IslamicTeachings.org

Islamic Short Stories

Asalamu'alaikum

This is a true story of a Niqabi sister in France

After picking groceries in the supermarket, the Niqabi sister stood in the line to pay. After few minutes, her turn came up at the checkout counter.

The checkout girl who was non Hijabi Arab Muslim girl started to scan the items of the Niqabi sister one buy one and then she looked at her with arrogance and said :”we have in France many problems, your Niqab is one of them!!

We, immigrants, are here for trade and not to show our Deen or history! If you want to practice your Deen and wear Niqab then go back to your Arab country and do whatever you want!!” The Niqabi sister stopped putting her grocery in the bag and took off her Niqab…

The checkout girl was in total chock! The Niqabi girl who was blond with blue eyes told her:”I am a French girl, not an Arab immigrant! This is my country and THIS IS MY ISLAM!! You born Muslims sold your Deen and we bought it from you!”

end of story

This is a fact! Many revert Muslims have stronger faith than born Muslims! SuhanAllah!

Indeed,"Islam began a stranger and, then, it will return as it began. Then bliss to the strangers!"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/IsLamic-MoRal-StOrieS/109650875820889

• Like 2

A lady was inquiring about Islam yesterday and was debating with a brother about evolution.

A visiting shaykh was passing by and heard her say, "I have a problem with the notion that woman is from the rib of man".

The shaykh said "you have a problem coming from the rib of man, but no problem coming from a monkey!" She laughed, and was quiet.

• Like 4

sl.gif

An emperor in the Far East was growing old and knew it was time to choose his successor.

Instead of choosing one of his assistants or his children, he decided something different. He called young people in the kingdom together one day. He said, "It is time for me to step down and choose the next emperor. I have decided to choose one of you."

The kids were shocked! But the emperor continued. "I am going to give each one of you a seed today. One very special seed. I want you t...o plant the seed, water it and come back here after one year from today with what you have grown from this one seed. I will then judge the plants that you bring, and the one I choose will be the next emperor!"

One boy named Ling was there that day and he, like the others, received a seed. He went home and excitedly told his mother the story. She helped him get a pot and planting soil, and he planted the seed and watered it carefully. Every day he would water it and watch to see if it had grown. After about three weeks, some of the other youths began to talk about their seeds and the plants that were beginning to grow.

Ling kept checking his seed, but nothing ever grew. 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks went by. Still nothing. By now, others were talking about their plants but Ling didn't have a plant, and he felt like a failure. Six months went by, still nothing in Ling's pot. He just knew he had killed his seed.

Everyone else had trees and tall plants, but he had nothing. Ling didn't say anything to his friends, however. He just kept waiting for his seed to grow.

A year finally went by and all the youths of the kingdom brought their plants to the emperor for inspection. Ling told his mother that he wasn't going to take an empty pot. But honest about what happened, Ling felt sick to his stomach, but he knew his mother was right. He took his empty pot to the palace. When Ling arrived, he was amazed at the variety of plants grown by the other youths. They were beautiful in all shapes and sizes. Ling put his empty pot on the floor and many of the other kinds laughed at him. A few felt sorry for him and just said, "Hey nice try."

When the emperor arrived, he surveyed the room and greeted the young people. Ling just tried to hide in the back. "What great plants, trees and flowers you have grown," said the emperor. "Today, one of you will be appointed the next emperor!" All of a sudden, the emperor spotted Ling at the back of the room with his empty pot. He ordered his guards to bring him to the front. Ling was terrified. "The emperor knows I'm a failure! Maybe he will have me killed!"

When Ling got to the front, the Emperor asked his name. "My name is Ling," he replied. All the kids were laughing and making fun of him. The emperor asked everyone to quiet down. He looked at Ling, and then announced to the crowd, "Behold your new emperor! His name is Ling!" Ling couldn't believe it. Ling couldn't even grow his seed. How could he be the new emperor? Then the emperor said, "One year ago today, I gave everyone here a seed. I told you to take the seed, plant it, water it, and bring it back to me today. But I gave you all boiled seeds, which would not grow. All of you, except Ling, have brought me trees and plants and flowers. When you found that the seed would not grow, you substituted another seed for the one I gave you. Ling was the only one with the courage and honesty to bring me a pot with my seed in it. Therefore, he is the one who will be the new emperor!"

If you plant honesty, you will reap trust.

If you plant goodness, you will reap friends.

If you plant humility, you will reap greatness.

If you plant perseverance, you will reap victory.

If you plant consideration, you will reap harmony.

If you plant hard work, you will reap success.

If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation.

If you plant openness, you will reap intimacy.

If you plant patience, you will reap improvements.

