IslamicTeachings.org

The Accepted Whispers: Munajaat-e-Maqbul

Assalamualikum

Jzk Allah khair for such a wonderful forum.

Im a part of 2 private Islamic watsapp groups where we study tafseer and hadith and other useful Islamic knowledge. After seeing this forum, I like to start a series on these duas in that group since this is going to be very useful for our members. Can I post these duas and notes in that group with your permission?

Wassaallmualikum

Waalaikummussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu and welcome to the forum:

The posts in this thread are taken directly out of the book itself (with the source noted under each post). You are welcome to access these as you wish however, I would caution against self study. There are many wonderful efforts by qualified scholars that might be of benefit to you and your friends. Our scholars work hard to help maintain a strong link to knowledge for us and inshaallah we can all turn to them to learn. 

Wa'assalaam alaikum

• 5 months later...

DU’AA FOR COMFORT THROUGH OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP

اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْ حُبَّكَ أَحَبَّ الْأَشْيَاءِ إِلَيَّ، وَاجْعَلْ خَشْيَتَكَ أَخْوَفَ الْأَشْيَاءِ عِنْدِيْ، وَاقْطَعْ عَنِّيْ حَاجَاتِ الدُّنْيَا بِالشَّوْقِ إِلىٰ لِقَائِكَ، وَإِذَا أَقْرَرْتَ أَعْيُنَ أَهْلِ الدُّنْيَا مِنْ دُنْيَا هُمْ فَأَقْرِرْ عَيْنِيْ مِنْ عِبَادَتِكَ ـ

Allaahummaj-‘al hubbaka ahabbal-‘ashyaa’i ilayy(a), waj-‘al khashyataka akhwafal-‘ashyaa’i ‘indii, waq-ta’ ‘annii haajaatid-dunyaa bish-shawqi ilaa liqaa’ik(a), wa idhaa aqrarta a’yuna ahlid-dunyaa min dunyaahum fa aqrir ‘aynii min ‘ibaadatik. (Al-Haytham ibn Malik At-Ta’i. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3648)

O Allah, make Your love the dearest and make Your fear the most frightening of all things to me. Cut off worldly needs from me by giving me the longing to meet You. And as You bring comfort to the eyes of the men of the world with their worldly possessions, bring comfort to my eyes with Your obedience and worship.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and transliteration of du’aa #120 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA FOR HEALTH

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ الصِّحَّةَ، وَالْعِفَّةَ، وَالْأَمَانَةَ، وَحُسْنَ الْخُلُقِ، وَالرِّضَا بِالْقَدَرِـ

Allaahumma innii as’alukas-sihhat(ta), wal-‘iffa(ta), wal-‘amaana(ta), wa husnal-khuluq(i), war-ridaa bil qadar. (‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘As. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3650)

O Allah, I beg You for health, chastity, integrity, good character, and acceptance of fate.

~~~Ameen~~~

Health is the first item in this list because its absence affects a person’s ability to worship Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) in addition to affecting his ability to enjoy this worldly life. The other qualities mentioned are all attributes of imaan. Like imaan itself, they can come to us through the blessings of Allah.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #121 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

DU’AA FOR GOOD EXPECTATIONS FROM AND SINCERE RELIANCE ON ALLAH TA’AALA

اَللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ شُكْرًا وَّلَكَ الْمَنُّ فَضْلًاـ اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ اتَّوْفِيْقَ لِمَحَابِّكَ مِنَ الْأَعْهَالِ، وَصِدْقَ التَّوَكُّلِ عَلَيْكَ، وَ حُسْنَ الظَّنِّ بِكَ ـ

Allaahumma lakal-hamdu shukran wa lakal-mannu fadla(n). Allaahumma innii as’alukat-tawfiiqa limahaabbika minal-‘a’maal(i), wa sidqat-tawakkuli ‘alayk(a), wa husnaz-zanni bik. (Composite: Ka’b ibn ‘Ujrah and Abu Hurayrah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3653, 3654)

O Allah, to You is due all praise with thanks; it is only Your domain to do favors with grace. O Allah, I beseech You to enable me to perform the deeds loved by You, develop sincere reliance on You, and hold good expectations from You.

