IslamicTeachings.org

Reward for performing four rakaats Sunnat before Zuhr Salaah

MUSLIM WOMAN

:sl:

Q: I have read this at many places that four rakaats (sunnat-e-muakkadah) before zuhar salaah is equivalent in reward to Tahajjud salah. Can you please let me know if there is any Sahih hadith proving this?

A: The Hadeeth appears in At-Targheeb wat Tarheeb; Hadeeth number: 840

عن البراء بن عازب رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال من صلى قبل الظهر أربع ركعات كأنما تهجد بهن من ليلته ومن صلاهن بعد العشاء كمثلهن من ليلة القدر

It is reported from Hazrat Bara' bin Aazib (Radiyallahu Anhu) that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "The one who performs the four rakaats sunnat-e-muakkadah before zuhr receives the reward as though her performed four rakaats of tahajjud and the one who performs four rakaats after esha salaah receives the reward of performing four rakaats on the night of Qadar."

And Allah Ta'ala knows best.

وروي عن البراء بن عازب رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال من صلى قبل الظهر أربع ركعات كأنما تهجد بهن من ليلته ومن صلاهن بعد العشاء كمثلهن من ليلة القدر (الترغيب والترهيب 1/453) قال الهيثمي في مجمع الزوائد:  رواه الطبراني في الأوسط وفيه ناهض بن سالم الباهلي وغيره ولم أجد من ذكرهم (2/220)

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

• Dawah Team

:sl:

Are there four rakats sunnat after esha   according  to Hanafi  Madhab ? 

I  was  taught   there are two rakats only. Which one is correct?

wa `alaykumus-salaam

I believe the phrase "four rakaats after esha salaat" refers to the 2 sunnah plus the 2 nafl immediately after, adding up to 4. 

Im assuming this as this is also how some `ulamaa' refer to the 2 sunnah and 2 nafl after dhur. Rather than dffierentiate, they'll just combine the two and say, ""4 rakaats after dhur".

wallaahu a`lam.

• Like 2