IslamicTeachings.org

Women and household work !

ummtaalib

Women and household work !
??????????

To all of my believing sisters out there who feel “ being stuck at home “ with child rearing and cooking and cleaning day in and day out .... who feel their productivity and creativity is withering away , who feel there is a lot to do out there like going for hifz classes , attending lectures , volunteering for dawah activities and other ways by which they can gain Allah subhaanahu wa taala s pleasure ....

Do you feel there is less opportunities at home for acquiring great rewards ? 

Then let me remind you of 2 great women of Paradise ... 
Khadijah and Fatimah , may Allah be pleased with them both ...

Khadija , (R) was not a scholar of Hadith like , Aisha (R) ... she has not related a single Hadith, nor has she participated in any battle of Islam ...
Then what are her achievements , of course being the first convert is the best of them .... which is obviously beyond our reach , but is it only that ?
No ... her role as devoted wife and mother of seven children and a pillar of support for her husband in good times and bad , are also priceless achievements , her willingness to serve her husband at all times ... her toil and fatigue ... 

A Hadith states that once as she was coming with food and drink for the Prophet SAW  when he was in Cave Hira, Angel Jibreel descended with the greeting of Salam from Allah for her and brought glad tidings of a house in Paradise built of Pearl where there will be no more noise or fatigue !

Fatimah Bint Muhammad (R) : 
Wasn’t it her struggles as a wife and homemaker which made her the leader of women In Paradise ?
Or have we heard of extraordinary reports about her contributions to deen ?

No ....
It was her simple life , doing household chores taking care of husband and children and lots of hard work which had bruised her hands ... so much that when she asked for a maid , what did her beloved father say : Rather , my dear , recite 33 times each before sleeping SubhaanAllah , Alhamdulilah , Allahu Akbar , that will relieve you and lighten your burden ....

Take home message ????

Muslim Women at home are doing a wonderful job , it’s enough to get us to Jannah if we are sincere to Allah and grateful to our husbands and fulfil our amaanah to the best each one can !

So next time you pick up the broom , do it with a smile and sincere dua : 
“ O Allah accept from me ! “
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...