IslamicTeachings.org

A Dictionary of Islamic Terms

ummtaalib

A Dictionary of Islamic Terms

This is a dictionary of Islamic terms by Dr. Muhammad Ali Alkhuli.  The author said in his introduction:

“I felt the need for a dictionary of Islamic terms while I was writing some English books on Islam to introduce the Islamic religion to non-Muslims.  I also found that many Arab writers of such English books have the same feeling about the need for such a dictionary because Islamic terms are available in Arabic, to begin with. Therefore, I developed the intention to compile a bilingual Arabic-English dictionary and an English-Arabic dictionary on Islamic terms. The result of this intention has been this dictionary.

This dictionary contains the terms related to the Holy Quran, the Sunna, worship, transactions, manners, penal laws, the permitted, the prohibited, marriage, divorce, waiting period, inheritance, jurisprude-nce, pillars of Islam, God’s names, Prophet’s names, names of the Quranic chapters, many terms that may come under the umbrella of ‘Islamic terms’, and terms needed in comparative religious studies.”

index.jpg

Download here

Read Online: here