IslamicTeachings.org

Prophet Ibrahim and The Magian.

Abu Hafsat

As-Salaam alaikum,

In his book titled 'Epistle On Sufism', Imam al-Qushayri, may Allah be Merciful to him, related this wonderful story... that a Magian (follower of Zoroastrian religion) sought the hospitality of Prophet Ibrahim, alaihis-Salaat Was-Salaam, and Nabiy Ibrahim told him: "I will be your host, only if you embrace Islam." To which the Magian replied: "If I were to embrace Islam, there would be no benefit for you in [hosting] me"....since it will be a duty for a believer to host a fellow believer, anyway!

When the Magian went away, Allah, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, revealed to Ibrahim, alaihis-Salaam: "Ya Ibrahim, you will not feed him unless he changes his religion, whereas We have fed him for 70 years despite his unbelief! If you were to be his host for just one night, what would it be to you?"

Sayyiduna Ibrahim, peace be upon him, rushed after the Magian and invited him to stay with him. The Magian asked him what caused him to change his mind. Ibrahim told him what happened to him. The Magian said: "So that is how He treats me"!  He then said: "Present [your] Islam to me", and he became a Muslim.

• Like 1