IslamicTeachings.org

Differences Between Quran & Bible .

SAFAH

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN QURAN & BIBLE

Bible

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he RESTED, and was REFRESHED. [Exo. 31:17]

QURAN

We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch us. [50:38]

Bible

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.. and then created the light of day and darkness of night, and then the plants, and finally he created the sun and the moon. [Genes. 1:1-31]

QURAN

Do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation) before we clove them asunder? [21:30]

Bible

Let us make man IN OUR IMAGE, after our likeness. [Exo. 1:26]

QURAN

There is nothing whatever LIKE UNTO HIM, and he is the one that hears and sees. [41:11]

He begets not, nor he is begotten, and there is none like unto him. [112:3]

Bible

How long will you forget me, O Lord. [Psalm 13:1]

QURAN

Quran: My Lord never errs, NOR FORGETS. [20:52]

Bible

AWAKE, WHY DO YOU SLEEP, O LORD ? [Psalm 4:23]

Then the Lord AWAKED AS ONE OUT OF SLEEP, and like a mighty man that shouts by reason of wine. [Psalm 4:23]

QURAN

Allah! There is no god but He, the living, the Selfsubsisting Supporter of all. No slumber seizes Him nor Sleep. [2:255]

Bible

O Lord, how long shall I cry, and YOU WILL NOT HEAR? [Hab. 1:2]

QURAN

Truly my Lord is he, the Hearer of prayer. [14:39]

If you pronounce the word aloud, (it is no matter) for verily He knows what is secret and what is yet more hidden. [20:7]

Bible

O Lord of hosts, how long will you not have mercy on Jerusalem. [Zech. 1:12]

Will the Lord castoff forever? and will he be favourable no more? IS HIS MERCY CLEAN GONE FOREVER? does his promise fail for evermore? Has God forgotten to be gracious? [Psalm 77:7]

MY HOPE IS PERISHED FROM THE LORD. [Lamen. 3:18]

QURAN

O my servants who have transgressed against their souls! despair not of the mercy of Allah: For Allah forgives all sins: for he is Oft-Forgiving most Merciful. [39:53]

Bible

O Lord, bow down your ear: open your eyes and see. [2King. 19:16]

QURAN

Verily, Allah knows the unseen of the heavens and the earth: and Allah sees well all that you do. [49:18]

Bible

The Lord said, "I will break my covenant with them" [Levi. 26:44]

You said O Lord: My covenant will I not break.. 38 But you cast off and abhorred, you have been wroth with your annointed. You have made void the covenant of your servant. 43 You have made all his enemies to rejoice, you have also turned the edge of his sword, and have made him to stand in the battle 46 HOW LONG WILL YOU HIDE YOURSELF FOR EVER? [Psalm 89:19]

QURAN

It is the promise of Allah. Never does Allah fail from His promise but most men know not. [30:6]

Bible

With the pure you show yourself pure, and with the crooked you show yourself perverse. [2 Sam. 22:27]

QURAN

O you who believe stand out firmly for justice as witnesses to Allah even as against yourselves or your parents or your kin. [4:135]

Bible

God said to Jesus, "You are my son today I have begotten you" [Heb.5:5] God said to David, "You are my son today I have begotten you"[Psalm2:7]

QURAN

Quran: Say: He is Allah, The One; Allah, The Eternal Absolute; He does not beget, Nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him. [112:1]

No son did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with him. [if so] then behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have lorded it over others! Glory to Allah! (He is free) from (the sort of) things they attribute to Him. [23:91]

And they say, "The Most Gracious Has betaken a son!" Indeed you have put forth a thing most monstrous! At it the skies are bout to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin: That they attributed a son to the Most Gracious. For it is not consonant with the majesty of the Most Gracious that He should beget a son. Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to the Most Gracious as a servant. He does take an account of them [all], and numbered them exactly, and everyone of them will come to him singly on the day of judgment. [19:88]

Bible

Then Mary said unto the angel, "How shall this be [that she'll have a son] Seeing I know not a man? The angel answered and said unto her, "The Holy Ghost shall come upon you, and the power of the highest shall overshadow you". [Luke 1:34]

QURAN

Then [Mary] said, "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste? He said, "So (it will be) Your Lord said, "That is easy for me: and we wish to appoint him as a sign unto men and a mercy from us. It is a matter (So) decreed. [19:20]

Bible

God said to the children of Israel, "Every woman shall BORROW of her neighbour jewels of silver and gold, and remaint, and you shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters and you shall spoil the Egyptians. [Exo. 3:22] So they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels and remaint: And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.[Exo.12:35]

QURAN

Say: "Nay, Allah never commands what is indecent: Do you say of Allah what you know not? " [7:28]

Bible

I am the Lord, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generations. [Deut. 5:7]

Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers. [isiah 14:21]

QURAN

Every soul draws the meed of its acts on none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear th burden of another. [6:164]

Bible

And the Lord said, "Go through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have you pity. Slay utterly old and young both maids and little children, and woman. [Ezek. 9:5]

Bible:And the Lord sain unto Moses, "Avenge the children of the Mid'-an-ites They warred against the Mid'-i-an-ites, as the Lord commanded Moses, and they slew all the males. And they TOOK ALL WOMEN OF CAPTIVES, AND THEIR LITTLE ONES, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt and all their goodly castles, with fire.

Moses said "Have you saved all the women alive? 17 NOW KILL EVERY MALE AMONG THE LITTLE ONES, AND KILL EVERY WOMAN that has known a man by lying with him, But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. [Num. 31:1]

HADEETH

The Prophet Mohamad said to his army before going to a fight "Depart in the name of Allah, and by his help. And kill not any old man nor young boy nor child, nor woman, But be good doers for Allah loves those who do good.

Bible

We conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. [Roman 3:28]

QURAN

Do men think that they will be left alone on saying we believe and they will not be tested! But We did test those before them and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false. [29:1]

Resist not evil: But whosoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue you at the law, and take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. [Math. 5:38]

QURAN

The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (In degree): but if a person forgives and make reconciliation his reward is due from Allah: For (Allah) loves not those who do wrong. [42:40]

Quran: Let them forgive and overlook, Do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, most Merciful. [24:22]