IslamicTeachings.org

The Accepted Whispers: Munajaat-e-Maqbul

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS AND HEAVY SCALES

اَللّٰهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِيْ ذَنْبِۢيْ، وَاخْسِئْ شَيْطَانِيْ، وَ فُكَّ رِهَانِيْ، وَثَقِّلْ مِيْزَانِيْ، وَاجْعَلْنِيْ فِي النَّدِيِّ الْأَعْلىٰ ـ

Allahummagh-fir lii dhambii, wakh-si’ shaytaanii, wa fukka rihaanii, wa thaqqil miizaanii, waj-‘alnii fin-nadiyyil-‘a’laa. (Abu al-Azhar al-Anmari. Sunan Abi Dawud #4395; Ibid. Mustadrak Hakim #182/1982)

O Allah, forgive my sins, expel my Shaytan, and redeem my pledge. Make my scales heavy and make me from among the highest class (in the Hereafter).

~~~Ameen~~~

my Shaytan: any shaytan from the jinns or humans who targets the person making this du’aa.

redeem my pledge: This refers to the verse: “Every man is in pledge for his deeds” (At-Tur, 52:21). So the du’aa is that we discharge all our obligations toward Allah Ta’aala and His creations so our pledge is redeemed.

highest class: the group of the highest ranking angels in the court of Allah. The du’aa is for getting their company.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #96 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR SAFETY FROM PUNISHMENT

اَللّٰهُمَّ قِنِيْ عَذَابَكَ يَوْمَ تَبْعَثُ عِبَادَكَ ـ

Allaahumma qinii ‘adhaabaka yawma tab’athu ‘ibaadak. (Hafsah Sunan Abi Dawud #4388)

O Allah, save me from Your punishment on the day You raise Your servants to life again.

~~~Ameen~~~

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) used to say this du’aa after the salaat.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #97 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DU’AA TO CURE INSOMNIA

اَللّٰهُمَّ رَبَّ السَّمٰوٰتِ السَّبْعِ وَمَا أَظَلَّتْ، وَرَبَّ الْأَرَضِيْنَ وَ مَا أَقَلَّتْ، وَرَبَّ الشَّيَاطِيْنِ وَمَا أَضَلَّتْ، كُنْ لِّيْ جَارًا مِّنْ شَّرِّ خَلْقِكَ أَجْمَعِيْنَ أَنْ يَّفْرُ طَ عَلَيَّ أَحَدٌ مِّنْهُمْ أَوْ أَنْ يَّطْغٰى، عَزَّ جَارُكَ وَتَبَارَكَ اسْمُكَ ــ

Allaahumma Rabbas-samaawaatis-sab’i wa maa azallat, wa Rabbal ‘aradiina wa maa aqallar, wa Rabbash-shayaatiini wa maa adallat, kun lii jaaram min sharri khalqika ajma’iina an yafruta ‘alayya ahadum minhum aw an yatghaa, ‘azza jaaruka wa tabaarakas-muk. (Khalid ibn al-Walid.Majma’ az-Zawa’id #17063)

O Allah, Lord of the seven heavens and whatever comes under their shadows. Lord of the earths and whatever they bear. Lord of the devils and whatever they mislead. Be a Protector for me from the mischiefs of Your entire creation lest any of them do evil or oppress me. Strong is Your protection and blessed is Your name.

~~~Ameen~~~

This du’aa was taught to Sayyidna Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra) by Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) to cure his insomnia.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #98 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS AND MERCY

لاَ إِلٰهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ لَاشَرِيْكَ لَكَ سُبْحَانَكَ. اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ لِذَنْبِۘيْ وَأَسْأَلُكَ رَحْمَتَكَ ـ

Laa Ilaaha illaa anta laa shariika laka subhaanak(a). Allaahumma innii astaghfiruka lidhambii wa as’aluka rahmatak. (A’ishah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #23417)

There is no god except You, You have no partner. Glorified are You, O Allah, I seek forgiveness from You for my sin and I beseech You for Your mercy.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #99 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS

اَللّۢهُمَّ اغْفِرْلِيْ ذَنْۘبِيْ، وَ وَسِّعْ لِيْ فِيْ دَارِيْ، وَبَارِكْ لِيْ فِيْ رِزْقِيْ ـ

Allaahummagh-fir lii dhambii, wa wassi’ lii fii daarii, wa baarik lii fii rizqii. (Abu Hurayrah. Kanz al-'Ummal #3633)

O Allah, forgive my sin, make my home ample for me, and bless me in my sustenance.

