IslamicTeachings.org

Small Deeds, Big Reward!

Small Deeds, Big Reward!

Taken from sunniforum.com

This will, insh.gif, help raise our iman and increase our hope for Allah's mercy.

Jannah for removing obstacles from a pathway:

Abu Hurairra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A man passed by a fallen branch in the middle of the road and said, 'By Allah, I will remove this from the path of the Muslims so that it does not inconvenience them' and he was admitted into the Garden." [Muslim]

• Like 1

Prostitute forgiven for showing compassion to a dog:

Narrated Abu Hurairah that Allah's Apostle said, "A prostitute was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her because of that." [bukhari]

Paradise for giving call to prayer:

On the authority of Uqbah ibn Amir (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say:

"Your Lord delights at a shepherd who, on the peak of a mountain crag, gives the call to prayer and prays. Then Allah (glorified and exalted be He) will say: 'Look at this servant of Mine, he gives the call to prayer and performs the prayers; he is in awe of Me. I have forgiven My servant [his sins] and have admitted him to Paradise.'" [An-Nasa'i]

• Like 1

Giving water to a dog:

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "While a man was walking on his way he became extremely thirsty. He found a well, he went down into it to drink water. Upon leaving it, he saw a dog which was panting out of thirst. His tongue was lolling out and he was eating moist earth from extreme thirst. The man thought to himself: `This dog is extremely thirsty as I was.' So he descended into the well, filled up his leather sock with water, and holding it in his teeth, climbed up and quenched the thirst of the dog. Allah appreciated his action and forgave his sins". The Companions asked: "Shall we be rewarded for showing kindness to the animals also?'' He (PBUH) said, "A reward is given in connection with every living creature". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

• Like 1

Forgiving a loan:

On the authority of Abu Mas'ud al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:

"A man from among those who were before you was called to account. Nothing in the way of good was found for him except that he used to have dealings with people and, being well-to-do, he would order his servants to let off the man in straitened circumstances [from repaying his debt]." He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said that Allah said: "We are worthier than you of that (of being so generous). Let him off." [Muslim (also by al-Bukhari and an-Nasa'i).]

• Like 1

Sitting in good gatherings:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), who said:

"Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, filling in that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven." He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: 'From where have you come?' And they say: 'We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You.' He says: 'And what do they ask of Me?' They say: 'They ask of You Your Paradise.' He says: 'And have they seen My Paradise?' They say: 'No, O Lord.' He says: 'And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise!' They say: 'And they ask protection of You.' He says: 'From what do they ask protection of Me?' They say: 'From Your Hell-fire, O Lord.' He says: 'And have they seen My Hell-fire?' They say: 'No.' He says: 'And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire!' They say: 'And they ask for Your forgiveness.'" He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Then He says: 'I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for, and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection.'" He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "They say: 'O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them.'" He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "And He says: 'And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.'"

[Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).]

• Like 1

Loving your fellow Muslim for the sake of Allah:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:

'Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade.'"

[bukhari (also by Malik).]

Having the Fear of Allah:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: 'When I have died, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else].' So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: 'Produce what you have taken - and there he was!' And He said to him: 'What induced you to do what you did?' He said: 'Being afraid of You, O my Lord (or he said: 'Being frightened of You'),' and because of that He forgave him."

[Muslim (also by Al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).]

Asking for Forgiveness:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

"A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: 'O Allah, forgive me my sin.' And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: 'My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them.' Then he sinned again and said: 'O Lord, forgive me my sin.' And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: 'My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them.' Then he sinned again and said: 'O Lord, forgive me my sin.' And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: 'My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.'"

[Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).]

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say:

"Allah the Almighty said:

'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.'"

[At-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.]

