IslamicTeachings.org

When Waking Up

1- When Waking Up: the following are recommended Azkaar to be said in the morning to start a new day.

اللّهُـمَّ ما أَصْبَـَحَ بي مِـنْ نِعْـمَةٍ أَو بِأَحَـدٍ مِـنْ خَلْـقِك ، فَمِـنْكَ وَحْـدَكَ لا شريكَ لَـك ، فَلَـكَ الْحَمْـدُ وَلَـكَ الشُّكْـر . أبو داود 4/318 -1

Allahumma ma asbaha bee min ni’matin, aw bi-ahadin min khalqik, faminka wahdaka la shareeka lak, falakal-hamdu walakash-shukr.

1-‘O Allah, what blessing I or any of Your creation have risen upon, is from You alone, without partner, so for You is all praise and unto You all thanks.’

(اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في بَدَنـي ، اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في سَمْـعي ، اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في بَصَـري ، لا إلهَ إلاّ أَنْـتَ. (ثلاثاً -2

اللّهُـمَّ إِنّـي أَعـوذُبِكَ مِنَ الْكُـفر ، وَالفَـقْر ، وَأَعـوذُبِكَ مِنْ عَذابِ القَـبْر ، لا إلهَ إلاّ أَنْـتَ . (ثلاثاً) أبو داود 4/324

Allahumma AAafinee fee badanee, allahumma AAafinee fee sam’ee, allahumma Aafinee fee basaree, la ilaha illa ant.(three times).

Allahumma innee a’oothu bika minal-kufr, walfaqr, wa-a’oothu bika min Aathabil-qabr, la ilaha illa ant (three times).

2-‘O Allah, grant my body health, O Allah, grant my hearing health, O Allah, grant my sight health. None has the right to be worshipped except You.’ (three times)

‘O Allah, I take refuge with You from disbelief and poverty, and I take refuge with You from the punishment of the grave. None has the right to be worshipped except You.’ (three times)

حَسْبِـيَ اللّهُ لا إلهَ إلاّ هُوَ عَلَـيهِ تَوَكَّـلتُ وَهُوَ رَبُّ العَرْشِ العَظـيم . ( سبع مَرّات حينَ يصْبِح وَيمسي) أبو داود موقوفاً 4/321 -3

If you are looking for a more extensive Arabic course, we recommend Breaking The Arabic Code

Hasbiyal-lahu la ilaha illa huwa, Aalayhi tawakkalt, wahuwa rabbul-Aarshil-Aatheem

3-‘Allah is Sufficient for me, none has the right to be worshipped except Him, upon Him I rely and He is Lord of the exalted throne.’ (seven times morning and evening)

4- اللهم صلي على محمد

4- Allahumma sallee ala Mohammad (10 times).

2- Fajr Prayer (it’s a recommended prayer which is performed just before the Subh prayer)

3- Subh Prayer (one of the five mandatory prayers, its time starts at twilight)

4- ½ Juzu’ of Qur’an (It’s recommended to read one juzu’ of Qur’an every day, half during the morning and half during the evening, so that within a month you can finish the whole Qur’an)

5- Duhr prayer (2nd mandatory prayer, it’s performed from noon to the point where the shadow of objects under the sun becomes the same size of the original object), it’s also recommended to perform 4 prayer just before and 4 prayer just after the Duhr prayer but not mandatory.

6- Asr Prayer (3rd mandatory prayer and can be performed anytime within the following times: starts when the shadow of objects under the sun becomes taller than the actual objects themselves and it ends just before sunset).

7- Maghrib prayer (4th mandatory prayer and can be performed after sunset and ends when there is no more redness in the sky from the effect of the sunset, when the sky is totally dark, you can also check online for the time of prayers),

8- 2 rakaat after Maghrib are recommended.

9- Evening Azkaar

أَعـوذُبِكَلِمـاتِ اللّهِ التّـامّـاتِ مِنْ شَـرِّ ما خَلَـق . (ثلاثاً إِذا أمسى) أحمد 2/290، وصحيح الترمذي 3/187 -1

aAAoothu bikalimatil-lahit-tammati min sharri ma khalaq.

