IslamicTeachings.org

Smart Phones & Purpose Of Life!

• Dawah Team

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I remember buying one of the first HTC smart phones with windows and paying top money for it, having this device meant that I didn’t have to carry my PDA and phone and I could now just carry 1 device with which I could:

1.         Browse the web
  2.         Check my email
  3.         Open all my documents and edit them
  4.         Make/Recieve Phone calls

This gadget was brilliant and everyone was wow'ed by it as they saw me open document, read etc and then take a phone call in the middle of it all!

This baby did EVERYTHING except make good phone calls, the connection was bad and it kept dropping the line!

Let me say it again, the phone did EVERYTHING except make good phone calls!

Today, we as Muslims need to revisit our purpose in life, we are politicaly & media savvy, we are aware of current affairs, we can google and obtain Ahadeeth relevant to our research but we have fogotten our purpose in our life which is:

[51:56] I did not create the Jinns and the human beings except for the purpose that they should worship Me.

And how do you worship Allah (SWT)? According to the Sunnah of Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) because all if we don't then our claims are useless and our life is heading in the wrong direction!

[3:31] Say (O Prophet): .If you really love Allah, then follow me, and Allah shall love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Most-Forgiving, Very-Merciful.

So critique your life according to these two verses and fulfill your primary objective otherwise you may be just as useless as a phone which does EVERYTHING except make good phone calls!

Smart Phones & Purpose of Life!

• Like 1