IslamicTeachings.org

I Am 12 Years Old. Should I Wear Niqaab?

ummtaalib

Question:

I wanted to know if I should start Niqab, I am 12 years old and just hit puberty . My mom wants me to wear niqab. and my dad is totally against it . So should i do it. I am short for my age. I wanted to know is it allowed in Islam to wear high heels?

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

As-salāmu ʿalaykum wa-raḥmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

You have mentioned that you have just become bāligh. In Islām, once a boy or girl becomes bāligh, all the obligations of Shariʿah become binding on him/her and he/she will be taken to task for the sins he/she commits.

Amongst the injunctions of the Shariʿah is that a person protects his/her chastity. By veiling your face from the view of strange boys, you will be protecting your chastity and thus, earning the pleasure of Allah Taʿālā.

Therefore, you should follow the guidance of your mother and start donning the Niqāb (face veil).

You have mentioned that you feel very short. A Muslim should always be thankful to Allah Taʿālā for the way Allah Taʿālā has created him/her. There is surely nothing wrong with being short. Virtue and excellence is only based on a person’s piety.

It is not permissible to wear such high-heeled shoes that make a noise when walking by which they attract attention. As for high-heeled shoes that do not make such a noise when walking, it will be permissible to wear such shoes.

And Allah Taʿālā Knows Best

Checked and Approved by
Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Idealwoman.org