Uttering the Shahada:

`Ubadah bin As-Samit (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "He who bears witness that there is no true god except Allah, alone having no partner with Him, that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger, that `Isa (Jesus) is His slave and Messenger and he (Jesus) is His Word which He communicated to Maryam (Mary) and His spirit which He sent to her, that Jannah is true and Hell is true; Allah will make him enter Jannah accepting whatever deeds he accomplished".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Mu`adh bin Jabal was riding on the beast with the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam), when he (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said to him, "O Mu`adh!'' Mu`adh replied, "Here I am responding to you, and at your pleasure, O Messenger of Allah.'' He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) again called out, "O Mu`adh.'' He (again) replied, "Here I am responding your call, and at your pleasure.'' He (Messenger of Allah) addressed him (again), "O Mu`adh!'' He replied, "Here I am responding to you, and at your pleasure, O Messenger of Allah.'' Upon this he (the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)) said, "If anyone testifies sincerely that there is no true god except Allah, and Muhammad is His slave and Messenger, truly from his heart, Allah will safeguard him from Hell.'' He (Mu`adh) said, "O Messenger of Allah, shall I not then inform people of it, so that they may have glad tidings.'' He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) replied, "Then they will rely on it alone (and thus give up good works altogether).'' Mu`adh (May Allah be pleased with him) disclosed this Hadith at the time of his death, to avoid sinning for concealing.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abudhar (RZA) narrates that the Prophet (SAW) said: One who uttered (in sincerety) the Kalimah La Ilaha Illallah and died having faith therein, certainly he would enter Jannah. Abudhar says: I asked the Prophet (SAW), even if the person has committed fornication and theft? The Prophet (SAW) responded: yes, though he has committed fornication and theft; (Abudhar says) I said again, even if he has committed fornication and theft? The Prophet (SAW) said: Yes, though he has committed fornication and theft. (Abudhar says) I again asked: Even if he has committed fornication and theft? The Prophet (SAW) said: Yes, even if he has committed fornication and theft on the contrary to the will of Abudhar. [bukhari]

"Announce to the people the tidings that whoever says: No god except Allah alone, without partner, Paradise is guaranteed for him." [Nasa'i]

Reward for Reciting each letter of Holy Qur’aan.

“Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.” [Tirmidhi]

Reward for Intended Good Deeds:

On the authority of Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both), from the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), among the sayings he related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He) is that He said:

"Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones." Then He explained it [by saying that] "he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed."

[bukhari and Muslim]

Receiving Such Rewards that Others cannot Reach One

sun-rays-300x139.jpg

One should recite the following one hundred times:

سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ

Glory be to Allah Ta’ala, together with (reciting) His praises

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال من قال حين يصبح وحين يمسي سبحان الله وبحمده مائة مرة لم يأت أحد يوم القيامة بأفضل مما جاء به إلا أحد قال مثل ما قال وزاد عليه (ترمذي رقم 3469)

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The one who recites the following duaa in the morning and evening one hundred times receives such abundant reward that none from the creation will come on the day of Qiyaamah with the amount of reward that he will have except the one who recites the same or recites more (or something greater):

سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ

Ihyaauddeen.co.za

Reward for Hajj and Umrah

Anas ibn Malik narrated that the Prophet said: "Whoever prays Fajr Prayer in congregation, and then sits and remembers Allah until the sun rises, then (after a while) prays two rak`has, he will gain a reward equal to that of making perfect Hajj and `Umrah. [The Prophet repeated the word "perfect" thrice.] (At-Tirmidhi)

Serving one’s Parents:

Sayyiduna Anas (radiyallahu’anhu) reports that a man came to  Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) and said: “I wish to participate in Jihaad, but I cannot afford it” Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) enquird if any of his parents were alive, to which he said: “Yes! My mother is alive” Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “Show Allah how your serve her. If you do so (duly) you will be like a: Haaji, a Mu’tamir (one doing ‘Umrah) and a Mujaahid (One striving in Allah’s way).”

(Abu Ya’la, hadith:2760, and Tabarani with good chains.-Targheeb, vol.3, pg. 315 & Mukhtasar Ithaaf, hadith:5721)

al-miftah.com

• 2 weeks later...

