IslamicTeachings.org

Afghanistan & Taliban

2 hours ago, xs11ax said:

I don't know if it's reliable, weak, or completely fabricated. 

The gist of it is as follows...

A muslim army and a christian army will unite together to fight a muslim army. The muslim/christian coalition will win. Then an argument will ensue regarding why they won. The muslim army will declare the victory was due to Islam and the christians will declare it was due to Christianity. This will culminate into a fight and the Muslims will win. 

حَدَّثَنَا النُّفَيْلِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عِيسَى بْنُ يُونُسَ، حَدَّثَنَا الأَوْزَاعِيُّ، عَنْ حَسَّانَ بْنِ عَطِيَّةَ، قَالَ مَالَ مَكْحُولٌ وَابْنُ أَبِي زَكَرِيَّا إِلَى خَالِدِ بْنِ مَعْدَانَ وَمِلْتُ مَعَهُمْ فَحَدَّثَنَا عَنْ جُبَيْرِ بْنِ نُفَيْرٍ، عَنِ الْهُدْنَةِ، قَالَ قَالَ جُبَيْرٌ انْطَلِقْ بِنَا إِلَى ذِي مِخْبَرٍ - رَجُلٍ مِنْ أَصْحَابِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم - فَأَتَيْنَاهُ فَسَأَلَهُ جُبَيْرٌ عَنِ الْهُدْنَةِ فَقَالَ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ سَتُصَالِحُونَ الرُّومَ صُلْحًا آمِنًا فَتَغْزُونَ أَنْتُمْ وَهُمْ عَدُوًّا مِنْ وَرَائِكُمْ فَتُنْصَرُونَ وَتَغْنَمُونَ وَتَسْلَمُونَ ثُمَّ تَرْجِعُونَ حَتَّى تَنْزِلُوا بِمَرْجٍ ذِي تُلُولٍ فَيَرْفَعُ رَجُلٌ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّصْرَانِيَّةِ الصَّلِيبَ فَيَقُولُ غَلَبَ الصَّلِيبُ فَيَغْضَبُ رَجُلٌ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ فَيَدُقُّهُ فَعِنْدَ ذَلِكَ تَغْدِرُ الرُّومُ وَتَجْمَعُ لِلْمَلْحَمَةِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Dhu Mikhbar said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: you will make a secure peace with the Byzantines, then you and they will fight an enemy behind you, and you will be victorious, take booty, and be safe. You will then return and alight in a meadow with mounds and one of the Christians will raise the cross and say: The cross has conquered. One of the Muslims will become angry and smash it, and the Byzantines will act treacherously and prepare for the battle.

Sunan Abi Dawud 4292

https://sunnah.com/abudawud:4292

"You will make a firm truce with the Christians (al-Rum) until you and they wage a campaign against an enemy that is attacking them. You will be granted victory and great spoils. Then you will alight in a plain surrounded by hills. There, someone among the Christians shall say: 'The Cross has overcome!' whereupon someone among the Muslims shall say: 'Nay, Allah has overcome!' and shall go and break the cross.

The Christians shall kill him, then the Muslims shall take up their arms and the two sides shall fall upon each other.

Allah shall grant martyrdom to that group of Muslims. After that the Christians shall say to their leader: 'We shall relieve you of the Arabs,' and they shall gather up for the great battle (al-malhama). They shall come to you under eighty flags, each flag gathering 12,000 troops." [approx. 1 million]

Narrated with sound chains from Dhu Mikhbar al-Najashi by Abu Dawud, Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Ibn Hibban, and al-Hakim who declared it sahih and al-Dhahabi concurred. 

Hadith narrated in Sahih Bukhari from Awf Bin Malik who said that "I went to the Prophet during the Ghazwa of Tabuk while he was sitting in a leather tent. He said, "Count six signs that indicate the approach of the Hour: my death, the conquest of Jerusalem, a plague that will afflict you (and kill you in great numbers) as the plague that afflicts sheep, the increase of wealth to such an extent that even if one is given one hundred Dinars, he will not be satisfied; then an affliction which no Arab house will escape, and then a truce between you and Bani Al-Asfar (i.e. the Byzantines) who will betray you and attack you under eighty objectives. Under each objective will be twelve thousand soldiers".

