IslamicTeachings.org

Formulating Intentions When Serving Deen - Hazrat Maulana Abdul Hamid Is`haq Saheb (Daamat Barakaatuhum)

• Dawah Team

By Hazrat Maulana Abdul Hamid Is`haq (Daamat Barakaatuhum)

F_Intentions_1.jpg

On one occasion, when Hazrat Maulana Yusuf Kandhlawi (Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh) gave the Jumu`ah Khutbah, his respected father, Hazrat Maulana Muhammad Ilyaas (Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh) asked him what intention he had made for the Khutbah he had delivered.

Hazrat Maulana Yusuf (Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh) replied that his Niyyah (intention) was to deliver the Sunnah Khutbah.

Hazrat Maulana Muhammad Ilyaas (Rahmatullahi ‘Alayh) advised him thus:  “Had you made the Niyyah that Allah Ta’ala conveys this message to all the people of the world, you would have then reaped so much more in thawaab (rewards), you would have secured tremendous rewards on such a niyyah.”

Contemplating on this priceless gem, and thereafter on the intentions we make, it came to mind that on undertaking any khidmah of Deen – whether, Khutbah, bayaan, writing, travel for the purpose of Deen, etc. – we should keep the following points and concerns before us when formulating our intention, including the above.

The following Dua is actually an extension and an explanation to the main intention to do solely and only for the Pleasure of Allah Ta’ala, and this Dua also reflects the weighty responsibility we have when engaging in the services of Deen, creating that concern to carry out our work in the best possible manner, as would be pleasing to Allah Ta’ala (Insha-Allah):

When formulating our intentions, we should keep the following before us. Insha-Allah, it will assist us in understanding what a sincere intention should be:

“O Allah, make this a means of Aml and Hidayah for myself and for all; grant me the Taufeeq to convey it correctly, and explain it correctly; let it be understood correctly and let it be practised upon correctly.

O Allah, grant me 100% sincerity, as well as all the qualities of acceptance. Allow the message of Your Deen to spread to all mankind and jinn till the day of Qiyaamah. Wherever it reaches, in which ever way it reaches, by whatever means, let there be only good in it and let only good come out of it, let there be no evil or harm in it and let no harm come out of it.

O Allah, Bless me to convey that which is necessary and beneficial, according to each individual; let there be no test or trial in it, no mistakes or errors in it, and O Allah, save me from any kind of disrespect also.

O Allah, let each and every Ayah and Hadeeth be only for Your Pleasure. Seal this talk with Your Special Pleasure and Acceptance - whether of the sayings, actions and conditions of the pious, or the analogies and the examples, or the events, poems or anecdotes.

O Allah, let every single moment spent in the Khidmat of Your Deen be only for Your pleasure. You, out of Your Kindness, declare it to be only for Your pleasure, as far as the words, meanings, insinuations and body language are concerned.

O Allah, Crown our humble efforts and endeavours with acceptance even though not worthy of acceptance.”

• Like 2