IslamicTeachings.org

Dusting the Bed before Sleeping

ummtaalib

Dusting the Bed before Sleeping

sweet-dreams2.jpg

One should dust his bed before going into bed and recite the following duaa:

بِاسْمِكَ رَبِّى وَضَعْتُ جَنْبِى وَبِكَ أَرْفَعُهُ إِنْ أَمْسَكْتَ نَفْسِى فَارْحَمْهَا وَإِنْ أَرْسَلْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا بِمَا تَحْفَظُ بِهِ عِبَادَكَ الصَّالِحِينَ

O my Rabb, only with Your name have I lay down on my side (to sleep), and only with Your help I shall raise it. If You withhold my soul then have mercy on it, and if You return it, then safeguard it as You safeguard Your pious servants.

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: إذا أوى أحدكم إلى فراشه فلينفض فراشه بداخلة إزاره فإنه لا يدري ما خلفه عليه، ثم ليضطجع على شقه الأيمن، ثم ليقل: باسمك ربي وضعت جنبي، وبك أرفعه، إن أمسكت نفسي فارحمها، وإن أرسلتها فاحفظها بما تحفظ به عبادك الصالحين (ابو داود رقم 5050)

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When any one of you retires to bed, then he should dust the bed with the inner-part of the tail of his lungi. The reason being is that one is unaware of what may have entered his bed in his absence. He should then lie on his right side and recite the following duaa: 

بِاسْمِكَ رَبِّى وَضَعْتُ جَنْبِى وَبِكَ أَرْفَعُهُ إِنْ أَمْسَكْتَ نَفْسِى فَارْحَمْهَا وَإِنْ أَرْسَلْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا بِمَا تَحْفَظُ بِهِ عِبَادَكَ الصَّالِحِينَ

Ihyaauddeen.co.za

wa'alaykumus salaam warahmatullah...nice to see you back aishazaynap!

I've tried to check ...some places saying we dust three times and others do not mention "three times". As for the du'a, it says the following:

He should then lie on his right side and recite the following duaa

wa'alaykumus salaam warahmatullah...nice to see you back aishazaynap!

I've tried to check ...some places saying we dust three times and others do not mention "three times". As for the du'a, it says the following:

Alhamdulillah its good to see you too my dear ablam ;) JazakAllahu khayran for clarification. So my dear ablam what should we do, one says 3x other one says only dust the bed?