~~~Ameen~~~

It is important to hold good expectations from Allah Ta’aala, for Allah Ta’aala deals with a person according to his expectations. When a servant of Allah sincerely puts his trust and hopes in Him, Allah Ta’aala does not disappoint him.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #122 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

DU’AA FOR AN OPEN HEART

اَللّٰهُمَّ افْتحْ مَسَامِعَ قَلْبِيْ لِذِكْرِكَ، وَارْزُقْنِيْ طَاعَتَكَ، وَطَاعَةَ رَسُوْلِكَ، وَعَمَلًابِكِتَابِكَ ـ

Allaahummaf-tah masaami’a qalbii lidhikrik(a), war-zuqnii taa’atak(a), wa taa’ata Rasuulik(a), wa ‘amalam biKitaabik. (‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3655)

O Allah, open my heart to the hearing of Your remembrance. Grant me obedience to You and to Your Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) and (grant me) performance of deeds according to Your Book.

~~~Ameen~~~

Open my heart: That is, when I perform dhikr by tongue or hear it from others, it should also reach the depths of my heart.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #123 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Ameen 1

• 2 weeks later...

DU'AA FOR TAQWA

اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِيْ أَخْشَاكَ كَأَنِّيْ أَرَاكَ أَبَدًا حَتّٰى أَلْقَاكَ، وَأَسْعِدْنِيْ بِتَقْوَاكَ وَ

-لَاتُشْقِنِيْ بِمَعْصِيَتِكَ

Allaahummaj-'alnii akhshaaka ka'annii araaka abadan hattaa alqaak(a), wa as'idnii bitaqwaaka wa laa tushqinii bima'siyatik. '(Abu Hurayrah. Majma' az-Zawaa'id #17393)

O Allah, make me fear You as if I see You all the time until I meet You. Make me blissful as a result of Your taqwa (Your fear and piety); do not make me wretched as a result of Your disobedience.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration and translation of du’aa #124 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Ameen 1

• 3 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR EASE AND FORGIVENESS
  اَللّٰهُمَّ الْطُفْ بِيْ فِيْ تَيْسِيْرِ كُلِّ عَسِيْرٍ فَأِنَّ تَيْسِيْرَ كُلِّ عَسِيْرٍ عَلَيْكَ يَسِيْرٌ، وَّأَسْأَلُكَ اليُسْرَ وَالْمُعَافَاةَ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْاٰخِرَةِـ اَللّٰهُمَّ
اعْفُ عَنِّيْ فَأِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ كَرِيْمٌ ـ

Allaahummal-tuf bii fii taysiiri kulli ‘asiir(in), fa inna taysiira kulli ‘asiirin ‘alayka yasiir(un), wa as’alukal-yusra wal-mu’aafaata fid-dunyaa wal-aakihira(ti). Allaahumma’-fu ‘annii fa innaka ‘Afuwwun Kariim. (Composite: Abu Hurayrah and Abu Sa’id al-Kuhdri. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3658, 3659)

O Allah, extend Your graciousness to me by turning all difficulties into ease, for to make a difficulty easy is very easy for You. And I ask You for ease and forgiveness in the world and in the Hereafter. O Allah, forgive me for indeed You are the Generous Forgiver

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration and translation of du’aa #125 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 1 month later...

PROTECTION FROM HYPOCRISY, OSTENTATION AND PRETENSION

اَللّٰهُمَّ طَهِّرْقَلْبِيْ مِنَ النِّفَاقِ، وَعَمَلِيْ مِنَ الرِّيَاءِ، وَلِسَانِيْ مِنَ الْكَذِبِ، وَعَيْنِيْ مِنَ الْخِيَانَةِ، فَأِنَّكَ تَعْلَمُ خَاىِنَةَ الْأَعْيُنِ وَ مَاتُخْفِي الصُّدُوْرُـ

