IslamicTeachings.org

Do You Wish To Be Held By The Hand & Led On The Straight Path?

ummtaalib

leading%20by%20hand.jpg

Would it not be wonderful if someone totally trustworthy held us by the hand and not just showed us the straight path, but led us to it and stayed with us all the way? Would it not be wonderful because there would be no chance of being led astray and if we did slip up we would immediately find a helping hand? Is this even possible? Read on and find out!

The answer lies in becoming the beloved of Allah subhaanahu wata’ala by attaining the quality of Ihsaan (to be constantly aware of Allah subhaanahu wata’ala) because a person with this awareness will follow every single command and refrain from all disobedience and if per chance a sin was committed he/she will immediately turn to Allah subhaanahu wata’ala in repentance. Now how does one attain this quality?

Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat (Hafizahullaah) explains that the first step toward this goal is to make Mujaahadah (To strive against the base desires). To begin with one needs to make a firm resolution to make Mujaahadah and thereafter act upon it with courage.

Mujahadah is necessary when the heart inclines toward disobedience of Allah subhaanahu wata’ala i.e. when one desires to commit a sin like listening to music or when one feels disinclined to act on a command like performing the compulsory Salaah.

Once Mujaahadah against the base desires takes firm root then it will be said that one has attained the quality of Ihsaan and then it will be as if Allah subhaanahu wata’ala Himself takes the hand and leads one on the Siraatal Mustaqeem, the path leading to His closeness. He will open doors of ease on this path and the closeness will increase when after the compulsory worship is established, the optional worship is increased.

One will then become like the person mentioned in the Hadith,

“.....When a friend of Mine comes closer to Me, with a thing with which I love, out of things which I have prescribed; and when he seeks favour through optional prayers (Nawaafil) I start loving him and when I love him, I become his ear with which he hears and his eyes with which he sees and his hands with which he grasps and his foot with which he walks, and when he requests Me for anything I grant him and when he seek protection I give him protection”.