IslamicTeachings.org

The Qur'an, an ocean for the Ummah

ummtaalib

Hazrat Ayyoob (‘alaihis salaam) was a Nabi of Allah Ta‘ala who was tested with severe sickness. After patiently enduring many years of sickness, Allah Ta‘ala granted him complete shifaa. Allah Ta‘ala commanded him to strike his feet on the ground, thereby causing a spring of pure, healing water to gush forth. He bathed in the water and was completely cured. Furthermore, Allah Ta‘ala restored his youth, granted him exceptional beauty, and blessed him with double the favors that he had lost during the period of his illness.

In regard to the spring of Hazrat Ayyoob (‘alaihis salaam), it is reported that it possessed special healing and rejuvenating qualities. Hence, as long as the spring remained and did not dry up, people would come to it and bathe in it to find cure from their ailments. (Umdatul Qaari vol. 16 pg.3) Indeed, how unique was this healing spring and how fortunate were those blessed to bathe in its water! However, it was not long before the spring dried up.

As far as the ummah of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) is concerned, Allah Ta‘ala has not blessed us with a spring, but rather He has blessed us with an ocean that has no shores and contains pearls, emeralds, rubies and every form of priceless treasure. The more one draws from this ocean, the more it increases. It will never decrease nor dry up, but will remain forever, blessing its people with cure, barakah and goodness.

What is this ocean? It is none other than the Qur’aan Majeed, the divine speech of Allah Ta‘ala to His creation and the greatest bounty of Allah Ta‘ala in the world. As long as the ummah firmly holds onto the Qur’aan Majeed and fulfils its rights, this Qur’aan Majeed will be a source of light for them in this world and in the grave. Furthermore, on the Day of Qiyaamah, it will accompany them on the plains of Resurrection until it enters them into Paradise.

It is reported from Hazrat Mu’aaz bin Jabal (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) that when a person who holds firmly onto the Qur’aan Majeed passes away, then before being buried, while his family are still engaged in attending to his funeral rites, the Qur’aan comes to him in a beautiful form and stands at his head side, protecting him and comforting him until he is wrapped in his kafan (shroud). The Qur’aan then enters the kafan and rests on his chest. When he is placed in the grave, and the soil is placed over him, and all his friends depart, then the angels, Munkar and Nakeer, come to him and make him sit up in his grave. The Qur’aan then comes between him and the angels. The angels address the Qur’aan saying, “Move away so that we may question him.” However, the Qur’aan replies, “Never will I move away! By the Lord of the Ka’bah, he remained my companion and friend in the world! Therefore, I will never abandon him in any situation! If you have been instructed to carry out any task (i.e. question him), then you may do so, but leave me to remain here with him, for I will not leave him until I enter him into Jannah.” (Majma‘uz Zawaa’id #3530)

May Allah Ta‘ala grant us the tawfeeq to remain loyal to the Qur’aan Majeed by reciting it daily and upholding its teachings in every department of our lives so that we may acquire the true blessings of the Qur’aan Majeed in this world, in the grave and the Hereafter.

orchards of love ihyauddeen.co.za

• 1 month later...