IslamicTeachings.org

The Concern of a Muslim - Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel (Rahmatullahi 'alayh)

amaturrahmaan

• Dawah Team
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

shoe_shine.jpg

When you go to Delhi, Bombay or Calcutta and such places in India, you find many ‘shoe shine boys’ on the streets, who will shine your shoes.

The interest and sole concern of these shoe shine boys is the person’s shoes, whether the person walking by is the president, a lawyer, an ‘Aalim[1] or a Mufti[2]. The shoes of anyone and everyone that crosses their paths draws the attention of these shoe shine boys.

If the shoes are dirty or they are not in a ‘tip-top’ and shining condition, then these shoe shine boys invite you to have your shoes cleaned and polished. Their interest in shoes does not mean that they do not eat, drink, marry, etc. although it does seem that their only objective and purpose in life is shining shoes.

The following came to my mind having observed this when I was in India : This is the concern, concentration and single-mindedness of these boys – in earning a living.

Similarly, the sole concern and attention of the Muslim should be the Deen[3] of Allah Ta’ala: How can it be brought into my life ? How can it remain in my life?

Deen takes priority because our lives, salvation and success depend on it. As such we will do everything according to Deen - and Deen is such that it encompasses every aspect of life. Our priority and focus is then conforming to Qur`aan and Sunnah. We work on bringing our characters, business dealings, social dealings, family life, etc. in line with the teachings of Shariah and Sunnah[4]. We work towards establishing balance and harmony in fulfilling both the rights of Allah Ta’ala and the rights of creation.

Earning the Pleasure of Allah Ta’ala and earning Jannah in the Hereafter is the concern, concentration and single-mindedness of the Muslim.

Moreover, there is also a deep-hearted concern that others too become practical on Deen, and the effort is made in inviting others to Islam.

[1] ‘Aalim : Scholar of Islam
[2] Mufti : An expert is Islamic Law and Jurisprudence
[3] Deen : religion
[4] Sunnah : Practices of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) and his noble  companions  (RA).

• Like 1