~~~Ameen~~~

This du’aa should also be recited when making wudu.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #100 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR CLEANLINESS AND PURITY

اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِيْ مِنَ التَّوَّابِيْنَ وَاجْعَلْنِيْ مِنَ الْمُتَطَهِّرِيْنَ ـ

Allahummaj-‘alnii minat-tawwaabiina waj-‘alnii minal-mutatahhiriin. (‘Umar ibm al-Khattab. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #50)

O Allah, make me one of those who turn to You and repent much, and make me one of those who stay very clean and very pure.

~~~Ameen~~~

This du’aa is also to be said after making wudu’.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #101 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS, GUIDANCE, PROVIDENCE, AND PROTECTION

اَللّٰهُمَّ اغْفِرْلِيْ،وَاهْدِنِيْ، وَارْزُقْنِيْ، وَعَافِنِيْ، وَاهْدِنِيْ لِمَاخْتُلِفَ فِيْهِ مِنَ الْحَقِّ بِأِذْنِكَ ـ

Allaahummagh-fir lii, wah-dinii, war-zuqnii, wa ‘aafinii, wah-dinii limakh-tulifa fiihi minal-haqqi bi-‘idhnik. (Composite: ‘A’ishah. Sunan an-Nasa’i #5440; Ibid. Sahih Muslim #1289)

O Allah, forgive me, guide me, provide for me, and give me protection. And guide me with Your Will to the right thing in whatever is controversial.

~~~Ameen~~~

When faced with controversies and confusions, we seek Allah’s help to get a clear vision of the reality. A person earnestly resorting to this du’a is also protected from the ego trips which lead even the knowledgeable people astray in the heat of controversies.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #102 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 1 month later...

DU'AA FOR LIGHT

duaa-103-1.jpg?w=620

Allaahummaj-‘al fii qalbii nuura(n) wa fii basarii nuura(n), wa fii sam’ii nuura(n), wa ‘an yamiinii nuura(n), wa ‘an shimaalii nuura(n), wa khalfii nuura(n), wa min amaamii nuura(n), waj-‘al lii nuura(n), wa fii ‘asaabii nuura(n), wa fii lahmii nuura(n),  wa fii damii nuura(n), wa fii sha’rii nuura(n), wa fii basharii nuura(n), wa fii lisaanii nuura(n), waj-‘al fii nafsii nuura(n), wa a’zmi lii nuura(n), waj-‘alnii nuura(n), waj-‘al min fawqii nuura(n), wa min tahtii nuura(n), Allaahumma a’tinii nuura. (‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas. Sahih al-Bukhari #5841; Sahih Muslim #1279)

O Allah, put Light in my heart, Light in my sight, Light in my hearing, Light to my right, Light to my left, Light behind me, and Light in front of me. (O Allah,) bestow upon me Light. (O Allah,) put Light in my muscles, Light in my flesh, Light in my blood, Light in my hair, Light in my skin, Light in my tongue, and Light in my soul. Make my Light great and make me all Light. And put Light above me and Light below me. O Allah, give me Light.

~~~Ameen~~~

According to the ahadith, this du’aa should be made while going to the masjid for Fajr salat. The darkness of the surroundings at that time reminds us of the general darkness of the human condition. Those who wake up and walk to the masjid at this time are true seekers of light. We seek it from Allah Ta’aala, as He is the only source of light. There is no light and there is no enlightenment without Him. “And he for whom Allah has not appointed light, for him there is no light” (An Nur, 24:40).

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #103 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR HIS MERCY AND PROVISIONS

اَللّٰهُمَّ افْتَحْ لَنَا أَبْوَالبَ رَحْمَتِكَ، وَسَهِّلْ لَنَا أَبْوَابَ رِزْقِكَ ـ

Allaahummaf-tah lanaa abwaaba rahmatik(a), wa sahhil lanaa abwaaba rizqik. (ِAbu Humayd.Musnad Ahmad #15477; Al-Hizb al-A’zam)

O Allah, open for us the doors of Your mercy and give us easy access to the doors to Your provisions.

