IslamicTeachings.org

Patience - Come On Now!

LOVE ISLAM

We all get rough parts in life. Some one put it this way: ''Life is a roller coaster''. With many up's and down's. But the thing is: How do we handle those ''down's''?

This ''how'' is important. And here is a brief attempt to address this ''how''.

Here is a 'ten-point' summary to help all those who need it. And, in the end, we all need it.

1. Pre ordainment.

When this becomes ingrained in your heart, you will not feel sorrow over losses etc. The pen have dried, the pages have been lifted. Whatever you faced or are facing, had already been written, even before you were born.

What has befallen you was not meant to escape you and what has missed you was never going to befall you.

So, don't occupy yourself with things like, ''I wish I had not said that to her...'' or ''Why did he do that...''. The 'if only' will just make you feel regret and sorrow. Therefore, say, ''This is the decree of Allah, what He wishes, He does''. See then how peace descends upon you.

You could not have stopped the wind from blowing, the water from falling or the glass from breaking. So why moan?

2. Know that: whenever Allah wishes good for someone, He afflicts them with hardship. This message was given to us by the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him).

3. Do not feel overy troubled if some sickness comes, or you face some loss of a loved life etc. Instead know that your recompense is with Allah. Allah is preparing a reward for you and the patient ones will be praised in the heavens in the Hereafter. Don't believe me? See for yourself in the Qur'an 13:24.

4. Know this always: no situation is forever. If you are sad today, then tomorrow you will be happy. Eating follows hunger, tears are followed by a smile, drinking follows thirst and day follows night.

Inform the distressed one that help is near. Know that when you see dessert stretching out for miles...beyond that is a place of shelter and plentiful water.

5. Always try to look at the bright side of a tragedy. Surprised, huh? Yes, every situation has some 'good' in it. Always. A circumstance of pure evil does not exist. Do not be a slave of moment, instead look beyond.

Know that there is a whole city out there. The wall and the door is not everything.

6. When you face some tough situation, raise your hands in supplication and place your head on the floor. Ask the One Who has power to remove your heartache.

Cling to His door and then: WAIT FOR HIS HELP.

And when you ditch patience, know what happens? Know who suffers? You! Just you. So, feel happy and don't kill your heart!

Always love someone in a moderate way. Maybe a day will come when you will come to dislike him. And hate soemone in a moderate way, perhaps a day will come when you will get to love him.

7. Faith is life itself! Can't trust me? What did Ibraheem (alahis salam) did? He did not feel the heat of the fire because HE DID NOT FEAR THE FIRE. Why? Because he had faith in Allah and he hoped for His help.

The sea would not frighten Moosa (alahis salam) because he said with confidence: He will guide me. He is with me.

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said to Abu Bakr in the cave: do not fear, for Allah is with us. Learn from it.

8. Don't be pessimist. Once two people were put in jail. One of them managed to get his head out of the bars and looked at the starry sky above and laughed, while all the other one could do was: weep.

9. Patience will bring you rewards. Even if you are having a hard time here, don't worry, you are not losing anything. Because the stuff of this world has its roots in an eternal world. So rejoice and honestly, Islam does not encourage being sad.

10. Lastly, O those who are afflicted, if you are showing patience, you are winning. Those who hold this world as everything, those who are in love with it, can't bear to face losses. They just can't. So, don't be blinded by this world. It is insignificant anyway.

And if this makes you feel any better: know it that you are not the only one who faces heartaches. This world is full of such people. And, trust me on this, many have problems a lot worse than yours.

Those who claim to love Allah, those who claim to love patience, I have only two words for you: prove it!

• Like 1