IslamicTeachings.org

The Reality of Wazā'if

• Like 1

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah 

Such an important topic. Jazakillahu khaira for sharing. It is really a significant lesson. I've been observing this in my family and relatives and I am very disturbed by it, that they focus on wazaif more than they focus on rectifying and reforming their sinful ways. People recite verses hundreds of thousands of times but do not for a moment think that what they are eating is halal or haram and if that is the cause that their duas are not being accepted. 

If a person were to recite a certain verse, name of Allāh ta'ālā etc. a thousand times, it will have no effect until and unless the person acquires a position in Allāh's S eyes and becomes beloved to Him. Once he does so, he will just have to make du'ā once and Allāh ta'ālā will accept it.

Rasūlullāh sallallāhu 'alayhi wasallam has said:

"There are many who are dishevelled, covered in dust, turned away from people's doors, who, if they were to take an oath by Allāh, Allāh ta'ālā would surely carry it out." (Muslim)

This is so powerful SubhanAllah!

wa'alaykumus salaam warahmatullah

I came across this article when different people suggested different wazaaif for a major illness  in my family with great emphasis on them. I was quite concerned about the emphasis and I consulted people of knowledge.  I would like to share the advise so insha-allah there is greater awareness regarding this issue.

1  I was advised to read this article which explains everything very concisely yet with great depth

2  The Nabawi prescriptions are the best which include:

• a lot of Istighfaar
  • a lot of Durood upon our Nabi sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam
  • Verse 173 of Surah Aali 'Imraan abundantly  - "Hasbunallaah‎u wa ni'mal wakeel"
  • Verse 87 of Surah Ambiyaa abundantly  -  "Laailaaha illaa anta subhaanaka innee kuntu minadh dhaalimeen" -  لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِين

The following du'a for cure are also from the Sunnah

ruqyah.jpg

• Like 1

Forgot to add:

• Aisha reported: When the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would lie down for sleep, he would blow into his hands, recite the two chapters of refuge, Surat al-Falaq and al-Nas, and he would wipe his hands over his body. (Bukhari)
  • “It is reported in the Sunan of Abu Dawud and Ibn Maajah from Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (radhiya Allahu ‘anhaa) that she said, ‘Rasulullah  (‘Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa ‘alaa aalihi wa sallam) said to me,

“Shall I teach you some words that you should say at the time of كرب Karb or in Karb (heartache, distress, gloom)? Say:

‏أَللَّهُ ‏ ‏أَللَّهُ رَبِّي لَا أُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئًا  “Allahu Allahu Rabbi Laa Ushriku Bihi Shai’a”

• Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that whenever the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, was faced with a serious difficulty, he would raise his head to the sky and supplicate, “Subhan-Allah al-’Azim (glory be to Allah, the Mighty).” And when he implored seriously and strongly, he would say, “Ya Hayyu, Ya Qayyum (O the Living, the Eternal One).” (Tirmidhi)

• Like 1