IslamicTeachings.org

Lessons from Hadith

Bringing up Daughters

Jabir ibn 'Abdullah reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who has three daughters and provides for them, clothes them and shows mercy to them will definitely enter the Garden." A man from the people said, "And two daughters, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "And two." Source: Musnad Aḥmad

This hadith reveals that anyone who has three daughters and looks after them in the best way, will be made enter the Paradise. But, usually we see that when a baby-girl borne in anyone’s home, the parents get upset much and tell not others about the baby. Perhaps they think that they will have to give her dowry and seek a proper spouse for her. And if they are poor ones, then this is the serious case for them.

But no worry because Allah is the Best Helper for them and He can solve all their problems. So the parents should keep trust in Allah as a whole and should bring up their daughters and show the mercy for them in order that they may enter Paradise, Ameen. :takbir:

Assalaamu 'alaykum warahmatullah

Welcome to the forum. Yes daughters are a blessing however many communities regard them as burdensome which is very unfortunate.

This is a beneficila post but please note the following:

The images have been deleted. May we please request you not to post any pictures of animate objects. This is mentioned in the rules here

When posting Hadith please mention the source i.e. Bukhari. Muslim etc. instead of how its graded. Please note that the source has been edited in your post.

Jazaakallaahu khayraa.

• Like 1

Looking at Those Who are of Lower Status (financially) :arabic6:

By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

Abu Hurairah (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah () said:

“Look at those who are lowers than you (financially) but do not look at those who are higher than you, lest you belittle the favors of Allah conferred upon you” (Bukhari, Muslim).

We know that there are many kinds of people in the society, comprising the rich, the poor and the middle standard ones etc.  But, according to Islamic teachings, a faithful believer should not look at those who possess the higher status financially but should look at those who are of the lower status then him.

Because when he will see to the rich ones, then a feeling of ingratitude arises in his heart and he will belittle the favors of Allah. While on the other hand, when he will see to those who are lower than him, then he will be thankful to God.

It is narrated that there lived a bare-footed man in a city and was ingratitude due to it to Allah Almighty. One day he went to offer prayer in the mosque, where he saw a man with cut-off his feet. So he became much grateful to Allah due to his right healthy feet.

In fact, everyone has such type of favors that others have not. For example, a sound health is equal to one thousand favors, so to be thankful to Allah over His favors is necessary, the holy Qur’an makes mention,” And [remember the time] when your Sustainer made [this promise] known: 'If you are grateful [to Me], I shall most certainly give you more and more; but if you are ungrateful, verily, My chastisement will be severe indeed!'' (Ibrahim (Abraham) 14:7).

And whoever gives thanks to Allah, he receives more favors from Allah Almighty. May Allah Almighty give us ‘taufeeq’ to act upon this hadith, Amin.

• ummtaalib changed the title to Lessons from Hadith

Brother Rafique Since you are posting lessons from hadith we have decided to merge your posts into one thread and as you will notice the title has been changed.

Is this ok with you?

Also please mention source of the explanations. We at islamicteachings are very particular about presenting correct understanding of the classical scholars of Tafseer and hadith

Respected Admin, you asked me about the source of the explanations of hadith because you are very particular about presenting correct understanding of the classical scholars of Tafseer and hadith. Respected Sister, I want to tell you about myself, I have done my M.A. Arabic from “Islamiyah University” Bahawal Pur city in 1984, and then after it I passed my شھادۃ العالمیہ examination (daurah hadith) from وفاق المدارس العربیہ باکستان in grade “jayyed” and I am 70 years old now.

I have been writing Islamic articles in Urdu and English languages in various Newspapers and Magazines since 40 years. So I myself explain the hadiths and other Islamic issues in the light of explanation of authentic Tafseer and hadith books written by renowned scholars of Islam of Ahlus Sunnah wal jamaaha.

However, if you see my explanation of hadith or other issues correct according to Islamic belief, then please publish them and if you find any fault, then please inform me.

JazakAllaho ahsanal Jaza

16 hours ago, shaikhrafique said:

Respected Admin, you asked me about the source of the explanations of hadith because you are very particular about presenting correct understanding of the classical scholars of Tafseer and hadith. Respected Sister, I want to tell you about myself, I have done my M.A. Arabic from “Islamiyah University” Bahawal Pur city in 1984, and then after it I passed my شھادۃ العالمیہ examination (daurah hadith) from وفاق المدارس العربیہ باکستان in grade “jayyed” and I am 70 years old now.

I have been writing Islamic articles in Urdu and English languages in various Newspapers and Magazines since 40 years. So I myself explain the hadiths and other Islamic issues in the light of explanation of authentic Tafseer and hadith books written by renowned scholars of Islam of Ahlus Sunnah wal jamaaha.

However, if you see my explanation of hadith or other issues correct according to Islamic belief, then please publish them and if you find any fault, then please inform me.

JazakAllaho ahsanal Jaza

Masha-allah! Allah ta'al accept your efforts, aameen

Its an honour for us to have you post here. Please forgive me

I'm sure you understand the need for scrutiny with so much fitnah online. Alhamdulillah on this forum we have tried our best to compile, post only from authentic sources

• Like 1