~~~Ameen~~~

The first part of this du’aa is also to be recited when entering a masjid. A masjid is the house of Allah Ta’aala. We enter it with the plea that we are engulfed in His mercy.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #104 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AAS FOR HIS PROTECTION AND HIS FAVOUR

اَللّٰهُمَّ اعْصِمْنِيْ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ ـ

Allaahumma’-simnii minash-shaytaanir-rajiim. (Abu Hurayrah. Sunan Ibn Majah #765)

O Allah, protect me from the cursed Shaytan.

~~~Ameen~~~

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ ـ

Allaahumma innii as’aluka min fadlik. (Abu Humayd. Sahih Muslim #1165)

O Allah, I beg You for Your favor.

~~~Ameen~~~

A person exiting the masjid should put his left foot out first and say [the second] du’aa. Fadl refers to the bounties of this world.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #105, and translation and commentary of #106 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 4 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR FORGIVENESS OF ALL SINS AND MISTAKES

اَللّٰهُمَّ اغْفِرْلِيْ خَطَاَيَايَ وَ ذُنُوْبِيْ كُلَّهَا. اَللّٰهُمَّ انْعَشْنِيْ، وَأَحْيِنِيْ، وَارْزُقْنِيْ، وَاهْدِنِيْ لِصَالِحِ الأَعُمَالِ وَالأَخْلَاقِ، إِنَّهٗ لَايَهْدِيْ لِصَالحِهَاوَلَايَصْرِ فُ سَيِّئَهَا إِلَّاأَنْتَ ـ

Allaahummagh-fir lii khataayaaya wa dhunuubii kullahaa. Allaahumman-‘ashnii, wa ahyinii, war-zuqnii, wah-dinii lisaalihil-‘a’maali wal-‘akhlaaq(i), innahuu laa yahdii lisaalihihaa wa laa yasrifu sayyi’ahaa illaa Ant. (Abu Ayyub al-Ansari. Mustadrak Hakim #1540/5942; Abu Umamah al-Bahili. Mu’jam al-Kabir (Tabarani))

