IslamicTeachings.org

Loving the beautiful Sunnah

Loving our Master, Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam is amongst the most integral factors of our Imaan. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam has stated, “None of you has (perfect) Imaan until I am more beloved to him than his parents, his children and mankind in its entirety.” (Sahih Bukhari)

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said, “Whoever lives his life according to my Sunnah, then indeed he loves me. And whoever loves me, will be with me in Jannah.” (Sunan Tirmidhi)

As Muslims, it is our belief that every Sunnah of Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam is filled with noor (divine light) and blessings of Allah Ta'ala.

Allah Ta’ala mentions in the Quraan Majeed, “Say (to them): if you love Allah, then follow me (Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), Allah will love you in return and forgive your sins.” (Quran 3:31)

The Sunnah of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam is not restricted to acts or places of worship only. Instead, it is comprehensive and covers all aspects of life, such as one's social and moral conduct, business dealings & dressing. It applies to all places be it the Musjid, the business place, the home & even while one is on journey. In every situation, one should draw guidance from the lifestyle of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam thereby turning habits into acts of worship.

Let us make a firm resolution to learn the Sunnah, practice and propagate it not only in this month of Rabi ul Awwal but rather throughout the year and indeed throughout our lives.

Jamiatul Ulama (KZN)
Council of Muslim Theologians