny the oneness of Allah Ta’ala).

Ihyaaud Deen

• Like 2