Last 3 verses of Surah Al-Hashr (Chapter 59) morning and evening (after Fajar & Maghrib)

عن معقل بن يسار عن النبي -صلى الله عليه وسلم- قال: (من قال حين يصبح ثلاث مرات: أعوذ بالله السميع العليم من الشيطان الرجيم، ثم قرآ ثلاث آيات من آخر سورة الحشر وكل به سبعين ألف ملك يصلون عليه حتى يمسي، وإن مات في ذلك اليوم مات شهيداً، ومن قالها حين يمسي كان بتلك المنزلة

It was narrated from Sayyidina Ma’qil ibn Yasaar (RA) that the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said: “Whoever says three times each morning, ‘A’oodhu Billaah il-samee’ il-‘aleem min al-shaytaan il-rajeem (I seek refuge with Allaah the All-Hearing, All-Knowing, from the accursed Shaytaan), and recites the last three verses of Soorat al-Hashr, Allaah will send seventy thousand angels to send blessings upon him until evening comes, and if he dies on that day he will die a martyr. And whoever says that in the evening, will be given a similar status.[Tirmidhi]

Taken from central-mosque.com

Four Phrases that are Heavier on the Scales than an Entire Morning of Dhikrullah (Remembrance of Allah):

The Mother of the Believers, Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith reported that the Prophet came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet said, Are you still in the same position as I left you.” I replied in the affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet said, “I recited four phrases three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. These are:

Subhan-Allah Wa bihamdihi, ‘adada khalqihi, wa rida-a nafsihi, wa zinatah ‘arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi

(Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise).” (Muslim)

islaaminfo

• 3 months later...

The reward of 40 million good deeds

Rasulullaah (SAW) said that the person who recites the following Du’aa ten times daily will receive the reward of 40 million good deeds:

أَشْهَدُ اَنْ لَّآ إِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهٗ لَا شَرِيْكَ لَهٗ اِلٰهًا وَاحِدًا

أَحَدًا صَمَدًا لَّمْ يَتَّخِذْ صَاحِبَةً وَّلَآ وَلَدًا وَّلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهٗ كُفُوًا اَحَدْ

“Ash-hadu Allah Ilaaha Illall-lahu Wahdahu Laa Shareeka-Lahu Ilaahan Waahidan Ahadan Samadan Lam Yattakhidh Sahibatan Wala Waladan Walam Yakul-lahu Kufu-wan Ahad”

TRANSLATION: I bear witness that there is no illah but Allaah, Who is Alone, Who has no partner. The One illaah, only One, Independent, Who has neither taken a wife nor children, and there is none equal to Him.

[Tirmidhi 3474, from Hadhrat Tameem Daari (RA)]

Madrasah in Just 5 Minutes
Translation edited by
Mufti A.H.Elias-May Allaah protect him

• 2 months later...

Time is Precious, What can be Accomplished in One Minute!

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam said: “When I say ‘Subhaanallah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah illallah, wallahu akbar (Glory be to Allah, praise be to Allah, there is no god except Allah, and Allah is Most Great)’, this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.” (Narrated by Muslim).

In one minute, you can say the above words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to Allah, the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the Saheeh Ahaadith.

In one minute you can say Subhaanallahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaanallaa-hil-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allah, glory be to Allah the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

In one minute you can say Subhaanallahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.

In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa Billaah (there is no strength and no power except with Allah) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha illallah approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person, he will enter Paradise, and there are other Ahaadith which indicate how great these words are.

In one minute you can say Subhaanallah wa bi hamdih, ‘adada khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allah, as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh and dhikr, as was reported in Saheeh Ahaadith from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allah more than 100 times by saying Astaghfirullah (I seek the forgiveness of Allah). The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one’s strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one’s wealth and children.

In one minute you can send blessings on Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam  50 times by saying Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam  (May Allah bless him and grant him peace). In return Allah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because one blessing brings ten like it.

In one minute you can recite Surah al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwallaa-hu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan. If you read it 20 times it is equivalent to reading the Qur’aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and 7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the Qur’aan 2400 times.

In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allah, to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of ‘Uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allah). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.

These actions are also among the greatest means of attaining happiness, expanding the chest (i.e., bringing relief and joy) and removing stress and anxiety. May Allah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

Jamiatul Ulama (KZN)

Council of Muslim Theologians

• 1 month later...