ِAllaahumma tahhir qalbii minan-nifaaq(i), wa ‘amalii minar-riyaa(i), wa lisaanii minal-kadhib(i), wa ‘aynii minal-khiyaana(ti), fa innaka ta’lamu khaa’inatal-‘a’yuni wa maa tukhfis-suduعr. (Um Ma’bad al=Khuzaa’iyyah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3660)

O Allah, purify my heart from hypocrisy, my deeds from ostentation and pretension, my tongue from lies, and my eyes from wrongful glances. For, indeed, You know what the eyes deceptively glance at and what the hearts conceal.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration and translation of du’aa #126 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1
  • Ameen 1

• 2 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR PROFUSELY WEEPING EYES

اَللّٰهُمَّ ارْزُقْنِيْ عَيْنَيْنِ هَطَّالَتَيْنِ، تَشْفِيَانِ الْقَلْبَ بِذُرُوْفِ الدُّمُوْعِ مِنْ خَشْيَتِكَ، قَبْلَ أَنْ تَكُوْنَ الدُّمُوْعُ دَمًا وَّالْأَ ضْرَاسُ جَمْرًاـ

ِAllaahummar-zuqnii ‘aynayni hattaalatayn(i), tashfiyaanil-qalba bidhuruufid-dumuu’i min khashyatik(a), qabla an takuunad-dumuu’u daman wal-‘adraasu jamra. (‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3661)

O Allah, grant me profusely weeping eyes that comfort the heart with tears that flow out of Your fear – before the time comes when eyes will be shedding blood and teeth will become embers.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration and translation of du’aa #127 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Ameen 2

• 3 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR A LIFE OF OBEDIENCE

،اَللّٰهُمَّ عَافِنِيْ فِيْ قُدْرَتِكَ، وَأَدْخِلْنِيْ فِيْ رَحْمَتِكَ وَاقْضِ أَجَلِيْ فِيْ طَاعَتِكَ، وَاخْتِمْ لِيْ بِخَيْرِعَمَلِيْ، وَاجْعَلْ ثَوَابَهُ الْجَنَّةَـ

ِAllaahumma ‘aafinii fii qudratik(a), wa adkhilnii fii rahmatik(a), waq-di ajalii fii taa’atik(a), wakh-tim lii bikahyri ‘amalii, waj-‘al thawaabahul-Jannah. (‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3662)

O Allah, grant me security with Your power, admit me to your mercy, let me spend my entire life in Your obedience, let my life end with my best deed, and make Paradise its reward.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration and translation of du’aa #128 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Ameen 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:21 AM, ummtaalib said:

Aameen to lovely Du'a and its so good to see this topic continued, Jazaakillah

Can you please double check the spelling in thsi word ? - ثَوَابَلهُ

JazakAllahu khayran aapa! Indeed, it is a typo on my part. Inshaallah I will correct it here and on my blog now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DU’AA FOR A SURPRISE BLESSING AND PROTECTION FROM SUDDEN MISFORTUNE

اَللّٰهُمَّ أِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فُجَاءَةِ الْخَيْرِ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ فُجَاءَةِ الشَّرِّ ـ

Allaahumma inii as’aluka min fujaa’atil-khayr(i), wa a’uudhu bika min fujaa’atish-sharr. [Anas ibn Malik. ‘Amal al-Yawm wal-Laylah (Ibn as-Sunni) #39]

O Allah, I beg you for a surprise blessing and seek Your protection from a sudden misfortune.

