IslamicTeachings.org

Quotes/Advices on Marriage

ummtaalib

What time is FAJR JAMA'AH in your local masjid ?

Someone came to a father, asking him for the hand of his daughter in marriage:

”Sir I am ready to pay her any Mahr she wants! I have already a house and a car … If you let me marry your daughter, I would treat her like a princess”

The father told him:“There is only one Mahr you can pay! For that, I will ask you one question, if you give me the right answer, I will let you marry my daughter… I won’t ask you to give my daughter wealth, house or high status; I want you just to give me the right answer for my question!”

The boy was so happy and he accepted the condition of the father.The father looked straight into the eyes of the young man and asked :”In which time the Adhan of Fajr (call for fajr prayer) is called exactly?“

The young man’s face turned to red then yellow, he replied after a long time thinking: ”I guess it’s at 4am? no … I mean 3 maybe?! Honestly Sir, I don’t know!”...

“Dear son” said the father smiling: ”I don’t care of your high status or your bank account! My daughter is so precious, she is like a princess to me with her Hijab and purity so she needs someone who treats her like a queen! No one would make her happy more than a man who fears Allah and obeys Him. Only a righteous husband would give her an unlimited happiness by helping her to get closer to Allah."

• 2 months later...

Nikah – An extremely Easy Ibaadat in Deen

Simplicity_Wallpaper_1920x1200_by_Seph_t

Hazrat Shaikh Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) mentioned:

“I got two of my daughters and about seventeen of my children and grand children married. In every marriage Allah Ta‘ala blessed me with His grace to such an extent that one could not tell (on account of the simplicity) whether it was a nikaah or 2 rakaats of nafl salaah. Nikaah is an ‘ibaadat which unfortunately people have converted into a calamity. (Malfoozaate Hazrat Shaikh 1/93)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

When the Husband is Angry

"If a husband becomes angry at his wife, he should stop and think to himself, ‘How would I expect my son in law to treat my daughter if she made a mistake?

My wife is also someone’s daughter and I am also someone’s son-in-law. Therefore, I should control my temper and treat her appropriately.’”

Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat

shaykh.org

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping the Balance

balance.jpg

In this world everything goes well if it is in correct proportion. If the tyres in a car are inflated in correct proportion, then the car will move smoothly. Accordingly, if all the vitamins in the body are well-balanced then one will enjoy a good quality of life, otherwise one’s health will suffer and life will be difficult. By the same token, you are in a marital life and you want it to continue well. So the proportion of attachment and affinity needs to be right between the people that you have in your life. If you do not give quality time to your wife and instead you give more time to work then this will cause instability and your life will be rocky. Moulana Thanwi (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) used to say that the fight between the husband and wife is the root of all fights.

Source: Al-Haadi

• 1 month later...

What qualities should one look for in the person one wishes to get married to

Q: When one intends nikaah, what qualities should one look for in the person one wishes to get married to?

b.jpg

A: When choosing a life partner, the Hadith teaches us that apart from basing one's choice on beauty and good looks, one should look at the level of Deen in the person one wishes to marry. If one finds the person to be from a pious family and the person also is pious, possessing good character and committed to Deen and one finds the person to be compatible to one in other aspects, then one should marry such a person.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

باب ما جاء في من تضرون دينه فزوجوه - حدثنا قتيبة حدثنا عبد الحميد بن سليمان عن ابن عجلان عن ابن وثيمة النصري عن أبي هريرة قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم إذا خطب إليكم من ترضون دينه وخلقه فزوجوه إلا تفعلوا تكن فتنة في الأرض وفساد عريض قال وفي الباب عن أبي حاتم و المزني و عائشة قال أبو عيسى حديث أبي هريرة قد خولف عبد الحميد بن سليمان في هذا الحديث ورواه الليث بن سعد عن ابن عجلان عن أبي هريرة عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم مرسلا قال أبو عيسى قال محمد وحديث الليث أشبه ولم يعد حديث عبد الحميد محفوظا

