IslamicTeachings.org

Youngster MUSLIM - plea for help against the evil of the internet!

I am Pakistani boy.brought up using Internet alone in my room watching movies and sexual contents

As I got all these facilities when I was child.my friend all around are also like all are having these bad habits.now I want I am 25 year old.want to get rid of all this and become a good Muslim youngster.

But when I start prayer or good proper routine as Muslim I can not maintain it for longer period.because of my friends and because of all bad things I have tasted in my life.and all environment around.

I really want to be a good Muslim.how chould I counter my weakness to become good.

I fear ot take guidense from normal ( imam masjid or sheikh) around us.because they are not good Muslims I know their lifes.they are less educated how a person a person can guide me who have not ever used computer in his life.

I do not know how to approach good scholars

I do not know is this topic can discussed here or not it's my try plz dear members help me out

:sl:

Young brother in Islam, InshaAllah we will do our best to help as best we can from what we have learnt from Ulama. However the best thing is to have guidance from qualified scholars. InshaAllah we will provide a few links to make contact with pious Ulama which you can use. InshaAllah the use of the internet can become beneficial for you by using it to turn towrards Allah ta'ala Who has blessed us with the eyes, ears etc. which we use to disobey Him.

First and foremost we should make SHUKR to Allah for the tawfeeq of even wanting to change! Alhamdulillah!

Secondly sincere TAWBAH. The conditions for tawbah to be accepted are as follows:

1.    To desist from committing it.

2.    To feel sorry for committing it.

3.    To make firm intention not to recommit the sin

Please read more on tawbah HERE

Thirdly please make contact with anyone of the following Ulama for guidance. There is nothing to lose. Do not let shaytaan hold you back.

Mufti Zubair Dudha (Hafizahullah)

Islamic Tarbiyah Aacdemy

Contact Page

45 Boothroyd Lane, West Town,

Dewsbury, WF13 2RB

Tel-Fax: (01924) 450422

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee

Al-Haadi - Madrasah Taleemuddeen

Contact Page

Ispingo Beach

South Africa

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

AskImam.org

Contact Page

There are many beneficial posts in the various categories on this forum, we hope you will take advantage

InshaAllah this is of help. If you need any more help please do not hesitate to ask. Also please note that the picture from the avatar has been removed. Please read rules Here

• Like 2

Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:

Alhamdulillah, I agree with what sister Ummitaalib has shared. I would like to add a few things here and these may seem harsh but inshaallah will prove helpful:

1. Judgement: While our community imams or mashaykh may lack experience with the internet (which is not such a bad thing), perhaps it would be more beneficial to turn our judgment inward and reflect on what we lack - knowledge of the deen, and be most grateful to Allah Ta'aala for being blessed with ulema to help guide us.
  2. Time: A part of making an effort to change involves redirecting our time and energies to beneficial activities, rather than wasting it on frivolous activities and talk. We could spend less time socializing and more time helping family members with tasks, reading beneficial texts, and enrolling in courses to learn the deen. Time is too valuable to waste in such a way.
  3. Avoidance: We should avoid using things that we have formed bad habits with. If it is the internet, avoid it as much as possible. If complete avoidance is not possible, put restrictions on your use and try your hardest to observe those restrictions. Move your computer to a public area in your house so you are less tempted to do wrong with it.
  4. Meet with ulema face-to-face if possible.

May Allah Ta'aala make it easy for you to leave those things which are harmful and easy for you to draw close to those activities that are most pleasing to Him. Ameen.

• Like 2

If I may add,

Contact with Ulama; is of utmost importance. Contact includes listening to the talks by Ulama as well as visiting them and taking guidance from them.

In Pakistan there are many Ulama who can be contacted. Just to name a few on whom information can be easily obtained by using Google...

Shaykh Mufti Taqi Uthmani and  Rafi Uthmani

Shaykh Zufiqar Naqshbandi and his khulafa

The Khulafa of the late Shaykh Hakeem Akhtar raheemahullah

The Khulafa of Mufti Rasheed Ahmad Ludhyanwi raheemahullah

• Like 2

InshaAllah your plea for help becomes a means of guidance for yourself and many more, so I have taken the liberty to edit the title so others can benefit inshaAllah and I would like to add the following which I heard form Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat of the Islamic Da'wah Academy...

Those who err and remember Allah!

Regarding verse 3: 135

وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُوا فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ

And those who if they made/did an enormous/atrocious deed , they caused injustice (to) themselves, they mentioned/remembered God, so they asked for forgiveness for their crimes, and who forgives the crimes except God? And they did not insist/persist on what they made/did, and they know

The respected shaykh said we all err however the friends of Allah are those who when they err, they

ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ  "Remember Allah".

They turn to him and make the connection strong once more. They are not proud....and Who forgive sins except Allah ta'ala?

• Like 2

My English is not good hope it's not issue here

No issue at all. If unclear we will ask for clarification

I have read full tawbah topics suggested by sister.was really helpfull and encourage me a lot.I will say this forum is really good,easy to use and we get different opinion n hope to purify our soul.This forum is great

Allah ta'ala accept everyone's efforts and make it a means of benefit for all of us in both worlds. Jazaakallaah

• Like 2