O Allah, forgive all of my sins and mistakes. O Allah, elevate me, give me life and provisions, and guide me to pious deeds and morals. Certainly no one leads to the pious deeds and morals and no one protects from the evil ones except You.

~~~Ameen~~~

forgive all of my sins and mistakes: The reference to sins in the du’aas of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) should not be interpreted literally. We must remember that he was sinless. These refer to the leaving out of the most preferred option, not the commission of a sin as such.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #107 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 3 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR THE PURE, THE BENEFICIAL AND THE ACCEPTED

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ رِزْقًا طَيِّبًا، وَّعِلْمًا نَّافِعًا، وَّعَمَلًا مُّتَقَبَّلًا ـ

Allaahumma innii as’aluka rizqan tayyiba(n), wa ‘ilman naafi’an, wa ‘amalam mutaqabbala. [um Salamah. Mu’jam al-Kabir (Tabarani)]

O Allah, I beg You for provisions that are pure, knowledge that is beneficial, and deeds that will be accepted.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #108 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR THOSE SUFFERING FROM WORRY OR GRIEF

اللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ عَبْدُكَ وَابْنُ عَبْدِكَ وَابْنُ أَمَتِكَ، نَاصِيَتِيْ بِيَدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤُكَ. أَسأَلُكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ، سَمَّيْتَ بِهٖ نَفْسَكَ، أَوْ أنْزَلْتَهٗ فِيْ كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْتَهٗ أَحَدًا مِّنْ خَلْقِكَ، أَوَ اسْتَأثَرْتَ بِهٖ فِيْ عِلْمِ الْغَيْبِ عِنْدَكَ، أَنْ تَجْعَلَ الْقُرْ اٰنَ العَظِيْمَ رَبِيْعَ قَلْبِيْ، وَنُوْرَبَصَرِيْ، وَجِلَاءَ حُزْنِيْ، وَذَهَابَ هَّمِيْ ـ

Allaahumma innii ‘abduka wab-nu ‘abdika wab-nu amatik(a), naasiyatii biyadik(a), maadin fiyya hukmuk(a), ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uk(a). As’aluka bikullis-min huwa lak(a), sammayta bihii nafsak(a), aw anzaltahuu fii kitaabik(a), aw ‘allamtahuu ahadam min khalqik(a), awis-ta’tharta bihii fii ‘ilmil-ghaybi ‘indak(a), an taj’alal-Qur’aanal-‘aziima rabii’a qalbii, wa nuura basarii, wa jilaa’a huznii, wa dhahaaba hammi. [‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud. Mu’jam al-Kabir (Tabarani)]

O Allah, I am Your slave, son of Your male servant, and son of Your female servant. My forelock is in Your Hand. Your command for me prevails. Your Judgment concerning me is just. I beseech You through every name You have, by which You have called Yourself, or which You have sent down in Your Book, or which You taught to any one of Your creations, or which You preferred to keep to Yourself among Your guarded secrets, to make the Great Qur’an the springtime of my heart, the light of my eyes, the remedy of my grief, and the dispeller of my anxiety.

~~~Ameen~~~

Sayyidna ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (ra) reports that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem)  said, “Whenever a Muslim is suffering from a worry or grief and he makes this du’aa, Allah will remove his worry and replace his grief with joy.” The Companions said, “Should we not learn these words?” He replied, “Certainly. It is only proper for anyone who listens to these words to learn them.”

In the beginning part, a woman should say here: اللّٰهُمَّ أَنَا أَمَتُكَ وَبِنْتُ عَبْدِكَ وَبِنْتُ أَمَتِكَ (“O Allah, I am Your female servant, daughter of Your male servant, and daughter of Your female servant”).

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #109 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 2 months later...

DU’AA FOR SAFETY

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِلٰهَ جِبْرِئِيْلَ وَمِيْكَائِيْلَ وَإِسْرَافِيْلَ، وَإِلٰهَ إِبْرَاهِيْمَ وَإِسْمٰعِيْلَ وَإِسْحٰقَ، عَافِنِيْ وَ لَاتُسَلِّطَنَّ أَحَدًا مِّنْ خَلْقِكَ عَلَيَّ بِشَيْءٍ لَّا طَا قَةَ لَيْ بِهٖ ـ

Allaahumma ilaaha Jibra’iila wa Miikaa’iila wa Israafiil(a), wa ilaaha Ibraahiima wa Ismaa’iila wa Ishaaq(a), ‘aafinii wa laa tusallitanna ahadam min khalqika ‘alayya bishay’in laa taaqata lii bih. (Musannaf ibn Abi Shaybah #29171)

O Allah, Lord of Jibril (Gabriel), Mika’il (Michael), Israfil, and Lord of Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma’il (Ishmael), and Is’haq (Isaac), grant me safety and do not impose anyone of Your creations upon me with such a thing as would be intolerable to me.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #110 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA FOR PROTECTION FROM HARAM, THROUGH HALAL

-اللّٰهُمَّ اكْفِنِيْ بِحَلَالِكَ عَنْ حَرَامِكَ، وَأَغْنِنِيْ بِفَضْلِكَ عَمَّنْ سِوَاكَ

Allaahummak-finii bihalaalika ‘an haraamik(a), wa aghninii bifadlika ‘amman siwaak. (‘Ali ibn Abi Talib. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #3486)

