IslamicTeachings.org

Mother of Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmaani

ummtaalib

A Pillar of Support to Grand-Muftis

Mother of Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmaani (hafizahullah) – Part One

Mufti Muhammad Shafee’ (rahimahullah) was a great scholar and the Grand Mufti of Pakistan. He rendered great services for this Ummah. Allah Ta‘ala blessed his progeny with great knowledge and piety. Two of his sons, Mufti Muhammad Rafee’ Usmaani and Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmaani (hafizahumallah), are world renowned muftis. However his wife played a vital role in all of this goodness. 

Her son, Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmaani (hafizahullah), writes: “The biggest support to me in life, after my father’s death, was my mother. Her compassion was a cure for all worries and her affectionate look would remove the bitterness of all the difficulties of life. My father’s entire life was devoted to the cause of Islam and my mother supported him through all the turbulent times. Infact, she had relieved him largely from all domestic worries to allow him to serve deen untroubled. Because of this, insha-Allah she would definitely receive a great share in all the good works my honorable father had done.” (Nuqooshe Raftagaa pg. 159-160)    

Lesson: This is the need of the time: Mothers who will inspire and motivate their children with Islamic values, and wives who will support their husbands in the effort of deen. We should never become obstacles in the spread of Islam. Our concern should be the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala and the progress of deen.

Mother’s Lap – The First Classroom

Mother of Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmaani (hafizahullah) – Part Two

Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmaani (hafizahullah) writes: “My mother’s lap was not only a cradle, rather it was a vibrant centre of learning and nurturing. She educated me not with books, but with her practical life. Although she was not a graduate of a college, university or madrasah, and had limited home education, she possessed such impeccable character and such a knack of nurturing which is not even found in professional women who hold high qualifications. Patience, contentment, sacrifice, preferring others, and courage were all her second nature. Apart from this, she also taught me the elementary Urdu books, since there were no organized deeni institutes when we moved over to Pakistan.” (Nuqooshe Raftagaa pg. 160)   

Lesson: The mother’s lap has generally been the place where all great people were nurtured. Many great luminaries in Islamic history were in fact orphans and were raised single-handed by their mothers. However this is only possible if the mother is focused towards inculcating true values in the child.

The Rights of Allah Ta‘ala and the Rights of the Family

Mother of Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmaani (hafizahullah) – Part Three

Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmaani Saheb (hafizahullah) writes: “Allah Ta‘ala had blessed my mother with a passion for carrying out optional acts of worship. Until before she became bed-ridden, she would never miss her practices of Quraan recitation, du‘aa, zikr, tasbeeh and nafl (optional) salaah. From the break of dawn till mid-night, she would be busy seeing to the children, serving my father and taking care of her elderly mother-in-law, to such an extent that she would never get a break during this entire duration. Yet her spiritual practices never suffered. These practices continued even after she became bed-ridden. When she became paralysed and even exempted from doing these practices, then too she would face the qiblah at the time of salaah and read whatever she could manage. A few days before her demise, whilst turning towards the qiblah, she had a second attack of paralysis and fell on to the bed. Whilst she was in this state of uneasiness, I saw her moving her hand, trying to look for something under her pillow. I realised that she wanted her tasbeeh which used to be kept there. When I passed it to her, although she didn’t have the ability to recite with her tongue, she continuously moved the beads of the tasbeeh with her hand until she became unconscious. A few days later she left this world. Thus the last two things that she did whilst she was conscious were, turning to the qiblah for salaah, and moving the beads of the tasbeeh.” (Nuqooshe Raftagaa pg. 162)    

Lesson: A famous statement declares: “As you live, so will you die.” Those who devoted their lives to Allah Ta‘ala, they eventually meet Allah Ta‘ala in such a wonderful way. If we also wish to have a wonderful death, let us start living an excellent life - a life that is free from sins and filled with righteous actions.