IslamicTeachings.org

7 Deeds in Ramadan that carry the Reward of Hajj & Umrah!

hamza81

7 Deeds in Ramadan that carry the Reward of Hajj & Umrah!

How generous is Allah that he gives to his without measure. 

O mankind, what has deceived you concerning your Lord, the Generous, (Surat Al-’Infitar 82:6)

He is even more generous during the blessed of Ramadan by which he will reward his slaves whatever he likes. 

The following are 7 ways of earning the rewards of (Voluntary) Hajj & Umrah's during the blessed month of Ramadan:

1 - Performing the obligatory prayers in congregation: 

Abu Tharr narrated that a group of the Companions came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, the wealthy people will have higher grades and will have permanent enjoyment and they pray like us and fast as we do. They have more money, which they give in charity."The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), replied:“Has Allaah not rendered for you the‘Ishaa’ prayer in congregation equal to Hajj, and the Fajr prayer in congregation equal to ‘Umrah?” [Muslim]

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), said: “Whoever walks to [perform] an obligatory prayer in congregation, it is like Hajj [in terms of rewards], and whoever walks to [perform] a voluntary prayer, it is like a voluntary ‘Umrah [in terms of rewards].” [Hasan]

2 - Reciting Dhikr (Remembrance of Allah) after the five daily prayers:

Abu Hurayrah (Ra) narrated that a group of destitute people came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, the wealthy people will have higher grades and will have permanent enjoyment in high levels in Paradise. They pray like us and fast as we do, but they have more money by which they perform the Hajj, ‘Umrah, participate in Jihaad and give in charity.” The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), replied: “Shall I not tell you something upon which if you acted you would catch up with those who have surpassed you? Nobody would surpass you and you would be better than the people amongst whom you live except those who would do the same. Say ‘Subhaan Allaah’, ‘Alhamdulillaah’ and ‘Allaahu Akbar’ thirty-three times each after every (compulsory) prayer.’" [Al-Bukhaari]

3 - Praying Fajr with congregation & remaining seated in worship until after Sunrise:

The Prophet (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: 'He who performs Fajr Salat with Jamaat and remains seated in the same place while engaging in Dhikr until after sunrise and thereafter performs 2 Rakaats Nafil Salat, (Ishraaq), he will obtain the Thawaab of one Hajj and one Umrah.' [Tirmidhi]

From `Abdullah bin `Aamir (Ra) that Abu Umaamah and `Utbah Bin `Abd (Ra) related that Allah’s Messenger, (Sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever prays as-S.ubh. (i.e. fajr prayer) in congregation then sits until he prays for Allah the prayer of Dhuha has the reward like that of a haajj (pilgrim performing Hajj) and a mu`tamir (pilgrim peforming `Umrah), complete reward of his Hajj and his `Umrah” [Tabarani]

4 - Observing the 10 days of I'tikaf:

Ali Ibn Hussain (RA) narrates from his father that Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “He who observes the ten days I’tikaf during Ramadhan will obtain the reward of two Hajj & two Umrah.” [Bayhaqi]

5 - Attending the ‘Eed prayers (both ‘Eed Al-Adh-ha and ‘Eed Al-Fitr):

Ibn Rajab (Ra) narrated that the Companion Mikhnaf ibn Sulaym (Ra) said, “The reward for attending ‘Eed Al-Fitr prayer is equal to the reward of performing ‘Umrah and the reward for attending ‘Eed Al-Adh-ha Prayer is equal to that of performing Hajj.”

6 - Going to the Masjid to teach and learn carry's the reward of Hajj

Abu Umamah al-Bahili (Ra) that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:

من غدا إلى المسجد لا يريد إلا أن يتعلم خيرا أو يعلمه كان له كأجر حاج تاما حجته

"Whoever goes to the masjid, wanting nothing except to teach what is good or to learn, will have the reward of a completed Hajj." [Tabarani, Mu'jam al-Kabeer, 7348 and others]

7 - Performing Umrah in Ramadan

Ibn `Abbas (Ra) said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said to a woman from among the Ansar —  Ibn `Abbas mentioned her name but I forgot it —  "What kept you from performing Hajj with us?" She said, "We only have two camels," and the father of her son and her son had gone for Hajj on one camel, and he left the other camel so that they could carry water on it. He said, "When Ramadan comes, go for ‘Umrah, for ‘Umrah in (Ramadan) is equivalent to Hajj."
[Al-Bukhari (1782) and Muslim (1256)]

May Allah enable us to implement these good acts and may he the majesty of honour and generosity reward us without measure. Ameen

• 1 year later...

Fulfilling the needs of your brother or sister

Hasan Al-Basri (Ra) said: “Your proceeding to fulfil the need a fellow Muslim is better for you than one Haj after another!” [Also quoted By Zabeedi (Ra) in Sharhul Ihyaa, vol.6 pg.292]

Being good to your parents

(Ra) reports that a man came to Rasulullah (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) and said: “I wish to participate in Jihaad, but I cannot afford it” Rasulullah (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) enquired if any of his parents were alive, to which he said: “Yes! My mother is alive” Rasulullah (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “Show Allah how you serve her. If you do so (duly) you will be like a: Haaji, a Mu’tamir (one doing ‘Umrah) and a Mujaahid (One striving in Allah’s way).” [Abu Ya’la, hadith:2760, and Tabarani with good chains.-Targheeb, vol.3, pg. 315 & Mukhtasar Ithaaf, hadith:5721]