IslamicTeachings.org

Notable Quotes

CHARITY

Asalamu'alaikum :brother: :sister:

N o t a b l e Q u o t e s:

"Death is the easiest of all things after it, and the hardest of all things before it." Abu Bakr As-Sideeq

"Be not entangled in this world of days and nights; Thou hast another time and space as well." Muhammad Iqbal

"The first step towards (seeking) knowledge is the (sincerity of) intention, then it is listening; then it is understanding (this knowledge), then it is acting (upon this knowledge), then it is spreading (this knowledge)." Abdullah Ibnul Mabarak

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." Malcolm X

Salaam

Imaam al-Shaafi'ee (rahimahullah) said:

I never argued with anyone with the intention to win; rather, my intention was to seek the truth.

Nice one!!!!! :goodjob: Lets try to keep this thread going with Quotes whenever we think of them or find them!!!!

Asalamu'alaikum

For every minute you are angry with someone, :@

You lose 60 seconds of happiness

That you can never get back. :ohmy:

If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow,

You have no today to be thankful for.

Thank God for what you have,

TRUST GOD for what you need.

God always gives His best to those

Who leave the choice with Him.

Asalamu'alaikum

For every minute you are angry with someone, :@

You lose 60 seconds of happiness

That you can never get back. :ohmy:

If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow,

You have no today to be thankful for.

Thank God for what you have,

TRUST GOD for what you need.

God always gives His best to those

Who leave the choice with Him.

Very nice. ;)

Ibn al Qayyim rahimahullaah said: "Whoever desires to purify his heart, let him prefer Allah over his desires"

Intellect is like a foundation of the building

Wahee is like the building which is built upon it....

Intellect is like the light

Wahee is like the sight...

Intellect is like the lamp

Wahee is like the oil

Intellect is like the wahee which lives inside a man

Wahee is the intellect which lives outside of a man.....

BY : IMAAM GAZZAALI..

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allaah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allaah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness." -Ibnul Qayyim al Jawziyy (Rahimahullaah)

Asalamu'alaikum

Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah reported that one of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) said,

"I do not mind which out of the two blessings was greater. That Allaah guided me to Islaam, or that he kept me away from these innovated sects."

[Al-Wasiyyat ul-Kubraa]

Muhammad ibn Mubashshir al-Karmeenee said:

"Muhammad ibn Salaam al-Baykandee's pen broke whilst in the gathering of a Shaykh, so he announced "a pen for a deenaar", whereby pens began to fall upon him (from all directions)."

[siyar A’laam an-Nubalaa. – Volume 10, Page 629]

Salaam

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness, in a descending spiral of destruction. The chain reaction of evil must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation". - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Walaikum'asalam

Asalamu'alaikum

.. "a pen for a deenaar", whereby pens began to fall upon him (from all directions)."

:roll: :o

what did he do then ?

Well here is an answer for everyone and especially you MW :

So important was writing knowledge to him that he was willing to pay as much as 1 deenaar for a pen, whereby he received so many offers by people throwing their pens at him hoping to secure the deenaar in return for their pen.

Asalamu'alaikum

Here is another one:

Imaam al-Barbahaaree (rahima-hullaah) mentions:

((From the Sunnah is that you do not help anyone in disobedience to Allaah, whether they be parents or any of the creation. There is no obedience to a human in disobedience to Allaah and no one is to be loved for that (i.e. disobedience to Allaah).

Rather, all of that is to be hated for (the sake of) Allaah, the Blessed and Most High)).

Sharhus-Sunnah - Imaam al-Barbahaaree

Behaviour and Seeking Permission

On the authority of Abu Dharr in a narration ascribed to the Prophet:

‘Smiling in your brother’s face is charity (Sadaqah) for you, when you enjoin the good and prohibit evil it is charity, when you show directions to a man who has lost his way it is Sadaqah for you.

Helping a weak-sighted person by using your sight is charity for you.

When you remove a rock, thorn and bones from the pathway it is charity for you.

When you pour from your bucket into your brother’s bucket it is charity for you.'

Translated by: Abbas Abu Yahya

— Shaykh Muhammad Nasir ud-Deen al-Albaani

Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah - No.572

Quotes from Ash-Shaaf'iee:

Ash-Shaafi'ee said, ‘Knowledge is what benefits, knowledge is not what is merely memorised.'

*Aboo 'Alee bin Hakamaan said, Ahmad bin Mohammad bin Haaroon Al Hamadaanee Al 'Adl narrated to us, that Aboo Muslim Al Kajjee narrated to us saying, Al Asma'ee narrated to us from Ash-Shaafi'ee, that he said, ‘The core of knowledge, is steadfastness, and its fruit is security, and the core of cautiousness is contentment, and its fruit is tranquillity, and the core of patience is to be resolute, and its fruit is triumph, and the core of actions is ability, and its fruit is success, and the goal in each and every affair is truthfulness.'’

*Aboo Thawr said, I heard Ash-Shaafi'ee say, ‘It befits the Faqeeh (jurist), that he should place some soil onto his head out of humbleness to Allaah, and out of thanks to Allaah.’

*Ar-Rabee' said, Ash-Shaafi'ee said to me, ‘If the Fuqahaa (jurists and people of knowledge) are not the Awliyaa (loyal and devoted ones) of Allaah, then Allaah has no Walee.’

*Hurmulah said, I heard Ash-Shaafi'ee say, ‘I would love that all the knowledge that I have learnt, that I should teach the people, so that I would get the reward, and they would not praise me for it.’

*It has been reported through two chains from Ash-Shaafi'ee, that he said, ‘If I see a man the companions of Hadeeth, then it is as if I am seeing a companion of the Prophet, may Allaah reward them with all good, they protected for us the Asl (origin/foundation), so they have excellence over us.’

*Yoonus bin 'Abdil-A'laa said, Ash-Shaafi'ee said to me, ‘Pleasing the people is a goal you will never reach, and there is no way to ensure security from them, so upon you be that which will benefit you, then adhere to that.’

*From Ash-Shaafi'ee that he said, ‘The sign of a true friend, is that he behaves to the friend of his friend as a friend.’

*From Ash-Shaafi'ee that he said, ‘The most elevated of people in status, are those who do not recognise from themselves any status, and those of them who possess the most excellence are those who do not see their excellence.’

Salaam

Pearls of Wisdom from Umar bin Khattab (Radiya Allahu Anhu)

Don't take the word of a Muslim as ill. When there is a way of seeing it positively, take it that way. Find one good interpretation out of 10.

Avoid positions that will make others doubt you. (ie disobey Allah publicly, hang out with ppl who don't care, at all time and places)

protectedpearl