O Allah, protect me from what You declared haram (unlawful) through the sufficiency of what You made halal (lawful). And make me, by Your benevolence, independent of all besides You.

~~~Ameen~~~

Sayyidna ‘Ali (ra) was approached by a slave who needed money to win his freedom. He did not have money to help the person; instead he taught him these words, saying that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) said, “If one is under the burden of a mountain of debt, Allah will help him discharge it when he supplicates to Him thus.”

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #111 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

DU’AA AT HIGH AND LOW POINTS IN LIFE

duaa_112.jpg

Allaahumma innaka tasma’u kalaamii, wa taraa makaanii, wa ta’lamu sirrii wa ‘alaaniyatii, laa yakhfaa ‘alayka shay’um min amrii, wa anal-baa’isul-faqiir(u), al-mustaghiithul-mustajiir(u), al-wajilul-mushfiqul-muqirrul-mu’tarifu bidhambih(ii). As’aluka mas’alatal-miskiin(i), wa abtahilu ilaykab-tihaalal-mudhnibidh-dhaliil(i), wa ad’uuka du’aa’al-khaa’ifd-dariir(i), wa du’aa’a man khada’at laka raqabatuh(u), wa faadat laka ‘abratuh(u), wa dhalla laka jismuh(uu), wa raghima laka anfuh(u). Allaahumma laa taj’alnii bidu’aa’ika shaqiyya(n), wa kum bii Ra’uufan Rahiima(n), yaa Khayral-mas’uuliin(a), wa yaa Khayral-mu’tiin(a). Allaahumma ilayka ashkuu du’fa quwwatii, wa qillata hiilatii, wa hawaanii ‘alan-naas(i). Yaa Arhamar-raahimiina ilaa man takilunii? Ilaa ‘aduwwin yatahajjamunii, am ilaa qariibim mallakatuhuu amrii? In lam takun saakhitan ‘alayya fa laa ubaalii, ghayra anna ‘aafiyataka asa’u lii.

(composite: ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas and ‘Abdullah ibn Ja’far. Kanz al-‘Ummat #3614, 3613)

O Allah, You hear my speech and behold my situation. You know my secret and open matters. None of my affairs is concealed from You. And I am the miserable, needy, suppliant, succor-seeking, fearful and anxious person who confesses his sins. I beg of You – the begging of the destitute. I implore You – the imploring of an abased sinner. And I make du’aa to You – the du’aa of the fearful afflicted person, whose neck is bowed down before You, whose eyes pour out tears before You, whose body is humbled before You, and whose nose cleaves to the ground for You. O Allah, do not make me frustrated in my supplication to You. And be Compassionate and Merciful to me. O, the Best of those who are asked, and the Best of all who give. O Allah, I place my complaint before You for my weakness, lack of means, and my insignificance in the eyes of people. O the Most Merciful of those who show mercy, to whom will You entrust me? To an enemy who will oppress me or to the hands of a sympathetic friend whom You have entrusted my affair? (O Allah,) if You are not displeased with me then I do not care for such things. Still, Your protection will be the easier for me.

~~~Ameen~~~

O Allah, You hear my speech… and the Best of all who give: The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) made this du’aa on the day of ‘Arafah during his last Hajj. At this time all of Arabia had come under the domination of Islam. About 124,000 companions performed Hajj with him.

O Allah, I place my complaint… Still, Your protection will be the easier for me: This du’aa was made on one of the saddest days in the life of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem). It was June 619 CE when he visited Ta’if, a  hill station near Makkah. The pagans of Ta’if not only mocked his invitation to believe in the one true God, they also sent their urchins to throw stones at him until his shoes filled with blood. In great distress the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) turned to Allah with this du’aa. Slightly more than a decade later, the entire area came under the rule of Islam.

