IslamicTeachings.org

Istikhara Question

duadiya

Assalamualykum Warahmatulahi Wabarakathu!

I wanted to know about istikhara because of which we are really confused. My friends sister had a marriage proposal which looks good. We had asked four to five people we know to do istikhara for her. They did and according to them its good. The girl  for who the proposal is  also doing istikara. She is praying istikhara dua after every namaz and also doing it after isha.  She's praying two nafil namaz and then prays the istikara dua after every namaz (4-5 times daily). In addition to this after she prays istikara nafil  and dua before going to sleep. She has been doing this for last week.

The issue is though everyone is saying its good she is not happy. According to her she does not feel good about this proposal. She says she is not at peace when she thinks about this proposal. Question is it is very confusing for her and her family as others istikhara showed it to be good while she does not fell content with proceeding. Everyone is saying the istikara has come out good so you should proceed, if you do not something bad might happen, maybe you won’t get a good proposal in future. What should be done?

Jazakallah Kharain

Wa'alaykumus salaam warahmatullaah wabarakaatuhu

Welcome to the forum!

Please see HERE for information regarding Istikhara.

The following Q/A HERE seems quite relevant to the sister's situation:

Also found this:

When one is not clear about the result of the istikhara, the fuqaha mention that it is recommend to repeat it, upto 7 times if necessary (usually done on separate occasions). [cf: Radd al-Muhtar]

It is not necessary that you get a dream or even a “feeling.” Rather, the istikhara is a prayer that Allah guide you towards that which is best (khayr) for you. If you do the prayer of guidance (istikhara) with the proper manners, the most important of which is to truly consign the matter to Allah and suspend your own inclinations, then Allah will make events unfold in the direction that is the best for your worldly and next-worldly affairs.

Faraz Rabbani.

InshaAllah it is of help

As for performing Istikhara after every salah, please see the following:

Method

The method of istikhārah is to perform two rak'āt at any time of the day, other than the times when nafl salāh is forbidden. It is preferable to recite Sūrah Al-Kāfirūn in the first rak'ah and Sūrah Al-Ikhlās in the second. Thereafter one should praise Allāh ta'ālā, send salāh upon the Prophet sallallāhu 'alayhi wasallam and then recite the following du'ā

O Allāh! I seek goodness from You, through Your Knowledge, and I seek strength through Your Power and ask for Your great Bounty, for You are able to do things while I am not, and You know while I do not; and You are the Knower of the Unseen. O Allāh, if You know that this matter [name your matter] is good for me, in respect to my Dīn, my worldly life and the consequence of my affairs, then decree it for me and make it easy for me, and then grant me barakah in it. And if You know that this matter [name your matter] is bad for me in respect to my Dīn, my worldly life and the consequence of my affairs, then turn it away from me and turn me away from it, and decree for me what is good, wherever it may be, and make me be pleased with it. (Al-Bukhārī)

If after the initial istikhārah you remain unsure about something, then perform istikhārah for 3, 5, or 7 days. Inshā'allāh within seven days the heart will feel at ease.

• 4 years later...