حدثنا محمد بن عمرو السواق البلخي حدثنا حاتم بن إسماعيل عن عبد الله بن مسلم بن هرمز عن محمد و سعيد ابني عبيد عن أبي حاتم المزني قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم إذا جاءكم من ترضون دينه وخلقه فأنكحوه إلا تفعلوا تكن فتنة في الأرض وفساد قالوا يا رسول الله ! وإن كان فيه ؟ قال إذا جاءكم من ترضون دينه وخلقه فأنكحوه ثلاث مرات قال أبو عيسى هذا حديث حسن غريب و أبو حاتم المزني له صحبة ولا نعرف له عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم غير هذا الحديث

باب ما جاء في من ينكح على ثلاث خصال - حدثنا أحمد بن محمد بن موسى أخبرنا إسحق بن يوسف الأزرق أخبرنا عبد الملك بن أبي سليمان عن عطاء عن جابر : أن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال إن المرأة تنكح على دينها ومالها وجمالها فعليك بذات الدين تربت يداك قال وفي الباب عن عوف بن مالك و عائشة و عبد الله بن عمرو و أبي سعيد قال أبو عيسى حديث جابر حديث حسن صحيح (سنن الترمذي رقم 1084 ، 1085 ، 1086)

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال تنكح المرأة لأربع لمالها ولحسبها وجمالها ولدينها فاظفر بذات الدين تربت يداك (صحيح البخاري رقم 5090)

ويندب إعلانه وتقديم خطبة وكونه في مسجد يوم جمعة بعاقد رشيد وشهود عدول والاستدانة له والنظر إليها قبله وكونها دونه سنا وحسبا وعزا ومالا وفوقه خلقا وأدبا وورعا وجمالا

قال الشامي : قوله ( دونه سنا ) لئلا يسرع عقمها فلا تلد قوله ( وحسبا ) هو ما تعده من مفاخر آبائك ح عن القاموس أي بأن يكون الأصول أصحاب شرف وكرم وديانة لأنها إذا كانت دونه في ذلك وكذا في العز أي الجاه والرفعة وفي المال تنقاد له ولا تحتقره وإلا ترفعت عليه وفي الفتح روى الطبراني عن أنس عنه من تزوج مرأة لعزها لم يزده الله إلا ذلا ومن تزوجها لمالها لم يزده الله إلا فقرا ومن تزوجها لحسبها لم يزده الله إلا دناءة ومن تزوج مرأة لم يرد بها إلا أن يغض بصره ويحصن فرجه أو يصل رحمه بارك الله له فيها وبارك لها فيه تتمة زاد في البحر ويختار أيسر النساء خطبة ومؤنة ونكاح البكر أحسن للحديث عليكم بالأبكار فإنهن أعذب أفواها وأنقى أرحاما وأرضى باليسير ولا يتزوج طويلة مهزولة ولا قصيرة دميمة ولا مكثرة ولا سيئة الخلق ولا ذات الولد ولا مسنة للحديث سوداء ولود خير من حسناء عقيم ولا يتزوج الأمة مع طول الحرة ولا زانية والمرأة تختار الزوج الدين الحسن الخلق الجواد الموسر ولا تتزوج فاسقا ولا يزوج ابنته الشابة شيخا كبيرا ولا رجلا دميما ويزوجها كفؤا فإن خطبها الكفء لا يؤخرها وهو كل مسلم تقي وتحلية البنات بالحلي والحلل ليرغب فيهن الرجال سنة ولايخطب مخطوبة غيره لأنه جفاء وخيانة اه (رد المحتار 3/ 8)

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

• 4 weeks later...

Obtaining Tranquility and Peace in one’s Nikah

Allah Ta‘ala says that He has created a spouse and a wife for man so that he will gain tranquility. However, to get the desired results of anything you will have to follow the required system. If a student did not study and then failed, he cannot complain about not passing, for he did not follow the correct procedure. Someone is driving at 200 km per hour and then decides to take a 180 degree turn, he will definitely meet in an accident. If he followed proper procedures then he would have saved himself from harm. Similarly, a wife has to be used and treated correctly in order for her to become the means of obtaining tranquility and peace in one's nikah.

Source: Al-Haadi