Thus, of the two du’aas that Munajat has put together here, one was said at the height of his worldly achievements; the other at one of the lowest points in his life. Yet they have exactly the same tone. The juxtaposition is extremely significant. It points out that in the best of times, just as in the worst of times, Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) was the same servant of Allah.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #112 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• 2 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR YEARNING HEARTS

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنَّا نَسْأَلُكَ قُلُوْبًا أَوَّاهَةً مُّخْبِتَةً مُّنِيْبَةً فِيْ سَبِيْلِكَ ـ

Allaahumma innaa nas’aluka quluuban awwaahatam mukhbitatam muniibatan fii sabiilik. (‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud. Mustadrak Hakim #157/1957)

O Allah, we beg You for yearning hearts that are humble and that turn to Your path.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #113 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR YAQEEN

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ إِيْمَانًا يُّبَاشِرُ قَلْبِيْ، وَيَقِيْنًا صَادِقًا حَتّٰى أَعْلَمَ أَنَّهٗ لَايُصِيْبُنِيْ إِلَّامَا كَتَبْتَ لِيْ، وَرِضًى مِّنَ الْمَعِيْشَةِ بِمَا قَسَمْتَ لِيْ ـ

Allaahumma innii as’aluka iimaanan yubashiru qalbii, wa yaqiinan saadiqan hattaa a’lama annahuu laa yusiibunii illaa maa katabta lii, wa ridam minal-ma’iishati bimaa qasamta lii.

(‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3657; Ibid. Majma’ az-Zawa’id #17410)

O Allah, I beg You for the faith that settles deep in my heart, a true conviction so that I understand that nothing can afflict me beyond what You have decreed for me, and satisfaction with the provision which You have apportioned for me.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #114 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

PRAISE BELONGS TO ALLAH TA’AALA

اللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ كَالَّذِيْ تَقُوْلُ وَخَيْرًا مِّمَّا نَقُوْلُ ـ

Allaahumma lakal-hamdu kaalladhii taquulu wa khayram mimmaa naquul.

(‘Ali ibn Abi Talib.Sunan at-Tirmidhi #3442)

O Allah, praise belongs to You just as You say, and better than how we say it.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation of du’aa #115 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

DU’AA FOR PROTECTION

duaa-116.jpg?w=620

Allaahumma innii a’uudhu bika mim munkaraatil-‘akhlaaqi wal-‘a’amaali wal-‘ahwaa’i wal-‘adwaa'(i), na’uudhu bika min sharri mas-ta’aadha minhu nabiyyuka Muhammadun sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam(a), wa min jaaris-suu’i fii daaril-muqaamati fa inna jaaral-baadiyati yatahawwal(u), wa ghalabatil-‘aduww(i), wa shamaatatil-‘a’daa'(i), wa minal-juu’i fa innahuu bi’sad-dajii'(u), wa minal-khiyaanati fa innahaa bi’satil-bitaana(tu), wa an narji’a ‘alaa a’qaabinaa, aw nuftana ‘an diininaa, wa minal-fitani maa zahara minhaa wa maa batan(a), wa min yawmis-suu(i), wa min laylatis-suu (i), wa min saa’atis-suu(i), wa min saahibis-suu’.

(Composite: Qutbah ibn Malik. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3671; Abu Umamah al-Bahili. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #3443; Abu Hurayrah. Mustadrak Hakim #151/1951; ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘As. Sunan an-Nasa’i #5380; Abu Hurayrah. Sunan an-Nasa’i #5373; Ibn Abi Mulaykah. Sahih al-Bukhari #6104; Zayd ibn Thabit. Sahih Muslim #5112; ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Amir. Mu’jam al-Kabir (Tabarani) 17:294)