1- ‘I take refuge in Allah’s perfect words from the evil He has created.’ (three times in the evening)

اللّهُـمَّ بِكَ أَمْسَـينا، وَبِكَ أَصْـبَحْنا، وَبِكَ نَحْـيا، وَبِكَ نَمـوتُ وَإِلَـيْكَ المَصـير. الترمذي 5/466 -2

Allahumma bika amsayna, wabika asbahna, wabika nahya wabika namootu wa-ilaykal-maseer.

2- ‘O Allah, by Your leave we have reached the evening and by Your leave we have reached the morning, by Your leave we live and die and unto You is our return.’

اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في بَدَنـي ، اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في سَمْـعي ، اللّهُـمَّ عافِـني في بَصَـري ، لا إلهَ إلاّ أَنْـتَ -3

اللّهُـمَّ إِنّـي أَعـوذُبِكَ مِنَ الْكُـفر ، وَالفَـقْر ، وَأَعـوذُبِكَ مِنْ عَذابِ القَـبْر ، لا إلهَ إلاّ أَنْـتَ . (ثلاثاً) أبو داود 4/324

Allahumma AAafinee fee badanee, allahumma AAafinee fee samAAee, allahumma AAafinee fee basaree, la ilaha illa ant.

Allahumma innee aAAoothu bika minal-kufr, walfaqr, wa-aAAoothu bika min AAathabil-qabr, la ilaha illa ant (three times).

3- ‘O Allah, grant my body health, O Allah, grant my hearing health, O Allah, grant my sight health. None has the right to be worshipped except You.’

‘O Allah, I take refuge with You from disbelief and poverty, and I take refuge with You from the punishment of the grave. None has the right to be worshipped except You.’ (three times)

حَسْبِـيَ اللّهُ لا إلهَ إلاّ هُوَ عَلَـيهِ تَوَكَّـلتُ وَهُوَ رَبُّ العَرْشِ العَظـيم . ( سبع مَرّات حينَ يصْبِح وَيمسي) أبو داود موقوفاً 4/321 -4

Hasbiyal-lahu la ilaha illa huwa, AAalayhi tawakkalt, wahuwa rabbul-AAarshil-AAatheem

4- ‘Allah is Sufficient for me, none has the right to be worshipped except Him, upon Him I rely and He is Lord of the exalted throne.’ (seven times morning and evening)

أَعـوذُبِكَلِمـاتِ اللّهِ التّـامّـاتِ مِنْ شَـرِّ ما خَلَـق . (ثلاثاً إِذا أمسى) أحمد 2/290، وصحيح الترمذي 3/187-5

aAAoothu bikalimatil-lahit-tammati min sharri ma khalaq.

5- ‘I take refuge in Allah’s perfect words from the evil He has created.’ (three times in the evening)

لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِين الأنبياء/87 -6

La elaha illa anta subhanaka enni kunti mena adhalimeen.

6- "None has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah), Glorified (and Exalted) are You. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."

10- Ishaa’ prayer (5th mandatory prayer, and is performed after dark, when there is no sun light outside, not even a redness in the sky, when it’s completely dark in the horizon).

11- Shaf’ and Wetr (these are highly recommended after Ishaa’ prayer, Shaf’ is a 2 rakaat, and wetr is a single rak’aa and should be the last prayer performed that night).

12- ½ Juzu’ of Qur’an (also called hezb, Qur’an contains 30 Juzu’ or 60 Hezb) hezb = ½ Juzu’.

13- What to say after the each end of mandatory prayer:

أَسْـتَغْفِرُ الله (ثَلاثاً) -1

اللّهُـمَّ أَنْـتَ السَّلامُ ، وَمِـنْكَ السَّلام ، تَبارَكْتَ يا ذا الجَـلالِ وَالإِكْـرام . مسلم 1/414

Astaghfirul-lah (three times)

Allahumma antas-salam waminkas-salam, tabarakta ya thal-jalali wal-ikram.

1- ‘I ask Allah for forgiveness.’ (three times)

‘O Allah, You are As-Salam and from You is all peace, blessed are You, O Possessor of majesty and honour.’ AS-Salam: The One Who is free from all defects and deficiencies.