The same Hadith is narrated in Abu Dawood with some different words. The Prophet said: "You will make peace with the People of Rome and then you and they together will combat an enemy. You will be victorious in that battle. After that all of you will stay at a pasture, at that time a person from among the People of the cross will raise a cross then a Muslim will get angry and rise to him and push him away. Thereafter all the People of Rome get together and attack you under eighty flags…" [Abu Dawood]

Imam Muslim narrates from Abu Hurairah reporting Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would not come until the Romans would land at al-A'maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people of the earth at that time will come from Madinah (to counteract them). When they will arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans would say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from amongst us. Let us fight with them; and the Muslims would say: Nay, by Allah, we would never get aside from you and from our brethren that you may fight them. They will then fight and a third (part) of the army would run away, whom Allah will never forgive. A third (part of the army), which would be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah's eye, would be killed and the third who would never be put to trial would win and they would be conquerors of Constantinople. And as they would be busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves) after hanging their swords by the olive trees, the Satan would cry: The Dajjal has taken your place among your family. They would then come out, but it would be of no avail. And when they would come to Syria, he would come out while they would be still preparing themselves for battle drawing up the ranks. Certainly, the time of prayer shall come and then Jesus (peace be upon him) son of Mary would descend and would lead them in prayer. When the enemy of Allah would see him, he would (disappear) just as the salt dissolves itself in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront him at all, even then it would dissolve completely, but Allah would kill him by his hand (Jesus) and he would show them his blood on his lance (the lance of Jesus Christ)". [Reported by Imam Muslim]

50 minutes ago, Bint e Aisha said:

Hadith narrated in Sahih Bukhari from Awf Bin Malik who said that "I went to the Prophet during the Ghazwa of Tabuk while he was sitting in a leather tent. He said, "Count six signs that indicate the approach of the Hour: my death, the conquest of Jerusalem, a plague that will afflict you (and kill you in great numbers) as the plague that afflicts sheep, the increase of wealth to such an extent that even if one is given one hundred Dinars, he will not be satisfied; then an affliction which no Arab house will escape, and then a truce between you and Bani Al-Asfar (i.e. the Byzantines) who will betray you and attack you under eighty objectives. Under each objective will be twelve thousand soldiers".

Covid?

7 hours ago, ummtaalib said:

we should ask a scholar knowledegable in these matters

I don't think many people are interested in this stuff anymore, at least not like how people were when Taliban first came to power. 

What are the ulama and madaris of Pakistan saying about the resurgence of Taliban. Are they supporting them?

Twitter thread with investigations from the war in Afghanistan including: Ghost Schools, US spec forces killing pregnant women and tried to cover it up, doomed AFG rebuilding plan, US soldier Robert Bales murdering 16 civilians in Kandahar, The Takhar attack, the A-Team killings and much more...

https://twitter.com/AzmatZahra/status/1427785068056035335

4 minutes ago, xs11ax said:

Twitter thread with investigations from the war in Afghanistan including: Ghost Schools, US spec forces killing pregnant women and tried to cover it up, doomed AFG rebuilding plan, US soldier Robert Bales murdering 16 civilians in Kandahar, The Takhar attack, the A-Team killings and much more...

https://twitter.com/AzmatZahra/status/1427785068056035335

not sure why this needed approving again..

18 hours ago, ummtaalib said:

Innaa lillaahi wainnaa ilayhi raaji'oon!

What in the world was going on there all this time!!

We need to work on a comprehensive database categorizing the atrocities carried out by the US and its allies otherwise the information will be lost and people will forget. We need to include links and sources and also archive the evidence and testimonies etc before they get scrubbed off the net. Anyone available to spearhead this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xs11ax said:

We need to work on a huge database categorizing the atrocities carried out by the US and its allies otherwise the information will be lost and people will forget. We need to include links and sources and also archive the evidence and testimonies etc before they get scrubbed off the net. Anyone available to spearhead this?

after next week I get busy again with courses starting so cannot take it on

19 hours ago, xs11ax said:

Do you have any details, please? Names of ulama/madaris and how they have demonstrated their support. 

