5 Point Plan: Preparing For Ramadan
In a few days time, we will enter Rajab followed by Sha'ban and then Ramadan.
"O Allah, make the months of Rajab and Sha'ban blessed for us, and let us witness the month of Ramadan."
Rajab itself is a blessed month being from the Al-Ash'hur Al-Hurum (Sacred months), where the rewards of virtuous deeds are increased.
It is therefore perfect to start our preparation for Ramadan
1) Fast some extra days during these 2 months.
For Example the Sunnah fast of Mondays & Thursdays.
2) Increase and renew our Tawbah (repentance) and practice perfecting it.
3) Increase our Ibadah (acts of worship)
For example, 2 extra Raka'at of Nafl Salah, 2 extra pages of the Qur'an daily, practice 1 more daily Dua'a.
4) Train our Tongue, Ears & Eyesight
Get them used to the act of worship and to refrain from sins.
5) Gradually reduce the time we spend on Social Media and The Television.
For example remove yourself from 2/3 unnecessary groups and stop watching few unnecessary television shows.