O Allah, I seek Your protection from bad morals, deeds, desires, and diseases. We seek Your protection from the evil of everything for which Your Prophet Muhammad ﷺ sought Your protection. And from a bad neighbor where we live, for  a bad neighbor in travel moves away. And from domination of the enemy and the ridicule of the enemies. And from hunger;  indeed, it is a bad bedfellow. And from betrayal of trust, for it is a bad intimate. And from that we should turn back on our feet, or that we should be persecuted into separation from our religion. And form tribulations both open and hidden, from the bad day, the bad night, the bad moment, and the bad companion.

~~~Ameen~~~

bad intimate: Bitaanah means intimate. Here it means the bad intention (of betraying) that settles deep into one’s heart.

from that we should turn back… from our religion: Ibn Abi Mulaykah, rahimahullah, used to make this du’aa after mentioning the famous hadith according to which angels will force back some people form the Hawd of Kawthar on the Day of Judgment, explaining to the Prophet ﷺ that these people had turned back after him.

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and commentary of du’aa #116 in the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

Assalaamu 'alaykum warahmatullaah Acacia,

couple of corrections if I may...

In post number 119:

اللّٰهُمَّ لَكَالْحَمْدُ كَالَّذِيْ تَقُوْلُ وَخَيْرًا مِّمَّا نَقُوْلُ

above should be:

اللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ كَالَّذِيْ تَقُوْلُ وَخَيْرًا مِّمَّا نَقُوْلُ

In post number 118

وَرِضً مِّنَ الْمَعِيْشَةِ بِمَاقَسَمْتَ لِيْ

above should be:

وَرِضًى مِّنَ الْمَعِيْشَةِ بِمَا قَسَمْتَ لِيْ

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

ALL FOR ALLAH TA’AALA

اَللّٰهُمَّ لَكَ صَلَاتِيْ وَنُسُكِيْ وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِيْ، وَإِلَيْكَ مَاٰبِيْ، وَلَكَ رَبِّ تُرَاثِيْ ـ

Allaahumma laka salaatii wa nusukii wa mahyaaya wa mamaatii, wa ilayka ma’aabii, wa laka rabbi turaathii. (‘Ali ibn Abi Talib. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #3442)

O Allah, my salaat, my sacrifice, my life, and my death are all for You. To You is my return and Yours is what I leave behind.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and transliteration of du’aa #117 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 2

DU’AA FOR THE GOOD BROUGHT BY WINDS

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِ مَا تَجِيْءُ بِهِ الرِّيَاحُ ـ

Allaahumma innii as’aluka min khayri maa tajii’u bihir-riyaah. (‘Ali ibn Abi Talib. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3637)

O Allah, I beg You for all the good brought by winds.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and transliteration of du’aa #118 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1

DU’AA FOR SHUKR, DHIKR, NASIHAT AND PRESERVATION OF COMMANDS

اَللّٰهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِيْ أُعَظِّمُ شُكْرَكَ، وَأُكْثِرُ ذِكْرَكَ، وَأَتَّبِعُ نَصِيْحَتَكَ، وَأَحْفَظُ وَصِيَّتَكَ ـ اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنَّ قُلُوْبَنَا وَنَوَاصِيَنَا وَجَوَارِ حَنَا بِيَدِكَ، لَمْ تُمَلِّكْنَا مِنْهَا شَيْئًا، فَإِذَا فَعَلْتَ ذٰلِكَ بِهِمَا فَكُنْ أَنْتَ وَلِيَّهُمَا، وَاهْدِنَا إِلٰى سَوَاءِ السَّبِيْلِ ـ

Allaahummaj-‘alnii u’azzimu shukrak(a), wa ukthiru dhikrak(a), wa attabi’u nasiihatak(a), wa ahfazu wasiyyatak(a). Allaahumma inna quluubanaa wa nawaasiyanaa wa jawaarihanaa biyadik(a), lam tumalliknaa minhaa shay’a(n), fa idhaa fa’alta dhaalika bihimaa fa kun anta waliyyahumaa, wah-dinaa ilaa sawaa’is-sabiil. (Composite: Abu Hurayrah. Sunan at-Tirmidhi #3530; Jabir ibn ‘Abdillah. Kanz al-‘Ummal #3644)

O Allah, make me such that I thank you greatly for Your blessings, I remember You much, I follow Your counsel, and I preserve Your commands. O Allah, our hearts, our foreheads, and our limbs are in Your Hand. You did not give us total control over any of them. Since You have done that with these then be their patron, and guide us to the path of rectitude.

~~~Ameen~~~

(Source: Khalid Baig’s translation and transliteration of du’aa #119 from the Accepted Whispers: Munajat-e-Maqbul)

• Like 1