This is the stance of Islamic political parties: https://www.dawn.com/news/amp/1641051

I don't know of any Deobandi madrasah in Pakistan that does not hail and support Afghan Taliban. Ghair muqallideen / ahle hadith Ulama also support them. I've heard them showing approval and praising them in their speeches but I don't know if they support them in any other way.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, xs11ax said:

No problem. Still require your's and others mashwerah. Is it worthwhile doing? Will it be of benefit?

Not sure actually how it would benefit specially if its hidden away somewhere on a small forum.

Lets see what others think but nn the meantime  maybe you can start another topic and start posting links on it

1 hour ago, ummtaalib said:

Not sure actually how it would benefit specially if its hidden away somewhere on a small forum.

Lets see what others think but nn the meantime  maybe you can start another topic and start posting links on it

I don't mean on this forum. On a different platform or it's own website which can be shared amongst various forums and social media platforms. It won't be easy, but doable if enough people are interested. It's just an idea. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xs11ax said:

I don't mean on this forum. On a different platform or it's own website which can be shared amongst various forums and social media platforms. It won't be easy, but doable if enough people are interested. It's just an idea. 

Oh ok i see. Sorry not very good with these things...beginning to think it may be a good idea

Can you explain what actually needs doing and what is required then maybe others can give input and also I can ask someone who has a website and they are interested

35 minutes ago, ummtaalib said:

Oh ok i see. Sorry not very good with these things...beginning to think it may be a good idea

Can you explain what actually needs doing and what is required then maybe others can give input and also I can ask someone who has a website and they are interested

Salaam. 

Off the top of my head...

We will need a front end with tools that end users can access. E.g. a website/app with categories, search facilities, etc. 

And a back end that developers can use to quickly and easily upload info. E.g. a content management system or program that has a categorized set template that developers can use to quickly and easily upload the content. 

We can do our own research and also invite others to submit their research in a set format possibly using the same back end template used by the developers. The user submissions will then need to be checked and cleaned up by the developers before uploading it to the website. 

The site can be further developed to include better research tools, such as tools that allow you to cross reference each submission with other submissions that are linked to it, information on politicians, media outlets, journalists along with their credentials, biases, truthfulness, etc. 

The information could look something like...

Antagonists: US Army

Year: 2010

Incident: Something happened on the 1st of month 2010 carried out by such and such. 

Evidence: Documents, interviews, photos, videos, etc. 

Official Response: We have investigated our personnel and we have concluded we did nothing wrong and nothing more will be done about blah blah blah....

17 hours ago, xs11ax said:

Salaam. 

Off the top of my head...

We will need a front end with tools that end users can access. E.g. a website/app with categories, search facilities, etc. 

And a back end that developers can use to quickly and easily upload info. E.g. a content management system or program that has a categorized set template that developers can use to quickly and easily upload the content. 

We can do our own research and also invite others to submit their research in a set format possibly using the same back end template used by the developers. The user submissions will then need to be checked and cleaned up by the developers before uploading it to the website. 

The site can be further developed to include better research tools, such as tools that allow you to cross reference each submission with other submissions that are linked to it, information on politicians, media outlets, journalists along with their credentials, biases, truthfulness, etc. 

The information could look something like...

Antagonists: US Army

Year: 2010

Incident: Something happened on the 1st of month 2010 carried out by such and such. 

Evidence: Documents, interviews, photos, videos, etc. 

Official Response: We have investigated our personnel and we have concluded we did nothing wrong and nothing more will be done about blah blah blah....

wa'alaykumus salam warahmatullah

I asked and recieved following reply

Its better to use online platforms for publishing such content for better reachability. For example:

You can post each incident as a separate article and this will get you a lot of engagement. Publishing a separate website will require marketing efforts and resources which we don't have so a website will go unnoticed. Secondly a website will be prone to legal actions by US Govt which can lead to complete site ban or the least they can do is complain to web hosting provide to take down the website. 

so it can be done but I dont think people with websites would take the risk
  • Like 2