IslamicTeachings.org

"Protest against Israel" - Deactivate FaceBook Accounts

face dislike.png

Assalaamu 'alaykum

Alhamdulillah awareness of the oppression of israelis has increased. Muslims all over the world have been urged to turn to Allah subhaanahu wata'ala in repentance, salaah and du'a. Many have boycotted Israeli products however many are unaware regarding Facebook.

There is a video in urdu being circulated urging people to boycott Facebook. I cannot post it here as it has a picture but it displays www.savegaza.com (matin karim)

It begins with what is happening in Gaza, the oppression, how women are being widowed, children killed, people made homeless and destitute etc. Then the presenter goes on to introduce the owner of facebook and how much money he makes and more importantly, the following information:

In 2011, Zuckerberg ranked first on the list of the "Most Influential Jews in the World" by The Jerusalem Post and has since consistently topped the list every year as of 2013.

The presenter then urges people to deactivate their facebook accounts (with instructions) and also to say "Protest against Israel" in the box asking for the reason of deactivating the account.

Let us do whatever we can to support our Palestinian brothers and sisters.

*For those using Facebook for the purposes of Da'wah can always activate their account when inshaAllah things change

• Like 2

it does not actually say the owner of Facebook is a zionist (A person maybe Jewish but not a zionist) but you know what, many Ulama urged people to abandon Facebook when they did nothing about removing pages which insulted our beloved Nabi MUhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam. Besides a lot of young people are involved in unislamic activities and wasting time of Facebook...may Allah ta'ala protect us!

Dear aapa

Hmm, well true. Facebook takes lot of your time. Even when you are bored, you still check the same thing over and over again while you could have used that time on something benefical. the notification thing is such a problem that, when you see a 1 notification, that notification becomes your focus. also to add that when you add pics of yourselves. You wonder, how many people would like it and so on. Just waste itself also creates nothing but ill feelings about each other. Normally my facebook was closed for a while. Then i decided to open it again but now i understand that i wasted my time in this ridicilous website. Im happy that Wastebook is finished for me :)

• 1 month later...

:sl:

After reading this fatwa: http://www.qafila.org/facebook-yes-or-no/ and being encouraged by this thread I thought to delete my account, but after deletion I logged in again within 14 days so it was back, because via Hanafi fiqh YouTube channel I got FB link of female Alimah where I used to ask about sisters related issues, I asked her if she can gimme her email because I wanna delete FB, she said that she doesn't use e-mail for answering fiqh queries so I'd have to contact her via FB.

Besides I made my WiziQ account through FB. Without it I couldn't attend zamzamacademy's classes unless I made new account.

My scribed account was connected to FB. I wasn't being able to read books on scribed via mobile device without it or otherwise I'd had to create a new account.

Plus, dhahiri group - I decided I won't visit the group anymore but then I did. I thought even if I do it wouldn't prove detrimental to my Islam :insh: as I won't follow their fiqh and aqeedha.

I don't use other features of FB, friend list, updating status blah blah... Just a waste of time. I have set the privacy of everything to only me. I decided to keep it open without using it much, as many scholars also do for right purpose.

sis Aisha, have you actived your FB account again? Or do you intend to keep it stay deactivated?

sis Haya im intending to keep it deactivated but i dont know beacuse since my uni started mostly they use FB but im waiting and see how things will go on. İnsha'Allah i wont be activeting it. İ use Twitter and VK. Wastebook is finished for me. 

• Like 1

Alhamdulillah, I deleted (or maybe it was a deactivation... can't recall exactly) my personal FB account ~ 2 yrs ago & haven't looked back.

@Sis Haya: you should be able to change your WizIQ and sribed accounts to unlink them from FB & link them to your email address instead.

• Like 1

• Dawah Team

Alhamdulillah, I deleted (or maybe it was a deactivation... can't recall exactly) my personal FB account ~ 2 yrs ago & haven't looked back.

Alhamdulillah.

And I joined it nearly two years ago.

@Sis Haya: you should be able to change your WizIQ and sribed accounts to unlink them from FB & link them to your email address instead.

Okay.

And do you have any e-mail address of Alimah?

Does aapa at zamzama cademy answer fiqh queries via email?

:jazak:

Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu sis:

SubhanAllah, as I was waving good-bye you were waving hello :)

Ajeeb but I haven't had to consult an alimah (for myself) yet. Alhamdulillah, if I need to in the future, insha'Allah I can find someone reliable. I am not familiar with the female instructors at Zamzam Academy... don't know if they can answer fiqh questions via e-mail... ask them insha'Allah.

• Like 1

assalaamu 'alaykum

Aapa at zamzam academy is not a muftiyah however she does answer questions related to women's issues i.e. haydh, nifas etc. Mufti Abdur Rahman Mangera however replies queries from their website. Once you have contact with a mufti sahib, Haya, you dont really need the email of an aalimah (or even an aalim) as its best to ask fiqh related questions to a mufti or ifta websites.

As for facebook, i have always had very strong feelings about its use by our youth and especially young muslimaat even before i knew about the Israeli connection. When there are other means of communication it really is not a necessity.

Q. what do you mean by visiting the dhahiri group?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jews have controlled over 90 % of world economy.All the major  companies like Pepsi,kfc are under control of jews. All major channels like star series ,cartoon network ....they are involving in technology day by day but Muslim are just wasting there money ..think about it 

Jews have controlled over 90 % of world economy.All the major companies like Pepsi,kfc are under control of jews. All major channels like star series ,cartoon network ....they are involving in technology day by day but Muslim are just wasting there money ..think about it

Forget about their technology improvement we are giving them this chance... I saw the pics of Masjid Aqsa today, terribly messed up. we cant even protect the first qibla of islam. Technology is nothing if we (muslim) do what we suppose to do. We cant even spend our time to pray for 10 mins. Our mosques are empty. Did you see mosques full in fajr or any other prayer?Like i said before It will continue like this until we change ourselves.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...