If you plant faith, you will reap miracles.

But

If you plant dishonesty, you will reap distrust.

If you plant selfishness, you will reap loneliness.

If you plant pride, you will reap destruction.

If you plant envy, you will reap trouble.

If you plant laziness, you will reap stagnation.

If you plant bitterness, you will reap isolation.

If you plant greed, you will reap loss.

If you plant gossip, you will reap enemies.

If you plant worries, you will reap wrinkles.

If you plant sin, you will reap guilt.

So be careful what you plant now, It will determine what you will reap tomorrow, The seeds you now scatter, Will make life worse or better, your life or the ones who will come after. Yes, someday, you will enjoy the fruits, or you will pay for the choices you plant today. Honesty in IslamSee More

http://www.facebook.com/pages/IsLamic-MoRal-StOrieS/109650875820889

• Like 1

Asalamu'alaikum

The Journey

One day of the many days, there was a man travelling with his Wife and Kids. On the way they met a person standing on the roadside. He asked: "Who are you?"

The man said: "I am 'the Money'."

So the man asked his wife and kids: "Should we ask him to ride with us?"

They all said together: "Yes, of course! Because 'the Money' can help us do anything we want and get anyth...ing we wished." So they took 'the Money' to ride with them. The vehicle continued on its way until they met another person on the road. The Father asked: "Who are you?"

He said: "I am 'the high position and power'."

So the father asked his wife and kids: "Should we ask him to ride with us?"

They all answered in one voice: "Yes, of course! Because with 'the high position and power' we have the ability to do anything we want and own anything we wished." So they took 'the high position and power' with them, and the vehicle continued to finish its trip.

In this way, they met with many people who promised pleasures and desires of life, UNTIL... They met one strange person... The Father asked: "Who are you?"

He said: "I am 'the Deen' (Islam)."

So the father, the wife, and the kids; all of them said in one voice: "No, no, this isn't the time, we desire the pleasures of life and the Dunyah. ‘The Deen' will prevent us and then stop us from all pleasurable things and it will take control of our lives. We will be worn-out from being loyal to it and its teachings. The Halaal and the Haraam, and this thing ‘prayer’ and that thing ‘Hijaab’, and the fasting, and; and; and; and; and; etc, It will be a burden for us!!!"

"But certainly, we will return to pick you up after we enjoy life and everything else in it."

So sadly, they left him behind and the vehicle continued on its trip.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere something appeared in the middle of the road. It was a check-point with the sign saying STOP!!! They found a man gesturing for the father to get out of the vehicle. The man said to the father: "Your trip has ended. Come with me."

The father was shocked with fear and did not say a word. The man said to him: "I am searching for ‘the DEEN’. Is he with you?"

The father answered: "No, I left him not too far back. If you could allow me to go back, I will get him for you."

The man said: "You do not have the ability to go back now. Your trip has ended and there is no returning... going back is impossible."

"But I have ‘The Money’; ‘the high position and power’; My Wife; My Kids; and; and; and; and; and; and; so on."

The man said to him: "Neither will they benefit you now nor will they protect you when you come in front of Allah. Not even one bit! You have left all of them behind. The only one that will help you now is 'The Deen' you know, the one who YOU left behind on the road."

The father asked: "And who are you exactly?"

He replied: "I AM 'the DEATH' - The one who you were heedless of - and the one who you did not think of on your trip!!!"

The father turned around and looked at his vehicle and found his wife taking control and continuing the trip along with all of the passengers besides him. And none of them had stayed behind with him. He was left all alone.

LET US NOT COMPROMISE OUR DEEN FOR THE WORLDLY THINGS. ONLY OUR DEEN WILL ACCOMPANY US BEYOND TH GRAVE. May ALLAH give us the ability to always do the things that will help us on the Day of Reckoning. Aameen

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Luqman , the wise :

Many, many years ago there lived a scholar called Luqman.

But he was very wise. He was an African who was caught as a slave and sold in another country.Luqman was so wise and respected that a Surah i...n the Qur’an also is called by his name (Chapter 31).

He gave good advice to his children. His advice is equally good for all the children of the world even today.

Once Luqman said to his son, “Oh son! Do not tie your heart in seeking the pleasure of people. You are not likely to succeed. Do not pay attention to what people say. Instead tell yourself always to seek the pleasure of God.”

Luqman wanted this lesson to be always remembered. Never to be forgotten. He thought of a way. He then told his son to ride a donkey. The son obeyed. The father followed behind on foot. They travelled in this way for some distance. After some distance they came across a group of people. Seeing the son on the donkey, one of them said,

“What an impolite and bad boy. The old father is walking on foot. The young son is comfortably riding on the donkey. This is no manner to show respect to one’s father”.

