IslamicTeachings.org

Durood: means of rescue from an evil fate

اﻟﻠﻬُﻢﱠ ﺻَﻞﱢ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﻣُﺤَﻤﱠﺪٍ وﱠ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﺁلِ ﻣُﺤَﻤﱠﺪٍ وﱠ أَﻧــْﺰِﻟْﻪُ اﻟْﻤَﻘْﻌَﺪَ اﻟْﻤُﻘَﺮﱠبَ ﻋِﻨْﺪَكَ (الطبراني

O Allah, shower your choicest durood (blessings) on Hadhrat Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and upon the family of Hadhrat Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and grant him the lofty position of maqaam-e-mahmood on the day of Qiyaamah.

A Benefit of Reciting Durood

In Roudhul Faa’iq, Sufyaan Thauri (Rahmatullahi Alaihi) relates: “Once when performing Tawaaf, I saw a man doing the same. Throughout his entire Tawaaf , he was only reciting durood upon Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) at every step, and did not recite any tasbeeh, tahleel etc. When I asked him the reason, he replied: “And who are you?” I replied: “I am Sufyaan Thauri.” He then said: “Had you not been the only scholar of your calibre, I would not have revealed something which is my secret. My father and I went for Hajj. Enroute my father fell ill. While I was doing my utmost to treat him, he suddenly passed away, and his whole face turned black.” This distressed me greatly (and seeing that this was a bad sign) I said, “Inna lillah.”

I then covered his face with a cloth. Soon thereafter my eyes closed and I fell off to sleep in this sorrow. In a vision I saw a man approaching. I had never seen a man as handsome as he, clothes as clean as his, and a fragrance as sweet as his. He approached in haste, removed the cloth from my father’s face, and put his hand over his face. Immediately the face turned white. As he was about to depart, I held onto him and asked, “May Allah Ta’ala have mercy upon you. Please tell me who are you, for Allah Ta’ala has shown mercy to my father in his great need because of you.” He replied: “Do you not recognize me? I am Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), the son of Abdullah, the person of the Qur’an. Your father was a very great sinner, but he always recited durood upon me abundantly. Hence, when through his sins, evils descended on him, I saw his great need and hastened to assist him, as I do for all those who recite durood upon me.” (Fazaail Durood)  Ihyaaud Deen

يَا رَبِّ صَلِّ وَ سَلِّمْ دَائِمًا أَبَدًا عَلَى حَبِيبِكَ خَيرِ الخَلْقِ كُلِّهِمِ

• Like 1