IslamicTeachings.org

Virtues of Ramadaan

ummtaalib

Virtues of Ramadaan # 1

Ameen of Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)

Sayyiduna Ka’b Ibne ‘Ujrah (radhiyallahu anhu) relates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said, “Come near the pulpit,” and we came near the pulpit. When he ascended the first step of the pulpit, he said, “Aameen.” When he ascended the second step, he said, “Aameen.” When he ascended the third step, he said, “Aameen.” When he descended, we said, “O the Nabi of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam),we have heard from you today something which we never heard before.”

He said, “When I ascended the first step, Jibra’eel appeared before me and said, ‘Woe to him who found the blessed month of Ramadhaan and let it pass by without gaining forgiveness.’ Upon that I said: Aameen.

When I ascended the second step, he said, ‘Woe to him before whom your name is mentioned and he does not read durood (Salawaat) upon you.’ I replied: Aameen.

When I ascended the third step he said, ‘Woe to him in whose presence his parents or either one of them attains old age, and (through failure to serve them ) he is not allowed to enter Paradise.’ I said: Aameen.”

Source

Virtues of Ramadaan # 2

Ramadan-is-the-month-of-Patience.png

Sayyiduna Salmaan (radhiyallahu anhu) relates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said, “Ramadhaan is a blessed month. In this month is a night better than a 1000 months. Fasting has been made compulsory and Taraaweeh Sunnah. Whosoever tries drawing nearer to Allah by performing any virtuous deed in this month, for him shall be such reward as if he had performed a ‘Fardh’ in any other time of the year. And whoever performs a ‘Fardh’ for him shall be the reward of seventy ‘Fardh’ in any other time of the year.

This is indeed the month of patience, and the reward for patience is Paradise; it is the month of sympathy with one’s fellowmen; this is the month wherein a true believer’s Rizq is increased.”

Bayhaqee

Virtues of Ramadaan # 3

Special gifts to the Ummah

In this month, the Ummah of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) are given these things specially:

The smell from the mouth of a fasting person is more sweeter in the sight of Allah than the fragrant smell of musk. On their behalf the fish in the sea seek forgiveness until they break their fast. For them, Paradise is decorated everyday. For them, the evil minded Shaytaan is chained. On the last night of Ramadhaan they are forgiven. (Ahmad)

During each day and night of this month, Allah Ta’ala  sets free a great number of souls from Hell. And for every Muslim during each day and night, at least one prayer (Du’aa) is certainly accepted. (Bazzaaz)