IslamicTeachings.org

Mufti Ebrahim Desai Sahib (Rahimahullah)

*Mawlana Imraan Desai on His Beloved Father Mufti Ibrahim Desai Hafizahullah* 

My fathers 3 outstanding qualities:

1) Husne Zann - He used to make excuses for people who had done the worst of things to him & to us children. 'Maybe this is what happened..' & make excuses for them. He disliked ugliness between himself & anyone & disliked it for others too.

2) Love for Hadith, Fatawa & anyone in all the different services of Deen. He taught Bukhari Shareef for 30 years & his love for Bukhari Shareef cant be explained in words. Only if you sat in his class, you would know. I was lucky enough to be his student also.

3) Generosity - Many people think of generosity as giving wealth, whilst he felt pity for every single beggar who asked of him, he was generous with his time to the public & his love for his students. Those who know him will recognize & realise this deep, inner generosity he had. 

Once, he wanted to give to a beggar & he gave a long, sad story. He listened & didnt interrupt him. i said, hes conning you ( referring to the beggar ) & he told me that Allah is so merciful & loving, Allah sent the beggar to HIM, so he could deposit some Sadaqah into his Aakhirah.

'Dont look at WHO you are giving, look at where it is going' (Your Akhirah)

If kindness, love & generosity were to be personified, it would be my fathers smiling face. May Allah grant him complete Shifaa' & keep him with us for a long time, Ameen!

𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐔𝐅𝐓𝐈 𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐀𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐇𝐈𝐁 𝐑𝐀𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐇𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐇  

Written by Faraz Adam, a student of Mufti Ebrahim Desai. 

The following are a few memories written with the intention that it gives all the readers the love of the pious and specifically a chance to make dua for Hadhrat Mufti sahib rahmatullah alayh. 

-When we landed in Durban to study the Iftaa course, we were expecting a student, friend or mureed of Hadhrat Mufti sahib to collect us. The moment we walked out into the arrivals lounge, lo and behold, Hadhrat Mufti sahib himself had come to collect us from the airport. 

-Mufti sahib would regularly wake us up for Tahajjud and Fajr Salah. He would come to our beds and call us for Salah. 

-Mufti sahib would regularly bring lunch and supper for us - which was cooked at his house for the entire duration of my studies. 

-Mufti sahib treated all his students equally and always gave every one of us the attention we needed from him. Every student feels to this day that he is the most beloved to Mufti sahib. He once said to me, 

"I cannot get upset with my students. You are all my means of Sadaqah jariya."

-Mufti sahib told the students on the first day of the Iftaa course, "I am your Ustadh and you should respect your Asaatidha, but treat me as a friend."

-Mufti sahib would be with the students from Fajr to 10pm at times! He would be teaching us, speaking to us, training us and sharing his life experiences with us. His family have given him their full support to give his time for the tarbiya of his students. 

-In the early days of Darul Iftaa, we had no official timetable. We would be studying all day, every day. Mufti sahib saw the tiredness in us and took us for a holiday to the mountains and gorges in South Africa. He never had to do this, but he told us that we are an amanah in his hands.

-In terms of tarbiya, every student is required to perform Tahajjud, Ishraq, Duha, Awabeen along with daily zikr and tilawah. Each student has a record book which Mufti sahib checks daily. Mufti sahib pays equal attention to the islaah of his students as he does to their academic progress. 

-In terms of ilm, Hadhrat Mufti sahib's humbleness is well known to all students. He would be overjoyed when a student would challenge him on any mas'ala to the extent that he would happily adopt the opinion of the student as his opinion. 

-One of the graduates told me, "I have personally heard Mufti sahib say," My students are everything to me." 

-Anytime a student was feeling poorly, the distress was visible on Mufti Sahib's face. Once, I experienced 3 nose bleeds in one day. Mufti sahib told me to rest. A few hours later, Hadhrat Mufti sahib came to my room and sat on my bed to see how I was feeling and brought some drink and food for me. 

-One student said to me, "Such is Mufti Sahibs love for his students that I have seen Mufti Sahib pay the expenses of many students for their tickets, medical expenses, etc."

May Allah grant our dear Ustadh and Shaykh jannatul firdaws. May Allah give us the ability to walk in his footsteps. Ameen 

By Mufti sahib's (Rahimahullah) son and students

The http://askimam.org website started many years ago in the early 1990’s when my father visited America and was posed a question on the Miswaak. The brother then requested my father to setup a website and post the answer. This is the humble beginning of askimam!

Zuhd and Taqwaa. My father DB had never placed his foot in a shopping mall and once when he was forced to inspect an item, he moved so vigorously through the mall than one thought he was fleeing from something. He later told me that these places are the dens of Shaytaan.

The most unique quality of Mufti Ebrahim Desai Sahib which no student of his will every deny: He made every student feel as though he was the closest and most beloved to Mufti Sahib. He was the epitome of love and muhabbat.

• 1 month later...

ASKIMAM.ORG

A GIFT TO THE UMMAH 

FROM MUFTI EBRAHIM DESAI (RAHIMAHULLAH)

The new redesign and revamp of Askimam was something Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Rahimahullah) had overseen for the past two years. It was his heart’s desire to launch the upgraded Askimam during Ramadhan. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the launch was delayed and it was Mufti Sahib’s last wish and directives for Askimam to be launched on Eid al-Adha 1442. 

It was Allah’s will that Mufti Sahib would be returned to Him during the blessed days of Hajj, and that the launch would be delayed further and instead, be a living memory and Sadaqah Jariyah for our beloved Mufti Sahib. 

The entire Askimam website and all its contents will remain accessible, as a legacy and a Sadaqah Jariyah for our beloved teacher and guide Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Rahimahullah). 

It was his life project, and we have full hope in Allah Ta’ala that He will make this website a living memory of Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Rahimahullah).

We ask the readers of Askimam.org to continue making Dua and Isaale Thawab for Mufti Ebrahim Desai. 

To Allah belongs all praise and only He is the Everlasting.

MESSAGES FROM SENIOR ULAMA

• Hazrat Mufti Ahmed Khanpuri Sahib (Hafidhahullah)

• Mufti Muhammed Hashim Amod Sahib (Hafidhahullah)

• Moulana Ebrahim Pandor Sahib (Hafidhahullah)

• Mufti Saeed Motara Sahib (Hafidhahullah) 

• Ml Ahmed Chohan Sahib (Hafidhahullah)

Read more: http://askimam.org/public/announcement/63

Welcome message: 
http://askimam.org/public/announcement/61

Launch Video:

📧 *Email:* [email protected]

*Twitter*: @Darul_iftaa | @MuftiEbrahim
*Web* Darulmahmood.net | Daruliftaa.net | Askimam.org | Idealwoman.org | One-Humanity.net

*Subscribe to the Darul Iftaa WhatsApp service:* https://wa.me/27673474561 by sending us a message and saving the number to receive updates.

• Like 1