Father and son heard this. The son came down from the donkey. Luqman rode on the animal. After sometime they came across another group of people. On seeing the father riding the donkey, the elder of the group said,

“Oh you old man! This is not the way to bring up a son. You make him walk in the hot sun, while you sit comfortably on the donkey.”

Luqman paid attention to what the people said. He came down from the donkey. Both father and son walked on foot. The donkey walked in front. They went a little further. People seeing them, said,

“How foolish you are? You walk behind a donkey. Why don’t you ride it?”

Luqman and his son once again accepted what the people said. They both rode the donkey and went further. They came across a river. There was a bridge to be crossed. Some people were sitting there. They saw Luqman and his son riding the donkey.

One of them said, “It is very unkind and cruel of you two to ride on the poor donkey. The little animal can hardly take all your burden.”

So taking this advice Luqman and his son dismounted from the donkey. They travelled a little distance further. Looking very lovingly Luqman said to his son, “You have heard and seen what the people said. It must have assured you, by now, that whatever you do or whichever way you move, one is not able to please the people of the world.” He pointed at the flowing river and added,“

♥ Moral ♥ : A person can build a wall across the river. It will stop the flow of the water. But it is not possible to shut the mouth of the people from criticism.”

Very clearly, similar is the case in our world today. The tongue has no bone. It can speak even without thought. There are as many opinions as there are people in the world. It is very bad to find fault with the other person. Especially when he is doing something good.

A person can feel very hurt when he listens to all the tongues that talk loose. To avoid getting hurt by loose talk, a person can train himself. He can discipline himself to think.

By thinking he can know what is wrong and void. When a person is sure that what he is doing will please his Master, the Almighty Allah, then he must never worry what others speak

I opened the door to find my five year old daughter , Jamila, sitting in the middle of my makeup- all scattered around her on the floor. "Jamila what are you doing?" I asked angrily.

SHe looked up at me a little fearfully and said "Mommy I just wanted to draw you a picture." Seeing the water well up in her wide blue eyes, I softened. "Why did you use Mommy's makeup instead of all the new crayons I... bought you?" I asked.

"Because," SHe replied, "these are pretty colors, and Daddy says that they make you beautiful, and I wanted your picture to be pretty, like you."

All my anger burnt out, I hugged Jamila close to me. I felt so bad now about getting angry. SHe felt the tears on my face before I did, and simply said "Don't cry Mommy. You'll always be prettier than my picture."

Appreciate the small things

http://www.facebook....109650875820889

99 Company

Once upon a time, there lived a King who, despite his luxurious lifestyle, was neither happy nor content.

One day, the King came upon a farmer who was singing happily while he worked. This fascinated the King; why was he, the Ruler of the Land, unhappy and gloomy, while a lowly farmer had so much joy.

The King asked the farmer, ‘Why are you so happy?’

The farmer replied, ‘Your Majesty, I am not...hing but a farmer, but my family and I don’t need too much – just a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummies.’

The king was not satisfied with that reply. Later in the day, he sought the advice of his most trusted advisor. After hearing the King’s woes and the farmer’s story, the advisor said, ‘Your Majesty, I believe that the farmer Has not been made part of The 99 Company.’

‘The 99 Company? And what exactly is that?’ the King inquired.

The advisor replied, ’Your Majesty, to truly know what The 99 Company is, place 99 Gold coins in a bag and leave it at this servant’s doorstep.’

When the servant saw the bag, he took it into his house. When he opened the bag, he let out a great shout of joy… So many gold coins!

He began to count them. After several counts, he was at last convinced that there were 99 coins. He wondered, ‘What could’ve happened to that last gold coin? Surely, no one would leave 99 coins!’

He looked everywhere he could, but that final coin was elusive. Finally, exhausted he decided that he was going to have to work harder than ever to earn that gold coin and complete his collection.

From that day, the servant’s life was changed. He was overworked, horribly grumpy, and castigated his family for not helping him make that 100th gold coin. He stopped singing while he worked.

Witnessing this drastic transformation, the King was puzzled. When he sought his advisor’s help, the advisor said, ‘Your Majesty, the servant has now officially joined The 99 Company.’

He continued, ‘The 99 Company is a name given to those people who have enough to be happy but are never contented, because they’re always yearning and Striving for that extra 1, saying to themselves: ‘Let me get that one final thing and then I will be happy for life.’ We can be happy, even with very little in our lives, but the minute we’re given something bigger and better, we want even more! We lose our sleep, our happiness, we hurt the people around us; all these as a price for our growing needs and desires.

• 2 weeks later...

