IslamicTeachings.org

Looking to Those Who are of Lower Status (financially) And not of High Status

Looking to Those Who are of Lower Status (financially)

And not of High Status:arabic6:

By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

Abu Hurairah (R.A.) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and mercy of Allah be upon him) said:

“Look at those who are lowers status than you (financially) but do not look at those who are higher than you, lest you belittle the favors of Allah conferred upon you” (Bukhari, Muslim).

As we know that there are many kinds of people in society, as the rich, the poor and the middle standard ones etc.  But, according to Islamic teachings, a faithful believer should not see toward those who possess the higher status financially but should see to those who are of the lower status then him instead.

Because when he will see to the rich ones, then the feelings of ingratitude will arise into his heart and he will belittle the favors of Allah. While on the other hand, when he will see to those who are lower than him, then he will be thankful to God and will get more favors as the holy Qur’an makes mansions, “And when your Sustainer made [this promise] known: 'If you are grateful [to Me], I shall most certainly give you more and more; but if you are ungrateful, verily, My chastisement will be severe indeed!” (Ibrahim (Abraham) 14:7).

It is said that there was a bare-footed man in a city and was ingratitude to Allah Almighty due to it. One day he went to offer prayer in the mosque, there he saw a man with cut-off his feet. So he became much grateful to Allah due to his right healthy feet.

In fact, everyone has such type of favors that others have not. For example, a sound health is equal to one thousand favors, so to be thankful to Allah over His favors is necessary and whoever gives thanks to Allah, he receives more favors from Allah Almighty. May Allah Almighty give us ‘taufeeq’ to act upon this hadith, Amin.