~~~Ameen~~~

We do not know what a new day brings with it. So we should be making this du’aa every morning and evening, as was the practice of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem). He said that anyone who makes this du’aa every morning and evening will be saved from sudden calamities during that day or night.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #130 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Ameen 2

DU’AA FOR FREEDOM FROM NEEDING THOSE OF ALLAH TA’AALA’S CREATURES WHO DO NOT NEED US

اَللّٰهُمَّ أَنْتَ السَّلَامُ وَ مِنْكَ السَّلَامُ وَأِلَيْكَ يَعُوْدُ السَّلَامُ، أَسْأَلُكَ يَا ذَا الْجَلَالِ وَالْأِكْرَامِ أَنْ تَسْتَجِيْبَ لَنَا دَعْوَتَنَا، وَأَنْ تُعْطِيَنَا رَغْبَتَنَا، وَ أَنْ تُغْنِيَنَا عَمَّنْ أَغْنَيْتَهُ عَنَّا مِنْ خَلْقِكَ ـ

Allaahumma antas-Salaamu wa minkas-salaamu wa ilayka ya’uudus-salaam(u), as’aluka yaa Dhal-jalaali wal-‘ikraami an tastajiiba lanaa da’watanaa, wa an tu’tiyanaa raghbatanaa, wa an tughniyanaa ‘amman aghnaytahuu ‘annaa min khaliqik. [Abu Sa’id al-Khudri. Majma’ az-Zawa’id #16998]

O Allah, Your name is as-Salaam (Giver of Peace); peace comes only from You and returns to You. I beg You, O the Majestic and Benevolent, that You accept our du’aas, grant us what we long for, and free us from needing those of Your creatures who do not need us.

~~~Ameen~~~

free us from… who do not need us: This is an interdependent world. That makes communities, societies, and civilization itself possible. When two parties have mutual and roughly equal needs for each other, the result is an equitable exchange. On the other hand, one-sided dependence is the source of all exploitation. We seek Allah’s help in getting out of it and we must do all we can to end such a relationship.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #131 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Ameen 1

DU’AA TO MAKE WHEN FACED WITH A DECISION

اَللّٰهُمَّ خِرْ لِيْ وَاخْتِر لِيْ ـ

Allaahumma khir lii wakh-tar lii. [Abu Bakr. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #3438]

O Allah, choose and select for me.

~~~Ameen~~~

When a person is faced with a decision and there is no time for Istikhaarah salaat, this du’aa can be said repeatedly instead.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #132 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR BLESSINGS AND CONTENTMENT

اَللّٰهُمَّ أَرْضِنِيْ بِقَضَائِكَ، وَبَارِكْ لِيْ فِيْمَا قُدِّرَ لِيْ،حَتّٰى لَا أُحِبَّ تَعْجِيْلَ مَا أَخَّرْتَ، وَلَا تَأْخِيْرَ مَا عَجَّلْتَ ـ

Allaahumma ardinii biqadaa’ik(a), wa baarik lii fiimaa quddira lii, hattaa laa uhibba ta’jiila maa akh-khart(a), wa laa ta’khira maa ‘ajjalt. [‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar. Kanz al-‘Ummal #9323]

O Allah, make me happy with Your Will, and bless me in whatever You have destined for me so that I do not want to hasten what You delayed or to delay what You hastened.

~~~Ameen~~~

This du’aa is also recommended for saying when one is facing financial difficulties.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #133 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Ameen 2

NO REAL LIFE EXCEPT THAT OF THE HEREAFTER

اَللّٰهُمَّ لَاعَيْشَ إِلَّاعَيْشُ الْاٰخِرَةِ ـ

Allaahumma laa ‘aysha illaa ‘ayshul-aakirah. [Anas ibn Malik. Sahih al-Bukhari #2741]

O Allah, there is no (real) life except that of the Hereafter.

~~~Ameen~~~

The Prophet ﷺ said this when digging the trench in preparation for the Battle of the Trench. The Ansar were reciting:

نَحْنُ الَّذِينَ بَايَعُوا مُحَمَّدَا          عَلَى الْجِهَادِ مَا حَيِينَا أَبَدَا

And the Prophet ﷺ responded with:

اَللّٰهُمَّ لَاعَيْشَ إِلَّاعَيْشُ الْاٰخِرَةِ          فَأَكْرِمْ الْأَنْصَارَ وَالْمُهَاجِرَهْ

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration, translation and commentary of du’aa #134 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR LIFE AND DEATH AS A HUMBLE PERSON

اَللّٰهُمَّ أَحْيِنِيْ مِسْكِيْنًا وَّأَمِتْنِيْ مِسْكِيْنًا وَّاحْشُرْنِيْ فِيْ زُمْرَةِ الْمَسَاكِيْنِ ـ

Allaahumma ahyinii miskiinan wa amitnii miskiinan wah-shurnii fii zumratil-masaakiin. [Anas ibn Malik. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #2275]

O Allah, give me life of a humble person and death of a humble person, and raise me on the Day of Judgment among humble persons.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s transliteration and translation of du’aa #135 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Ameen 2