لا إلهَ إلاّ اللّهُ وحدَهُ لا شريكَ لهُ، لهُ المُـلْكُ ولهُ الحَمْد، وهوَ على كلّ شَيءٍ قَدير، اللّهُـمَّ لا مانِعَ لِما أَعْطَـيْت، -2

وَلا مُعْطِـيَ لِما مَنَـعْت، وَلا يَنْفَـعُ ذا الجَـدِّ مِنْـكَ الجَـد. البخاري 1/255 ومسلم 414

La ilaha illal-lahu wahdahu la shareeka lah, lahul-mulku walahul-hamd, wahuwa AAala kulli shayin qadeer, allahumma la maniAAa lima aAAtayt, wala muAAtiya lima manaAAt, wala yanfaAAu thal-jaddi minkal-jad.

2- ‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner, to Him belongs all sovereignty and praise and He is over all things omnipotent.O Allah, none can prevent what You have willed to bestow and none can bestow what You have willed to prevent, and no wealth or majesty can benefit anyone, as from You is all wealth and majesty.’

سُـبْحانَ اللهِ، والحَمْـدُ لله ، واللهُ أكْـبَر . ثلاثاً وثلاثين -3

لا إلهَ إلاّ اللّهُ وَحْـدَهُ لا شريكَ لهُ، لهُ الملكُ ولهُ الحَمْد، وهُوَ على كُلّ شَيءٍ قَـدير. مسلم 1/418

Subhanal-lah walhamdu lillah, wallahu akbar (thirty-three times).

La ilaha illal-lahu wahdahu la shareeka lah, lahul-mulku walahul-hamd, wahuwa AAala kulli shayin qadeer. ‘How perfect Allah is, all praise is for Allah, and Allah is the greatest.’ (thirty-three times)

3- ‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner, to Him belongs all sovereignty and praise and He is over all things omnipotent.’

14- Before Sleeping

بِاسْمِكَ رَبِّـي وَضَعْـتُ جَنْـبي ، وَبِكَ أَرْفَعُـه، فَإِن أَمْسَـكْتَ نَفْسـي فارْحَـمْها ، وَإِنْ أَرْسَلْتَـها فاحْفَظْـها بِمـا تَحْفَـظُ بِه عِبـادَكَ الصّـالِحـين -1

Bismika rabbee wadaAAtu janbee wabika arfaAAuh, fa-in amsakta nafsee farhamha, wa-in arsaltaha fahfathha bima tahfathu bihi AAibadakas-saliheen.

1- ‘In Your name my Lord, I lie down and in Your name I rise, so if You should take my soul then have mercy upon it, and if You should return my soul then protect it in the manner You do so with Your righteous servants.’

بِاسْـمِكَ اللّهُـمَّ أَمـوتُ وَأَحْـيا البخاري مع الفتح 11/113 ومسلم 4/2083 -2

Bismikal-lahumma amootu wa-ahya.

2- ‘In Your name O Allah, I live and die.’

اللّهُـمَّ أَسْـلَمْتُ نَفْـسي إِلَـيْكَ، وَفَوَّضْـتُ أَمْـري إِلَـيْكَ، وَوَجَّـهْتُ وَجْـهي إِلَـيْكَ، وَأَلْـجَـاْتُ ظَهـري إِلَـيْكَ، -3

رَغْبَـةً وَرَهْـبَةً إِلَـيْكَ، لا مَلْجَـأَ وَلا مَنْـجـا مِنْـكَ إِلاّ إِلَـيْكَ، آمَنْـتُ بِكِتـابِكَ الّـذي أَنْزَلْـتَ وَبِنَبِـيِّـكَ الّـذي أَرْسَلْـت . البخاري مع الفتح 11/113 ومسلم 4/2081

Allahumma aslamtu nafsee ilayk, wafawwadtu amree ilayk, wawajjahtu wajhee ilayk, wa-alja/tu thahree ilayk, raghbatan warahbatan ilayk, la maljaa wala manja minka illa ilayk, amantu bikitabikal-lathee anzalt, wabinabiyyikal-lathee arsalt.

3- ‘O Allah, I submit my soul unto You, and I entrust my affair unto You, and I turn my face towards You, and I totally rely on You, in hope and fear of You. Verily there is no refuge nor safe haven from You except with You. I believe in Your Book which You have revealed and in Your Prophet whom You have sent.’