IslamicTeachings.org

Disloyal Dunya, Disloyal People

Al Salamu 'Alaykum.

A Q&A from the Maktubat of Faqih al-Ummah:

Summary of Letter:

Bismihi Ta'ala

Respected Mufti Saheb,

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

I was very attached to someone. I am now shattered by his disloyalty. As a result I cannot even sleep at night. I continuously perform Salaat-ut-Taubah and make dua, yet my condition continues to deteriorate. Please help me to overcome this problem.

Summary of Reply:

Bismihi Ta'ala

Respected Brother / Sister

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

This world is a temporary place. It is also very disloyal. It keeps a person for a few days until he lives and then pushes him away (to the next world). All the things that one regarded as his own is also snatched away by the world.

Similar is the condition of worldly people. They have no concept of loyalty. Only those who regard this world merely as a guest house (which one will shortly leave and continue upon one’s journey), or those who regard it as a jail, neither get deceived by it, nor do they deceive others.

When making dhikr of Laa Ilaaha illallaah, imagine that you have removed all other love from your heart and thrown it behind you. Then meditate that only the love of Allah Ta`ala has been firmly embedded in your heart. In this world He is with us. In the Hereafter also, He alone will be with us. He will never separate from us.

Try to embed this thought in your heart as much as possible (insha Allah your distress will be removed).

(Maktoobaat of Faqih al-Umma, Mawlana Mahmud Hasan Gangohi(rah); vol 5; pg 43)

Taken from al-Haadi.

Wa'laykum Salam.

Abu Tamim's Blog May Allah have mercy on him.

• Like 1