Asalamu'alaikum

story of 2 brothers

Death may come upon us at any time, and it is our last deed that counts most. Put together, these two realities make it clear that we must continually repent for our sins and that it is utter foolishness to put off repentance for another day.

In relation to this point, there is an interesting story related about two brothers. One of them, who lived on the top floor of a house they shared together, was a pious worshipper; the other, who lived on the ground floor, was a prolific doer of evil deeds. The former was confident- in fact, a little too confident and self-complacent for his own good. He actually desired that Shaytaan should try to tempt him, so that he could resist temptation and soar to higher levels of righteousess. One day, Iblees did appear before him, perhaps in the form of a man [it is not mentioned in the narration]. Shaytaan said, "So very sad that you have spent 40 years inhibiting the satisfaction of your desires and tiring your body in worship. You have 40 more years left to live, why don't you enjoy yourself and follow your lusts for a while. Then you can always repent and return to worship later on. After all, Allah is Most-Forgiving, Most-Merciful."

The worshipper thought to himself, "I will go down to my brother on the first floor, and I will join him in the pursuit of pleasure for 20 years. Then, in the last 20 years of my life, I will repent to Allah and worship Him." He then began to descend the stairs to the first floor.

Meanwhile, his brother was going through a transformation of his own. He thought to himself, "I wasted away my entire life in sin. My brother, the worshipper, will enter Paradise, while I will enter the Hell-fire. By Allah, I will indeed repent, go up to my brother and join him for as long as I live, in the worship of Allah. Perhaps Allah will then forgive me."

He ascended the stairs, with the intention of repenting to Allah, while his brother was desceending with the intention of leading a life of sin. The latter slipped on one of the stairs, tumbled down, and knocked down his brother. Both of them died.

It is, of course, the last deed that counts most.

• 4 months later...

A Unique take on Forgiveness

*One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick.

Suddenly, my daughter, spoke up from her relaxed position in her seat. Dad, Im thinking of something.

This announcement usually meant she had been pondering some fact for a while, and was now ready to expound all that her six-year-old mind had discovered. I was eager to hear. What are you thinking? I asked.

The rain, she began, is like sin, and the windshield wipers are like Allah wiping our sins away.

After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond. Thats really good, Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little girl take this revelation? So I asked

Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you?

She didnt hesitate one moment with her answer: We keep on sinning, and Allah just keeps on forgiving us.

I will always remember this whenever I turn my wipers on.

Courtesy of LI

• 1 month later...

:sl:

The Power of Istighfar

During his old age, while Imam Ahmed was traveling he stopped by a town. After the prayers, he wanted to stay for the night in the masjid yard because he didn’t know anyone in the town. Owing to his humility, he hadn’t introduced himself to anyone thinking that if he did, he would be welcomed by many people.

Failing to recognize Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, the caretaker of the mosque refused to let him stay in the mosque. Imam Ahmed tried numerous times, but the guard did not accept his requests. Frustrated, Imam Ahmed resolved to spend the night in the masjid yard. The guard became furious. As Imam Ahmed was quite old, the caretaker had to drag him out of the mosque. On seeing this, a baker from a nearby place felt pity for this man (Imam Ahmed) and offered to be the host to him for the night. During his stay with the baker, Imam Ahmed observed that the baker would constantly recite Istighfar (seek forgiveness from Allah). Imam Ahmed asked the baker if the constant practice of saying Istighfar had any effect on him.

The baker responded, "By Allah! No duaa (supplication to God) I made except that it was answered but one."

"And what is that?" asked Imam Ahmed.

"To be able to see the famed Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal!" Replied the baker.

On this, Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal said that Allah had not only listened to his dua but had dragged him (Imam Ibn Hanbal) onto his (the baker’s) doorsteps.

[summarized from Al Jumuah magazine, vol 19, issue 7]

This story is a reminder of the power of saying Istighfaar (seeking forgiveness) frequently. Let’s remember that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to say Istighfaar frequently during the day.

Tafseer Al-Qurtubi states:

A man complained to Al-Hasan about a drought, and he said to him: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

Another man complained to him of poverty and he said to him: "Pray to Allah to forgive you."

Another man said to him: "Pray to Allah to bless me with a child." He said: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

Another complained to him that his garden was dry. He said to him: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

He was asked about it and he said: "This is not my personal opinion, for Allah says in Surah Nooh (interpretation of the meaning): 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance. And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.'" Tafseer Al-Qurtubi (18/301-302)

One of the narrators of a Hadith was asked about the manner in which forgiveness is to be sought, to which he answered: "The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to say: 'Astaghfirullah! Astaghfirullah! (I beseech Allah for forgiveness, I beseech Allah for forgiveness)'." [sahih Muslim].