IslamicTeachings.org

The Hairdresser of the daughter of Fir’awn

ummtaalib

The Hairdresser of the daughter of Fir’awn

Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “On the night of Mi’raaj, I perceived a beautiful fragrance. I said: O Jibreel, where is this beautiful fragrance coming from? He said: This is the fragrance of the hairdresser of the daughter of Fir’awn and her children. I asked: inform me regarding them. Jibr’aeel (Alayhis Salaam) explained:

One day, whilst she was combing the hair of Firawn’s daughter, the comb fell from her hand and she said, ‘Bismillah (in the name of Allah Ta’ala).’ The daughter of Firawn asked: ‘By taking the name of the Lord, are you referring to my father?’ She said: ‘No. My Lord and the Lord of your father, Fir’awn, is Allah.’ She said: ‘I will report this to my father.’ She said: ‘You may inform him.’ The daughter informed him and he thus summoned the beautician and said: ‘O So and so, do you have a Lord other than me?’ She said: ‘Yes, my Lord and your Lord is Allaah.’ He ordered that a large pot made of copper be heated up, then he ordered that she and her children be thrown into it. She said: ‘I have a request to make to you.’ He asked: ‘What is your request?’ She said: ‘I would like my bones and my children’s bones to be gathered together in one cloth and buried.’ He said: ‘This will be done for you.’ He ordered that her children be thrown into it in front of her, one by one, until they came to the last one who was an infant boy who was still being breastfed. It was as if she hesitated because of him, but he said: ‘O mother, go ahead, for the punishment of this world is easier to bear than the punishment of the hereafter.’ So she went ahead.” Hadhrat Ibn ‘Abbaas (Radhiyallahu Anhu) said: “Four infants spoke miraculously during their infancy: “Hadhrat Isa ibn Maryam (Alayhis Salaam), the witness of Jurayj, the witness of Yousuf (Alayhis Salaam) and the son of the hairdresser of Firawn’s daughter.” (Musnad Ahmad)